5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

69Safari

Reaction score
I am dealing with Aaron right now at Mark Dodge and he said that they are not giving the big rebates on the bighorns right now. That being said he has worked up a deal for me that will be around 20% off MSRP. I'm very happy with that offer and I am getting a Bighorn so I would highly recommend giving Aaron a call if you are in the southern part of the country. He told me that he has about 14 deals he is working on for members of this forum!
I'm one of them. Aaron is a great guy. Super pleased so far. Getting what I consider to be a great deal. I'll give everyone the final numbers once I pick it up, hopefully by the end of March.

Troutbeck27

Reaction score
Oregon here... we've finally saved enough for our first truck but I'm not seeing any deals out here even close to what you all are getting. I think I suck at negotiating. We found a Laramie that had everything we wanted, made an offer (15% under MSRP), and the manager called me back and politely told me to take a hike.

Being the resident (underqualified) homeschool teacher for our 4th grader, there's no way I can fly to New Orleans (or the Northeast) to drive a truck back home.

Idaho has one volume dealer but they never seem to have a Laramie with all 5 of our "must-have" features,.. Advanced Safety Group, Tow Package, Laramie Level II, Sunroof and either Sport Appearance or Night Edition (neither of us like chrome)

Six weeks in and I'm super burned out. I know some people enjoy car shopping. I'd rather be boiled in oil.

Anyone know a good West Coast RAM dealer with an honest, straight-forward salesperson???
Where in Oregon?

Highertechnology

Reaction score
I'm one of them. Aaron is a great guy. Super pleased so far. Getting what I consider to be a great deal. I'll give everyone the final numbers once I pick it up, hopefully by the end of March.

Out of curiosity, when did you order. We emailed back in forth today and if I order I’m curious of current time frames. My current lease is up end of March.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coecoe13

Reaction score
2020 Ram Big Horn Crew Cab 4x4
Billet Silver
Cloth Bucket Seats
Big Horn Level 1
Anti Spin Differential
5.7 Hemi with E Torque
Sticker $48,870
Dealer Discount $5522
Rebates $8000
Total $35,348
Doc Fee $179
Title Fee $35
Total paid $35,562

27.2% off sticker.

BR0BEE

Reaction score
Hello everyone. New member here looking to buy my first new vehicle. I’m pretty set on a new Ram and have built it online about a dozen times.

My question is how does the build price on Rams website correspond to msrp? It seems like my builds come out way less than what I’m finding at dealerships with comparable options. Is it just a ploy to entice you into the showrooms or can I use the sites price to order one in person?

Thanks for everyone sharing all your knowledge, it’s making my head spin but I’m picking up a lot.

Silent Bob

Reaction score
where can we go to get a factory warranty online? I assume since they are not taxed its cheaper than at the dealer?

You can find all of them here.

db252

Reaction score
You would not include any add-on that you asked for only ones that were added without request.
Everyone should keep in mind that if you buy your extended warranty online they will most likely not charge any tax. If you add it to your auto loan at the dealership you will pay whatever the tax rate is.
Bob your information is invaluable and super appreciated. I have definitely tried to use your guidance.
I checked my paper work and the warranty was not taxed. It was added after the fact but you had my wheels spinning. Also all rebates were removed from the total before tax was calculated as that was another thing I was curious about and happy to see.
Thanks again.

Silent Bob

Reaction score
My question is how does the build price on Rams website correspond to msrp? It seems like my builds come out way less than what I’m finding at dealerships with comparable options. Is it just a ploy to entice you into the showrooms or can I use the sites price to order one in person?
You can find MSRP and invoice pricing for your model and all factory options at one of these websites.
NADA Guides - LINK
Car Connection - LINK

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Billet Silver
Cloth Bucket Seats
Big Horn Level 1
Anti Spin Differential
5.7 Hemi with E Torque
Sticker $48,870
Dealer Discount $5522
Rebates $8000
Total $35,348
Doc Fee $179
Title Fee $35
Total paid $35,562

27.2% off sticker.
Pretty good deal. Looks like 11.2% dealer discount, which is decent in this market on a BH even being a 2020. Can you break down the $8000 rebates?

Troutbeck27

Reaction score
So anyone know the difference between a Laramie Package 1 and Laramie Package A? I am being told Package 1 is no longer an option when Factory ordering.

Palaverphobe

Reaction score
I’ve been in your situation before. If you can, cast a wider net. Email every internet sales department within 150 miles..maybe 400 if you have to. If you’re not in a hurry, when you’re told by all of them to take a hike, thank them and say “if you reconsider, let me know” and then wait.

