5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I guess I will if no one closer surfaces. That's over 12 hours away but does sound like he's giving some pretty good deals.

Yeah I wanted to be within 10-12 hours of where I live in NY...I'll be driving about 20 hours to get to Aaron in LA but I'm getting the same price out the door on an ordered 21 that I was getting for leftover 2020's with about 3k less MSRP.

Genxeration

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I highly recommend that you buy local. Local businesses need your support and car dealerships are struggling right now and really need all of your money..........
I'm with you and would love to buy locally. That why I've reached out to all the dealers within an hour of me.
Ha. While I can be successfully pointed out as "that guy" who didn't drive 24 hours RT to save a couple grand, in my defense it was for HER and she said "heck no". Now perhaps Genxeration isn't in that same "boat" and also has the time off to make the trip and deal with the vagueries of a trade etc.
I'd say get the price in writing for the deal from Aaron then email the 5 or 10 closest dealers to him and tell them to match it.

Otherwise, give securityguy a $75 finders fee so he can buy that damn shift knob...wait, he already did!
HaHa. I'm always up for a road trip! I sold my 2019 Ram private party a few weeks back, so no trade to worry about.

LeadWolf

Reaction score
It looks like Ram sent out another batch of emails for the $1,000 bonus cash offer this morning. I received one in my inbox. Offer is good for both 2020 and 2021 trucks through April 30th. Excludes the TRX.
Yep, got mine in my inbox 6 days after closing the deal with Aaron at Mark Dodge. Sigh, always a dollar short and a day late.

LeadWolf

Reaction score
I highly recommend that you buy local. Local businesses need your support and car dealerships are struggling right now and really need all of your money..........
I ordered my first truck from my local dealer only to have them try to scam me out of $2k with a BS add on package that we had clearly discussed would not be added when I ordered the truck. I walked and took my business 365 miles to another state. I went to Mark Dodge and Aaron, the sales manager, took good care of me and gave me a price I couldn't refuse. So I re-ordered the exact same truck. I'm all for supporting local businesses, but I am not willing to be taken advantage of or pay more way more than I should. I saved nearly $2k (not counting the add-on package) by going out of state to a different dealer.

MarkLV

Reaction score
Hi Everyone just got me new 21, Limited yesteday very happy with the deal had to drive 2.5 hours to get there but well worth it for pricing I got. My local dealers couldnt even come close to matching it. Was gonna order one but they told me it would be at least 12 weeks, didnt want to wait that long. Didnt get every perfect thing I wanted but am very happy with truck and deal. wanted trailer tow and mirrors but can live without. for the price. will post more pics later getting windows tinted, PPP film applied and ceramic coated this week.

Sticker $74590.00+
employee taxable $3760.84+
service fee $245.00+
discount $9393.00
cash price $69202.84
trade in $43500.00 traded 2019 flame red ram laramie sport very option. owed $40714 to chase had truck almost 2 years 31K miles
trade difference $27702.84
tax .05 % WI $1386.14
nontaxable $194.00 title tag transfer
rebates $7710.84 includes taxable part of employee pricing rebate credit of $3760.84 plus actual rebate was $2250. pop up bonus cash $1500 tread lightly $500
total out door $62315.22 no down payment just trade equity
0% financing for 72 month payment $865.49
very straight forward dealership. no extra crap added on or pressured to add on did all from phone took less than 2 hours all said and done with financing and all.
went to dealership had appointment at 10 am was back on road home by noon.
Well worth the drive for me to save alot.

Kolosso Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram of Appleton Wi
Tim Smith salesman Great guy!!

Attachments

• 20210305_134822.jpg
    20210305_134822.jpg
    213 KB · Views: 53
  • 20210306_215231.jpg
    20210306_215231.jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 51

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi Everyone just got me new 21, Limited yesteday very happy with the deal had to drive 2.5 hours to get there but well worth it for pricing I got. My local dealers couldnt even come close to matching it. Was gonna order one but they told me it would be at least 12 weeks, didnt want to wait that long. Didnt get every perfect thing I wanted but am very happy with truck and deal. wanted trailer tow and mirrors but can live without. for the price. will post more pics later getting windows tinted, PPP film applied and ceramic coated this week.

Sticker $74590.00+
service fee $245.00+
discount $9393.00
cash price $69202.84
trade in $43500.00 traded 2019 flame red ram laramie sport very option. owed $40714 to chase had truck almost 2 years 31K miles
tax .05 % WI $1386.14
rebates $7710.84 includes taxable part of employee pricing rebate credit of $3760.84 plus actual rebate was $2250. pop up $1500 tread lightly $500
very straight forward dealership. no extra crap added on or pressured to add on did all from phone took less than 2 hours all said and done with financing and all.
Where in WI are you? What dealer did you buy from?

