5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I placed an order for a Sport on Saturday. The dealer called me Wednesday to tell me when he went to place the order the options for BSM and Advanced Safety Group were removed. He said he called head office to ask what was up and they told him they won't be offering it on any more 2021 models for Ram 1500 and a few other Jeep/Ram models. Not sure if it applies for you guys in the US or just us here in Canada.

So far from what I'm being told by Aaron, in the states it is currently only the Laramie's that are being effected by the shortage. Although who knows when that could change.

TravisJ

Reaction score
Can the private $1,000 offer be locked in at the time of order like other rebates?

Silent Bob

Reaction score
All:
Who do you sign up with to get these emails? Just the Ram website? I’ve signed up but haven’t seen anything.
I read a lot about the December 1,500 pop ups - did those appear just by visiting the website? LOL I visit site daily looking for the pop up like an Easter egg:)

Here are three spots I signed up on. Don't give out a phone number unless required.

Click "Mail Me a Brochure" https://www.ramtrucks.com/gab.html

Can the private $1,000 offer be locked in at the time of order like other rebates?
Not like the other rebates but FCA Incentives have extended expiry dates for others in the past.

TravisJ

Reaction score
Not like the other rebates but FCA Incentives have extended expiry dates for others in the past.
Thanks. I recall seeing that, but I wasn't sure if they had gotten the offer before ordering or not. If I recall someone had said they gave a strict one time extension. I don't recall the length of extension people were getting, but since I wouldn't get a built to serve truck delivered until June/July (or worse) something tells me I would be out of luck.

I suppose another $1k email could get dished out to me in all that time waiting...but not sure I want to bank on that.

dartbrooks

Reaction score
So let me get everyone's opinion on this order from Aaron at Mark Dodge...MSRP of $70,995 and price before rebates $61,454 plus the $219 doc fee and tax/title/licensing etc. Aaron said the current rebate for the longhorn was $1,750 but confirmed if the incentives/rebates are better at the time of purchase, we can go that way too. So with the at least $1,750 in rebates, that puts the price at $59,704 (about 16% off before fees/taxes).

What I'm not sure of is getting any additional money off from there. I've read a little about the penfed coupon, but am not sure what that entails? I would imagine setting up an account with them in some fashion? If I were to get the $1,000 coupon for that, is there anything else beyond that I should be trying for as well?

Also, does anyone have any experience trading in with Aaron? Seems like most people have had their truck shipped or have flown in and drove home, I'm hoping the trade in offer is in the ballpark cause otherwise everything seems pretty good with this dealership and I'm getting more tempted to order and make the drive down and back.

Edit: Also anyone who has financed through this dealership, do they try to add a couple of points or will they give you an honest rate? Not a deal breaker either way, can always refinance here (and likely will since my CU tends to offer good interest rates) but if they could come close to my CU I would be happy to keep my financing through them for longer.
I had approval for a 2.49% rate on a 72 month loan through my local credit union and Aaron's finance department found me a 2.39% rate on a 72 month loan through Chase. This was back in December and I have an 800+ credit rating and put down a decent chunk of cash, so not sure he could get everyone that rate. However, to beat the best credit union rate I could find is pretty good.

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Why is that?
Do the Big Horns not have that option?

I'm not sure why it's only the Laramie being left out currently, and I'm also not sure if the bighorn can be optioned with the things that are causing delays. I believe the blind spot monitoring and maybe some other things in the advanced safety group are the options that may have shortages. Maybe the options in the tech group as well?

I had approval for a 2.49% rate on a 72 month loan through my local credit union and Aaron's finance department found me a 2.39% rate on a 72 month loan through Chase. This was back in December and I have an 800+ credit rating and put down a decent chunk of cash, so not sure he could get everyone that rate. However, to beat the best credit union rate I could find is pretty good.

Awesome thanks for letting me know about that. I'm just about wrapping up my deal with Aaron and part of the rebate available requires financing through Chrysler, so I'll do that and if they can compete with my CU's rates that would be awesome, or I'll just simply refinance after the fact. Nice to hear though of a dealership not adding on a few points, that has happened at every other dealership I have ever bought from. Overall to this point, I see why many were recommending Aaron, especially with other dealers being especially difficult to deal with recently. It's been a lot nicer and more timely dealing with Aaron, getting excited to start waiting for my next truck/road trip.

nwpahunter

Reaction score
First post here, I’m looking at trading my Tundra on a 1500 Bighorn Crew and I’ve got a couple questions, how much should they come of price not including rebates, about how much lower is invoice price than sticker? I actually have a control number but haven’t brought it up yet, I qualify for 6000 in rebates but they’re playing car dealership games just giving me the rebates so far of sticker and a lousy trade, nothing else, irritating waste of my time.

Silent Bob

Reaction score
First post here, I’m looking at trading my Tundra on a 1500 Bighorn Crew and I’ve got a couple questions, how much should they come of price not including rebates, about how much lower is invoice price than sticker? I actually have a control number but haven’t brought it up yet, I qualify for 6000 in rebates but they’re playing car dealership games just giving me the rebates so far of sticker and a lousy trade, nothing else, irritating waste of my time.
You can find invoice pricing for your model and all factory options at one of these websites.
NADA Guides - LINK
Car Connection - LINK

You can find this information and more here.

mophead

Reaction score
You can find invoice pricing for your model and all factory options at one of these websites.
NADA Guides - LINK
Car Connection - LINK

You can find this information and more here.
Came across this last night. Pretty good link for invoice and codes for options. Need to input the base vehicle first then the options:

Black Book New Car Lite (blackbookportals.com)

1ramrunner

Reaction score
I have signed up 3 emails for the past 5 weeks & nothing
Not sure if it means anything or not, but I am on the site every day looking at inventory. I recieved the $1,000 coupon the other day. Maybe it helps if they notice you are actively shopping?

Users who are viewing this thread