5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

NJT3

Reaction score
If the deposit is on a credit card, you are totally protected. If the dealer gives you $hit, just dispute the charge. It doesn't matter if it's several months old. If I were you, I would NOT accept the truck unless you are OK with an additional $5-10K off. I not, I'd walk in a heartbeat.
Also my order was from JOHNSON dodge so this factory issue I'm having you might stay away.... Not everything there fault on factory stuff but as star asked then to do things weren't done like being there when truck comes off truck. Same deal first new vehicle

NJT3

Reaction score
If the deposit is on a credit card, you are totally protected. If the dealer gives you $hit, just dispute the charge. It doesn't matter if it's several months old. If I were you, I would NOT accept the truck unless you are OK with an additional $5-10K off. I not, I'd walk in a heartbeat.
If the dealer gives you $hit, just dispute the charge.

Exactly why I used the CC :)

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It wasn't. I was almost caught by this last year when looking for a Limited and found "prices" that I liked but then you find its a base Limited. I'm not spending this much to be in a base Limited.
I got 18% in July but that took hounding the dealer and them using coupons to make the sell happen. Every once in a while you'll see people get a good Limited deal of 20%+ off but its not widespread.
You did fine, enjoy your new truck
Hey man I really appreciate it, means a lot.

Runagun

Reaction score
Also, those Mark Dodge Limiteds and Longhorns aren't Level 1 trims so the prices look good until you start looking at the window sticker.
Huh? There's a good couple with the level 1 package... And the ones that sold had level 1 included mine. Right now I haven't found anyone that'd beat mark's price on a limited.

ceefiore

Reaction score
Cee sign up with Tread lightly, 100 bucks cost... With that you can get fca control number which intitiles you to at least 1% off invoice I was given between Employee pricing and Friends and Family pricing...

Search this thread there was someone that posted several times everything you can do to get discounts..

I'm in NJ to so my advice is the opposite of other states... So avoid the big named sites and auto malls go with a local dealer near your house... The big guys won't even deal with you undies you step for in the door... They are volume dealers but here in NJ they rather just deal with the easier sheep then us bargain Hunters
on it as far as signing up to treadlightly. and i combed through that thread lol. i want the truck, i dont need it. so im gonna shop around check out that place johnson dodge? considering its only an hour drive. but tbh i wouldnt mind getting out of state if it helps the sale significantly enough on my bighorn. i will follow up with dealerships i check out and my experience with them.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Let me get out my crystal ball.....

In all seriousness, no one knows until you try ;) If I could tell you, I would know tomorrows lottery number!
I saw a HGTV show yesterday (while getting the oil changed $34) and the guy had won $7.7 mil from the NY lotto only due to a $5 bill in his wallet that fell our while he was buying a ticket. So he bought 4 tickets and the last one won..
Anal me, I’d have put the fiver back... 🙄

Last edited by a moderator:

Jako

Reaction score
Cee sign up with Tread lightly, 100 bucks cost... With that you can get fca control number which intitiles you to at least 1% off invoice I was given between Employee pricing and Friends and Family pricing...

Search this thread there was someone that posted several times everything you can do to get discounts..

I'm in NJ to so my advice is the opposite of other states... So avoid the big named sites and auto malls go with a local dealer near your house... The big guys won't even deal with you undies you step for in the door... They are volume dealers but here in NJ they rather just deal with the easier sheep then us bargain Hunters
I found your post interesting and believe I shopped 9 dealers in NJ. Surprised at the lack of sale's effort/negotiation from the sales people. No effort to match my best price much less to beat it.

