5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Silent Bob

Reaction score
Historically speaking, does February often have these types of deals and rebates? I had planned on aiming for end of 2021 for my purchase, but with these deals, might just aim for my birthday in February of 2022.
The end of the year can be a great time to buy a truck. Particularly if you are buying one off the lot.

Jofu

Reaction score
We all know on March 1st including the dealers.
Worth also mentioning that the previous month's offers disappear right away on the 1st, but that it usually takes a few more days for RAM website to be fully updated with information :)

Geoff

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For the Fly and drive folks...Be sure you consider the full cost of the trip and the amount of time it takes. I mentioned before that the most direct flight would have gotten me to New Orleans at 9:30PM. I would then need a hotel room. The next day, I'd have food and gas for a 650 mile drive (the dealer reduced the drive 170 miles by going to NO). So 650/14mpg = 46.5 gallons. At say $2.25, that's another $100, but then there's an empty tank. Add in another $50 to fill up at home and the gas alone is about $150. Add that $150 to food, hotel and airfare and maybe 12 hours of driving, and it was well worth the delivery cost.

My truck made it to Orlando with 25 miles on the clock, no stone chips and had a full tank of gas. The best part is that I wasn't exhausted when it showed up at the house.

Palaverphobe

Reaction score
Oregon here... we've finally saved enough for our first truck but I'm not seeing any deals out here even close to what you all are getting. I think I suck at negotiating. We found a Laramie that had everything we wanted, made an offer (15% under MSRP), and the manager called me back and politely told me to take a hike.

Being the resident (underqualified) homeschool teacher for our 4th grader, there's no way I can fly to New Orleans (or the Northeast) to drive a truck back home.

Idaho has one volume dealer but they never seem to have a Laramie with all 5 of our "must-have" features,.. Advanced Safety Group, Tow Package, Laramie Level II, Sunroof and either Sport Appearance or Night Edition (neither of us like chrome)

Six weeks in and I'm super burned out. I know some people enjoy car shopping. I'd rather be boiled in oil.

Anyone know a good West Coast RAM dealer with an honest, straight-forward salesperson???

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Oregon here... we've finally saved enough for our first truck but I'm not seeing any deals out here even close to what you all are getting. I think I suck at negotiating. We found a Laramie that had everything we wanted, made an offer (15% under MSRP), and the manager called me back and politely told me to take a hike.

Being the resident (underqualified) homeschool teacher for our 4th grader, there's no way I can fly to New Orleans (or the Northeast) to drive a truck back home.

Idaho has one volume dealer but they never seem to have a Laramie with all 5 of our "must-have" features,.. Advanced Safety Group, Tow Package, Laramie Level II, Sunroof and either Sport Appearance or Night Edition (neither of us like chrome)

Six weeks in and I'm super burned out. I know some people enjoy car shopping. I'd rather be boiled in oil.

Anyone know a good West Coast RAM dealer with an honest, straight-forward salesperson???

I’ve been in your situation before. If you can, cast a wider net. Email every internet sales department within 150 miles..maybe 400 if you have to. If you’re not in a hurry, when you’re told by all of them to take a hike, thank them and say “if you reconsider, let me know” and then wait.

In addition, given shipping costs, you may get 15% off elsewhere and shipping the truck still saves money over buying local.

Silent Bob

Reaction score

You are in luck! There are two people offering members of this forum really great pricing, Phillip and Aaron. You happen to be in a neighboring state to one. Don't be afraid to order your truck exactly how you want it.

Phillip Olson, General Sales Manager at Bud Clary in Washington State
Tell him Silent Bob from 5thGenRams Forum sent you.
Cell 360-434-2929 (text is great)
[email protected]

Last edited:

NJT3

Reaction score
Put this in other thread but think you need to know new wait times....Hold onto your bridges boys get ready for 3 to 4 month delivery timeless!

If you been following my order paint issues including over sprayed bed liner on paint body... That saga has come to an end.. Body shop fixed most of the issues say it last night but wasn't washed fully since hadn't gotten there because of a thing called work... Anyhow they just had one last thing.. Replace one of the taillights cause would have been too difficult get the spray of... Wanted to see it in daylight to make final decision... So saw it today and would you know what the guy didn't replace the tail light.. how do I know cause I saw the bed liner flakes so on it... Same for tailgate...I tell the manager and sales guy.. The get secretive manager out... Trying to convince me it's nothing and they can still order new headlight.... Service is like point out all the specs... I'm like not eating more of my time either order me new vehicle or give deposit back... Got deposit back.... But no sorries nothing....

Anyway I went right after to Ram dealer around the corner from house to get a quote on new order... He earned me because of the microchip shortage andb other delays expect an order to be 3-4 months now.

Good luck all!

Chuck19

Reaction score
17.5% off is excellent on a Limited or Laramie right now less so on a Big Horn.
I am dealing with Aaron right now at Mark Dodge and he said that they are not giving the big rebates on the bighorns right now. That being said he has worked up a deal for me that will be around 20% off MSRP. I'm very happy with that offer and I am getting a Bighorn so I would highly recommend giving Aaron a call if you are in the southern part of the country. He told me that he has about 14 deals he is working on for members of this forum!

Chuck19

Reaction score
For you "fly and drive" folks, this tidbit might be helpful: I'm about 1200 miles away from Mark Dodge, and Aaron has suggested it would be between $600-$900 to ship something. Just incase you don't want to dump 1k miles on your new $50k toy the first day you own it.
I too am about 1000 miles away From Mark Dodge and I am going to ship as well based on Aarons shipping rates. Worth the price to me to not add those miles on my new truck plus allows me to not have to miss 2 days of work.