In addition, given shipping costs, you may get 15% off elsewhere and shipping the truck still saves money over buying local.
If I did this, what % under MSRP, would you recommend I ask for?

simpson

Reaction score
1st post here. Have spent some time going through this, but over 600 pages! Wow, that is fantastic, but time consuming. So I think I need to tell my local dealer to take a hike, but he is asking what price I am after. Looks like I need to go through the steps listed here on contacting a bunch of dealers, etc.
Anyway: 21 Big Horn with MRSP of 53,105
Their price: 50,010, which is only 5.83% off, plus rebates of 5,250 for total savings of 8345 (total of 15.7%) to get 44,760. So what price should I be shooting for before rebates? 15% would be 7966 off MSRP, then rebates should stay the same (right?) for a total of $39889, which is 24.9% off MSRP. Is that attainable?

TravisJ

Reaction score
Is it weird for a dealer to not want to talk numbers on an in-transit truck? He mentioned the incentives changing before it arrives in the next 2 weeks, sure, but can't he craft a deal and leave that portion blank for now? I just don't get dealers these days, I have had so much trouble getting one to sell me a dang truck. I would be tempted to go order a truck through Aaron and be done with it if blind spot monitoring was an available option, but it appears you can't get it now.

slatersan

Reaction score
Billet Silver
Cloth Bucket Seats
Big Horn Level 1
Anti Spin Differential
5.7 Hemi with E Torque
Sticker $48,870
Dealer Discount $5522
Rebates $8000
Total $35,348
Doc Fee $179
Title Fee $35
Total paid $35,562

27.2% off sticker.
Great job. Enjoy your truck and deal.

slatersan

Reaction score
Is it weird for a dealer to not want to talk numbers on an in-transit truck? He mentioned the incentives changing before it arrives in the next 2 weeks, sure, but can't he craft a deal and leave that portion blank for now? I just don't get dealers these days, I have had so much trouble getting one to sell me a dang truck. I would be tempted to go order a truck through Aaron and be done with it if blind spot monitoring was an available option, but it appears you can't get it now.
A little, but I understand his position. He has no idea what the incentives will be changing to mid week. If he hits you with a price that includes current incentives now, you mentally anchor to that price and would be disappointed if the incentives change for the worse when the truck arrives, which would be outside of the dealer's control.

TheAngryOgre

Reaction score
Another new member (long time lurker) currently working with Aaron at Mark Dodge via email. Hope it to place an order with him after the March rebates come out.

Attached is my current sheet (still tweaking it)
f7e238ae8d08fa019b7c4825750b967d.jpg

WReckeR

Reaction score
Just finished up with all paperwork today. Bought through Aaron at Mark Dodge and couldn't be happier with the process.
MSRP $76890 including destination
MD Discount $65989 plus $219 fees
Went with 0% financing +500 bonus cash
Got to use my $1500 off pop up coupon (expires tomorrow, lol)
First Responder $500 off

So grand total of $63708 for a savings of 17.14%
If the savings from the 0% is calculated in, my comparison loan from my CU at 2.9 for 6 years also saves $3920 which brings the savings up to 22.24%

If I did that wrong, let me know as I'm tired at looking at numbers today.

View attachment 83948 View attachment 83949
Unless you are first taking off a down payment before you figure what you'd save in interest, you are saving quite a bit more than $3920!
Your 17.14% is accurate.

Tax is figured on sale price BEFORE rebates.

California is 7.25% sales tax according to Google. That's $4800 on the sale price of $66,208. So if you were financing 100%, then your finance amount would be $68,508.

Total interest on that amount on a 6 year loan at 2.9% would be $6,228!

To end up with the same savings with a 2.9/72mo loan, they'd need to give you another $5300 in dealer discount. So your total discount would be 24%.

But whatever...22 or 24% is excellent. I fully support the inclusion of 0% as part of the price negotiated from MSRP, although some may disagree because loan rates vary or any other reason.

EDIT: I see that you say they included rebates for the sales tax calculation? This surprises me, but I'm no no position to dispute that. 7.25% on $2500 is $181.25.

Last edited:

WReckeR

Reaction score
Blind spot monitoring isn’t currently available on laramies. So the Laramie level A is the same as level 1 just without blind spot. Advanced tech and tech group aren’t currently available as well. International chip shortage.

My truck was completed in November 2020, with the blind spot, adv tech, and tech groups. So I guess the chip shortage began to affect later builds.

Troutbeck27

Reaction score
Blind spot monitoring isn’t currently available on laramies. So the Laramie level A is the same as level 1 just without blind spot. Advanced tech and tech group aren’t currently available as well. International chip shortage.

Thanks. Does anyone know if everything will be in place wire-wise, etc so that it could be a plug and play situation if/when the chips become available.

Users who are viewing this thread