5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Silent Bob

Reaction score
Sold Order Consumer Incentive Protection

I have just had a dealer confirmation that you can definitely lock in current incentives, including Chrysler Capital 0% financing, on factory orders. Some salesman may not know this but it is a Chrysler (FCA) program. It does require some paperwork be done by the dealership. When your truck arrives you can take whatever is better. Either the incentives from the month you ordered or the month you truck arrives. You can not mix and match however. Keep in mind that your dealer must fill out the proper paperwork to lock in. This is great news.

1614218903551.png

Here is an old 2017 post from a dealer on a Jeep forum. Once again though, I have current confirmation of incentive protection.

Price Protection
Price Protection is available on sold orders to protect the customer from price increases which occur between the vehicle order date and the KZ (invoice) date. A claim for Price Protection must meet the following criteria:
The sale must be documented by a signed and dated buyer’s order which details the agreed upon selling price at the time of order and secured by a customer’s deposit with receipts at time of order. Dealer must print and retain the Order Confirmation
Ordered new for immediate production, or selected from dealer stock orders not yet invoiced, and delivered to the original customer

Must be delivered within 14 days of the date the vehicle is received at the dealership (KZX date)
Must be delivered to the customer whose name is on the factory order and subsequent factory invoice at the documented agreed upon price at time of order
You must claim Price Protection by inserting the price protection program number on the Exception Claim Entry Screen when reporting the sale. Program numbers are in the Pricing Announcements and stored in DealerCONNECT eFiles under Sales.
Price Protection claims are made via "DealerCONNECT > Sales > Incentives Claims Processing > Incentive Claim Entry > Exception Claim Entry"
This program protection may be available when a vehicle is sold or ordered for a customer during an incentive program and that program has expired by the time the vehicle is physically delivered. This protection is available unless stated otherwise in the Official Program Rules. A claim for sold order consumer incentive protection must meet the following criteria:
The sale must be documented by a signed and dated buyer’s order, during the program period, which details the agreed upon selling price, and secured by a customer’s deposit with receipts, at time of order. Dealer must print and retain the Order Confirmation
Ordered new for immediate production, or selected from in-transit dealer stock, and delivered to the original customer
Must be delivered within 14 days of the date the vehicle is received at the dealership (known as X date)
Must be delivered to the customer for whom the order was placed and at the originally agreed upon price at the time of order
All consumer incentives must be documented as being passed on to the customer on the buyer’s order as described in the Required Incentive Disclosure/Documentation Section
If the vehicle is delivered after the end date of the eligible program, the customer will have the choice of either the consumer programs available at the time of customer order or consumer programs at the time of vehicle delivery, but not both
The qualification date is the date the dealership and customer agree on the purchase or lease of a vehicle. The purchase/lease terms, conditions, and price of the vehicle must be clearly documented via a completed signed buyer’s order and proof of deposit/payment on the date of sale. This date can override the delivery date for incentive payment. This date protects the customer and/or dealership for any eligible incentives available at the time of sale (excluding objective-based and stair step programs). Qualification Date is also known as Sale Date
Incentive Protection claims are made by entering the Program ID and Qualification Date (in addition to delivery date) on the Exception Claim screen found via "DealerCONNECT > Sales > Incentives Claims Processing > Incentive Claim Entry > Exception Claim Entry"

Attachments

• 1614218882497.png
    1614218882497.png
    439.3 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

mophead

Reaction score

I have just had a dealer confirmation that you can definitely lock in current incentives, including Chrysler Capital 0% financing, on factory orders. Some salesman may not know this but it is a Chrysler (FCA) program. It does require some paperwork be done by the dealership. When your truck arrives you can take whatever is better. Either the incentives from the month you ordered or the month you truck arrives. You can not mix and match however. This is great news.
REALLY GREAT NEWS!!! Will significantly shorten my order date. Chomping at the bit here. Need a couple things to fall in place. And of course we have a chip shortage, who didn't know? LOL

mophead

Reaction score
Any good dealerships should send you this. If they send you a redacted one I would be wary.
During shopping and test driving I asked two local dealers to price a build. One only showed MSRP. He gave me a copy (MSRP only, no employee or affiliate or invoice). The other quickly grabbed it off the printer and gave me an OTD price. When I asked for a copy he told me he couldn't. Oh the games people play.

Chuck19

Reaction score
So i sent my build specs to several dealers today and already heard back from Aaron at Mark Dodge.
Let me know your thoughts on the price he sent me. When i hear back from the others i will post those as well.

MSRP $56,910
Sale Price $50,264 (Before tax, rebates, fees, licensing etc)
Savings of $6,646 about 11.6% off MSRP

SInce i am in Florida if i go with them i will either have to drive their or have delivered. Either way i will have to factor that cost in compared to what my local dealers offer. View attachment 83824
Any thoughts on this offer?

Nova90

Reaction score

I have just had a dealer confirmation that you can definitely lock in current incentives, including Chrysler Capital 0% financing, on factory orders. Some salesman may not know this but it is a Chrysler (FCA) program. It does require some paperwork be done by the dealership. When your truck arrives you can take whatever is better. Either the incentives from the month you ordered or the month you truck arrives. You can not mix and match however. Keep in mind that your dealer must fill out the proper paperwork to lock in. This is great news.

Here is an old 2017 post from a dealer on a Jeep forum. Once again though, I have current confirmation of price protection.