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
in in Racine but dealer is in appleton wi Kolosso chrysler dodge jeep ram Tim Smith salesman
Shocked you got treated well at Kolosso. I am in Oshkosh and went to Platteville. Kolosdo was $3k low on the trade, 11% off dealer discount on the new truck.
Next time I will probably order a Longhorn and go with Van Horn or, if they do OK on trade, Bergstrom. Bergstrom was $2k low on trade or I would have bought there (11.6% off MSRP dealer discount on new truck). VH was good on price (highest trade and 12% off new truck dealer discount), same as I got Platteville to do, but had no interest in doing a dealer locate and responsiveness was awful.
Or I will trade to Vroom and order and ship from one of the volume dealers on here.

MarkLV

Reaction score
Shocked you got treated well at Kolosso. I am in Oshkosh and went to Platteville. Kolosdo was $3k low on the trade, 11% off dealer discount on the new truck.
Next time I will probably order a Longhorn and go with Van Horn or, if they do OK on trade, Bergstrom. Bergstrom was $2k low on trade or I would have bought there (11.6% off MSRP dealer discount on new truck). VH was good on price (highest trade and 12% off new truck dealer discount), same as I got Platteville to do, but had no interest in doing a dealer locate and responsiveness was awful.
Or I will trade to Vroom and order and ship from one of the volume dealers on here.
palmen offered me $35500 I was so pissed will never go back there again, and there personal friends of mine. cant wait to stop there and show them what a real deal is. Kolosso offered 42k sight unseen gave me more once they actually saw it. that was a big part of it for me was trade in. I knew pricing of new truck was similar at most places because of employee price.

TravisJ

Reaction score
Shocked you got treated well at Kolosso. I am in Oshkosh and went to Platteville.

I tried to go through Platteville and they ghosted me. They emailed me that the truck was available and less than two hours later I responded in the early afternoon. Basically wanted to know their best price and a rough estimate with rebates/fees. Heck, they could have came back with the listed price and I probably would have gone down to buy it. Instead the salesman never responded. Shot an email to a sales manager the next morning (maybe the guy was out of office, never know), but it’s been a few days and neither responded.

Not as strange as Forest Lake CDJR in Minnesota though. I was practically begging to agree to buy and put down a deposit on an in-transit truck they had coming in. He didn’t seem interested in talking numbers because incentives were changing before the truck arrived in March. He asked for my full address and if I was financing, then ghosted me. March rolls around...never contacted me again.

I honestly do not understand dealers sometimes.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anytime I have tried to buy from Kolosso they don't really like playing the negotiating game like some other dealers. When I was hunting for my truck they had one I was ready to buy but was in the beginning of the month. They would discount some but nothing more than what I could get from other dealerships. 3 weeks later they came back to me wanting to make a dealer but by that time I already had an order in for a new one. Their loss. I have bought my last 3 vehicles from Sheybogan Chrysler as I deal directly with the same manager there. I'll go to Kolosso for service but that isn't always the best either (might have to give Bergstrom a try for that again).

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Sticker $74590.00+
service fee $245.00+
discount $9393.00
cash price $69202.84
tax .05 % WI $1386.14
rebates $7710.84 includes taxable part of employee pricing rebate credit of $3760.84 plus actual rebate was $2250. pop up bonus cash $1500 tread lightly $500

Kolosso Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram of Appleton Wi
Tim Smith salesman Great guy!!
Great detailed pricing and positive report on the sales process!

Zeektacus

Reaction score
I don't believe that you have to finance with them. It is a member rebate from the manufacturer from what I understand. I just created an account as well since the delivery of my order will most likely be outside 60 days. They do have some very good financing though not as good as the potential 0% manufacturer incentive. Good to have options.
Do you have to be military to have an account t with them?

Runagun

Reaction score
If local price is $4-5k more would you still follow your recommendation?

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
If local price is $4-5k more would you still follow your recommendation?
Runagun, this is a running joke between him (sg) and I. He advocates (if I'm not putting words in his mouth) looking for the best price. I'm the one who balked at a long drive and shopped more local, spending a couple K more. I'm more of a "shop local, don't always go to WallyWorld or Amazon for everything, give the local sticks n bricks a chance" but I do admit that I overpaid. Hope that clears it up a bit.
Besides, sg has to save his dollars to buy mods. You have seen his signature, right? :unsure::LOL:

Users who are viewing this thread