Sansone which appears to be a large dealership no interest at all and one sales person that I liked at Buhler wasn't interested in matching or maybe couldn't which I find hard to believe 1613910857405.png :unsure:. The sales manager at Autoland appeared to be POd at me for negotiating a best deal:cry:. At Nielsen I was met by a sales man in the car lot and I felt he thought I was a mushroom (keep me in the dark and feed me manure:poop:). Hudson dropped the ball with emails and returned phone calls:rolleyes:. Another dealership had my emails go to the wrong location which wasn't checked :eek:. At another the :poop:was so deep I thought I would need a shovel to deal with the sales man. Staten Island dealer was a total waste of time and told me I was looking for the wrong vehicle at that price when he asked the famous "what do you want to pay"(n). I was within $1000 of the price while he was $3000 away (nice profit IF you could get it)

Finally the sales manager with 20+ years of experience at Salerno(y) knew what he was dealing with, showed me invoice and msrp numbers and closed the deal with his bottom line no bs number. Nice to deal with a seasoned vet. I believe that was on my 3rd visit when I had the build I wanted and a good idea of prices.
Note: I believe both sales man and sales manager took a hit with covid and last time I had service were no longer at the dealership :cry:

I was in no rush and fortunate with my location in relation to the dealerships:). It was a nice time of year to take a ride with the bride:love: or the motorcycle, do some dealership shopping and have lunch with the bride:coffee:.

It should be noted I also dealt with Allen Melo(y) initially via internet and the dealings were pretty good but opted for a later build versus the one on the lot and a few states away.
I wish all potential buyers the best of luck and extend my appreciation to the original posters on this forum that educated me.

Last edited:

DAT84

Reaction score
SO, talked to a dealer yesterday, they have exactly what I want. 2021 Ram 1500 Big Horn Hemi with the Night Appearance package in the quad cab and 6'-4" bed. Also has the Premium Lighting Group and Panoramic Sunroof. MSRP is $51,385, they are offering $43,527 (this equals 16% off) + $295 admin fee + $2402 tax + $237.43 in non tax fees = OTD for $46,461 and 0% for 72 months. Should I bite? Assuming there could be some additional wiggle room?

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
SO, talked to a dealer yesterday, they have exactly what I want. 2021 Ram 1500 Big Horn Hemi with the Night Appearance package in the quad cab and 6'-4" bed. Also has the Premium Lighting Group and Panoramic Sunroof. MSRP is $51,385, they are offering $43,527 (this equals 16% off) + $295 admin fee + $2402 tax + $237.43 in non tax fees = OTD for $46,461 and 0% for 72 months. Should I bite? Assuming there could be some additional wiggle room?
Yes...buy it NOW!

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Buy yesterday!

slatersan

Reaction score
If it is 'exactly' what you want, thats a fair deal. Could you wait and try to get more...sure. Would you get more? Who knows. Might someone else scoop it up at that price? Sure.

I subscribe to the idea that if it is exactly how youd order it but its slightly more expensive...just go for it.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
If it is 'exactly' what you want, thats a fair deal. Could you wait and try to get more...sure. Would you get more? Who knows. Might someone else scoop it up at that price? Sure.

I subscribe to the idea that if it is exactly how youd order it but its slightly more expensive...just go for it.
[email protected] off your @$$ right now...stop reading this thread...get down to the stealership and be the first in line as they open the door. Yell as loud as you can "that one's mine" and go from there ;)

BowDown

Reaction score
Huh? There's a good couple with the level 1 package... And the ones that sold had level 1 included mine. Right now I haven't found anyone that'd beat mark's price on a limited.

I looked at them before I bought and they had one or two and prices were no better than other places I found.
When I looked this earlier this week, none of the Limiteds listed were Level 1's, all base Limiteds other than 4x4. They're prices are good but others that I also shopped at the same time are just as good like Meador and Nyle Maxwell.

When I was shopping, Heffner in Houston actually beat their price with no addons and one of my backups actually beat Heffners price. I had no distance limitations and shopped every dealer coast to coast but one of the problems I had was that I was looking for a specific truck, 4x2 Indigo Frost and Diamond Black Crystal Pearl, Level 1 and Pano. That combination didn't and still doesn't exist on most dealers lots and the factory was shut down so no orders.