Silent Bob

Reaction score
I am dealing with Aaron right now at Mark Dodge and he said that they are not giving the big rebates on the bighorns right now. That being said he has worked up a deal for me that will be around 20% off MSRP. I'm very happy with that offer and I am getting a Bighorn so I would highly recommend giving Aaron a call if you are in the southern part of the country. He told me that he has about 14 deals he is working on for members of this forum!

The biggest incentives of the month are on the Big Horn. Maybe they are not the best of the year. Have Aaron lock them in. You can always use the current ones when your truck arrives if you want. Put your zip code in at ramtrucks.com to get current incentives for your area. There are some examples of the current Big Horn incentives below. 0% for 72 months would be worth locking in if you are going to finance.
www.ramtrucks.com/lineup.incentives.html?app=incentives

1614300685283.png

1614300798938.png

1614300633622.png

Last edited:

Borsig

Reaction score

So hike.

Do buiness with people who will value your money as much as you do. Dealers understand 2 things. Money, and force. You have both. Unless they have the exact truck you want, they have ZERO negotiating position.

Precisely what position does a dealer have when they are 6-8k more expensive on a truck that you can pay 1k to ship and save 5-7k? None.

Chuck19

Reaction score
The biggest incentives of the month are on the Big Horn. Maybe they are not the best of the year. Have Aaron lock them in. You can always use the current ones when your truck arrives if you want. Put your zip code in at ramtrucks.com to get current incentives for your area. There are some examples of the current Big Horn incentives below. 0% for 72 months would be worth locking in if you are going to finance.
www.ramtrucks.com/lineup.incentives.html?app=incentives

View attachment 83942

View attachment 83943

View attachment 83941
I think I misspoke. The incentives are good on Big Horns but the amount that the dealers are taking off MSRP before incentives are not as good as other higher trim models.

db252

Reaction score
Just finished up with all paperwork today. Bought through Aaron at Mark Dodge and couldn't be happier with the process.
MSRP $76890 including destination
MD Discount $65989 plus $219 fees
Went with 0% financing +500 bonus cash
Got to use my $1500 off pop up coupon (expires tomorrow, lol)
First Responder $500 off

So grand total of $63708 for a savings of 17.14%
If the savings from the 0% is calculated in, my comparison loan from my CU at 2.9 for 6 years also saves $3920 which brings the savings up to 22.24%

If I did that wrong, let me know as I'm tired at looking at numbers today.

IMG_0297.jpg IMG_0299.jpg

Chuck19

Reaction score
Just finished up with all paperwork today. Bought through Aaron at Mark Dodge and couldn't be happier with the process.
MSRP $76890 including destination
MD Discount $65989 plus $219 fees
Went with 0% financing +500 bonus cash
Got to use my $1500 off pop up coupon (expires tomorrow, lol)
First Responder $500 off

So grand total of $63708 for a savings of 17.14%
If the savings from the 0% is calculated in, my comparison loan from my CU at 2.9 for 6 years also saves $3920 which brings the savings up to 22.24%

If I did that wrong, let me know as I'm tired at looking at numbers today.

View attachment 83948 View attachment 83949
1614304119933.png
I just sent him an email to start the process on mine. this forum is keeping him busy lol

did you travel to them to take delivery and drive back or did you have them deliver?

db252

Reaction score
View attachment 83951
I just sent him an email to start the process on mine. this forum is keeping him busy lol

did you travel to them to take delivery and drive back or did you have them deliver?

Lol, thanks. I contemplated both decisions since I have family in Tennessee and Arkansas but went with shipping. As of now per Aaron and their history of shipping, looks like $800 might get it done but he’s got leeway to go to $1000.

Also I forgot something that will actually push my percentage a little higher because in that total I bought an 8yr 100k mileage extended warranty which they offered to do $100 over Ziegler’s price and with everything Mark Dodge did for me I had no issue. That price was $2145 so I guess subtract that from the total and that makes a savings of 25.03%…..is that right?? If I include for s&g‘s an extra $1k for shipping my savings drops to 23.73%. I think I can live with that.

Silent Bob

Reaction score
Also I forgot something that will actually push my percentage a little higher because in that total I bought an 8yr 100k mileage extended warranty which they offered to do $100 over Ziegler’s price
You would not include any add-on that you asked for only ones that were added without request.

Everyone should keep in mind that if you buy your extended warranty online from out of state you generally will not be charged sales tax. If you buy the warranty in your state you will generally be charged local sales tax.

Last edited:

Chuck19

Reaction score
You would not include any add-on that you asked for only ones that were added without request.
Everyone should keep in mind that if you buy your extended warranty online they will most likely not charge any tax. If you add it to your auto loan at the dealership you will pay whatever the tax rate is.
where can we go to get a factory warranty online? I assume since they are not taxed its cheaper than at the dealer?

69Safari

Reaction score
Anyone who's dealt with Mark Dodge - it says Home Delivery Included on most of their stuff, but I'm not finding what the "catch" is on that? Surely they're not going to ship a vehicle a couple thousand miles away for free.
They'll ship 250 miles for free. Comes from a separate dealer fund so they won't knock anything off the price if you pass on the offer. They can ship further but at a price. To ship from Lake Charles to my home just west of Austin would be $600. I have opted drive a rental car there to pick it up.

Users who are viewing this thread