Price Protection
Price Protection is available on sold orders to protect the customer from price increases which occur between the vehicle order date and the KZ (invoice) date. A claim for Price Protection must meet the following criteria:
The sale must be documented by a signed and dated buyer’s order which details the agreed upon selling price at the time of order and secured by a customer’s deposit with receipts at time of order. Dealer must print and retain the Order Confirmation
Ordered new for immediate production, or selected from dealer stock orders not yet invoiced, and delivered to the original customer

Must be delivered within 14 days of the date the vehicle is received at the dealership (KZX date)
Must be delivered to the customer whose name is on the factory order and subsequent factory invoice at the documented agreed upon price at time of order
You must claim Price Protection by inserting the price protection program number on the Exception Claim Entry Screen when reporting the sale. Program numbers are in the Pricing Announcements and stored in DealerCONNECT eFiles under Sales.
Price Protection claims are made via "DealerCONNECT > Sales > Incentives Claims Processing > Incentive Claim Entry > Exception Claim Entry"
This program protection may be available when a vehicle is sold or ordered for a customer during an incentive program and that program has expired by the time the vehicle is physically delivered. This protection is available unless stated otherwise in the Official Program Rules. A claim for sold order consumer incentive protection must meet the following criteria:
The sale must be documented by a signed and dated buyer’s order, during the program period, which details the agreed upon selling price, and secured by a customer’s deposit with receipts, at time of order. Dealer must print and retain the Order Confirmation
Ordered new for immediate production, or selected from in-transit dealer stock, and delivered to the original customer
Must be delivered within 14 days of the date the vehicle is received at the dealership (known as X date)
Must be delivered to the customer for whom the order was placed and at the originally agreed upon price at the time of order
All consumer incentives must be documented as being passed on to the customer on the buyer’s order as described in the Required Incentive Disclosure/Documentation Section
If the vehicle is delivered after the end date of the eligible program, the customer will have the choice of either the consumer programs available at the time of customer order or consumer programs at the time of vehicle delivery, but not both
The qualification date is the date the dealership and customer agree on the purchase or lease of a vehicle. The purchase/lease terms, conditions, and price of the vehicle must be clearly documented via a completed signed buyer’s order and proof of deposit/payment on the date of sale. This date can override the delivery date for incentive payment. This date protects the customer and/or dealership for any eligible incentives available at the time of sale (excluding objective-based and stair step programs). Qualification Date is also known as Sale Date
Incentive Protection claims are made by entering the Program ID and Qualification Date (in addition to delivery date) on the Exception Claim screen found via "DealerCONNECT > Sales > Incentives Claims Processing > Incentive Claim Entry > Exception Claim Entry"
Interesting, when I spoke with Aaron from Mark Dodge he was not aware of this protection. I will have to ask him about it again when I place my order which I plan to do shortly....deciding on options still!

Silent Bob

Reaction score
Any thoughts on this offer?
Aaron usually has great prices. 11.6% seems a little low for him but it might just be your build. You can always check out some of the other volume dealers listed in my post but only Phillip seems to meet or beat Aarons prices. There are good incentives on Big Horns right now you could lock in.

Last edited:

Chuck19

Reaction score
Interesting, when I spoke with Aaron from Mark Dodge he was not aware of this protection. I will have to ask him about it again when I place my order which I plan to do shortly....deciding on options still!
When he gave me my quote this afternoon he didn’t say anything about locking in the 0% financing. However he did say if I order this month we can either use the current rebates for this month or the rebates that are available upon delivery, whichever is higher.

Chuck19

Reaction score
Aaron usually has great prices. 11.6% seems a little low for him but it might just be your build. You can always check out some of the other volume dealers listed in my post but only Phillip usually meets or beats Aarons prices. The are good incentives on Big Horns right now you could lock in.
Yeah I’m looking at just under 20% under MSRP after rebates based on February rebates

WReckeR

Reaction score
I heard someone say that you won't get as good a deal on the Rebels. I got 19% off MSRP on my Rebel at Mark Dodge.
Of course. But that's Mark Dodge. There are 49 other states and thousands of other dealers. You give the best one as a typical example?

WReckeR

Reaction score

View attachment 83842

Here is an old 2017 post from a dealer on a Jeep forum. Once again though, I have current confirmation of incentive protection.

Price Protection

How many of us would've bought earlier, had this documentation been better known?

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
How many of us would've bought earlier, had this documentation been better known?

Thats been documented in this very thread multiple times and even with the FCA 800 number to call for verification. Not new news

Silent Bob

Reaction score
Thats been documented in this very thread multiple times and even with the FCA 800 number to call for verification. Not new news

Many people said someone told them this is true. Just as many said the opposite. The fact that we have the actual program name and rules now makes it an almost certainty.

NewGuy1

Reaction score
When all is said and done, I got the truck for 18.7% off of MSRP.
Okay, I pulled the plug. Mentioned you and Silent Bob. Image below is the truck I want. Limited 6’4” bed. I will let you know the results of the emails I sent. Anyone’s thought on good vs excellent price? Hope blooms eternal... The New Guy

Attachments

• CDF08BAC-79E8-471A-BF97-AC2E51F0F409.jpeg
    CDF08BAC-79E8-471A-BF97-AC2E51F0F409.jpeg
    89 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

Air1fam

Reaction score
Okay, I pulled the plug. Mentioned you and Silent Bob. Image below is the truck I want. Limited 6’4” bed. I will let you know the results of the emails I sent. Anyone’s thought on good vs excellent price? Hope blooms eternal... The New Guy
Here's my purchase. MSRP 71,800. Excluding tax I'm at 60,000. No zero financing. I've seen the proclaimed deals others have posted. I'm good with my deal as it took some time and effort to obtain.

Air1fam

Reaction score
MSRP just under 72k. No zero financing. Paid close to 59k. This was not without time and effort. Shopped them hard. Any trucks loaded out with the right packages/trims are selling fast. Southeast. Very happy with truck and deal overall.

Users who are viewing this thread