Looking now and none of Mark Doges Limiteds have that combination and I saw 3 Level 1's but not optioned like mine or what I'd buy today. Their prices look good but you need to look at the window sticker to accurately compare for instance, many of those trucks are none pano roofs and none 22" wheels and none level 1. Add in Pano and Level one and those trucks are the same price I paid 6 months ago. I spent 6 months shopping and still have excel spread sheets of vins, dealer/locations and primary and backups trucks as far away as GA,
If you don't mind black interior, there's trucks out there and deals to be made, if you want Indigo Frost, not so much. Longhorns with the Black and Saddle are almost as difficult, Had the perfect Longhorn at Kendal in Miami and was about to buy it and drive it back but then the games started. FL seems like they were the worst dealers to deal with, OK, South Texas and GA seemed to be the best

ceefiore

Reaction score
I found your post interesting and believe I shopped 9 dealers in NJ. Surprised at the lack of sale's effort/negotiation from the sales people. No effort to match my best price much less to beat it.

Sansone which appears to be a large dealership no interest at all and one sales person that I liked at Buhler wasn't interested in matching or maybe couldn't which I find hard to believe View attachment 83479 :unsure:. The sales manager at Autoland appeared to be POd at me for negotiating a best deal:cry:. At Nielsen I was met by a sales man in the car lot and I felt he thought I was a mushroom (keep me in the dark and feed me manure:poop:). Hudson dropped the ball with emails and returned phone calls:rolleyes:. Another dealership had my emails go to the wrong location which wasn't checked :eek:. At another the :poop:was so deep I thought I would need a shovel to deal with the sales man. Staten Island dealer was a total waste of time and told me I was looking for the wrong vehicle at that price when he asked the famous "what do you want to pay"(n). I was within $1000 of the price while he was $3000 away (nice profit IF you could get it)

Finally the sales manager with 20+ years of experience at Salerno(y) knew what he was dealing with, showed me invoice and msrp numbers and closed the deal with his bottom line no bs number. Nice to deal with a seasoned vet. I believe that was on my 3rd visit when I had the build I wanted and a good idea of prices.
Note: I believe both sales man and sales manager took a hit with covid and last time I had service were no longer at the dealership :cry:

I was in no rush and fortunate with my location in relation to the dealerships:). It was a nice time of year to take a ride with the bride:love: or the motorcycle, do some dealership shopping and have lunch with the bride:coffee:.

It should be noted I also dealt with Allen Melo(y) initially via internet and the dealings were pretty good but opted for a later build versus the one on the lot and a few states away.
I wish all potential buyers the best of luck and extend my appreciation to the original posters on this forum that educated me.
ive been to sansone, a joke. didnt even get a hello at the door then after trying to talk to everyone a sales person actually decided to respond to me and just seemed annoyed. then left me in the cold by their inventory never to come back😂😂😂. and ive been to autoland and was a little better but not what i want so i walked. im not opposed to ordering out of state and making the pick up a vaca, im sure wife n kids would love it.

Jako

Reaction score
ive been to sansone, a joke. didnt even get a hello at the door then after trying to talk to everyone a sales person actually decided to respond to me and just seemed annoyed. then left me in the cold by their inventory never to come back😂😂😂. and ive been to autoland and was a little better but not what i want so i walked. im not opposed to ordering out of state and making the pick up a vaca, im sure wife n kids would love it.
It makes me wonder what they are thinking!

DAT84

Reaction score
[email protected] off your @$$ right now...stop reading this thread...get down to the stealership and be the first in line as they open the door. Yell as loud as you can "that one's mine" and go from there ;)
Haha. Luckily in PA, dealerships are closed on Sundays, so it's not going anywhere . . . yet. I'm trying to sell my car through Carvana right now for a down payment (dealership trade in was ridiculously low, and they wouldn't budge at all. Carvana is giving me $4,000 more (assuming they actually give you what they quote). If they'll hold the truck for a few days with a deposit, I fully intend to put one down tomorrow.

DAT84

Reaction score

The only thing it's missing is a bedliner. Going to try and negotiate one into the price.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Haha. Luckily in PA, dealerships are closed on Sundays, so it's not going anywhere . . . yet. I'm trying to sell my car through Carvana right now for a down payment (dealership trade in was ridiculously low, and they wouldn't budge at all. Carvana is giving me $4,000 more (assuming they actually give you what they quote). If they'll hold the truck for a few days with a deposit, I fully intend to put one down tomorrow.
I have sold a car to Carvana. You will get exactly what they told you.

Users who are viewing this thread