5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

WReckeR

Reaction score
Anywhere near 15% off MSRP is a good deal right now as the Rebates aren’t the best right now

Theres a $59k Laramie I have my eye on at a local dealer, but dealer isn’t going lower than $51k right now...
That's pretty good, especially IF you have rebates in addition to that. Remember that if you qualify for 0% (72 months, available now), and you want to finance rather than pay in cash, you're saving thousands more.

rbundy84

Reaction score
That's pretty good, especially IF you have rebates in addition to that. Remember that if you qualify for 0% (72 months, available now), and you want to finance rather than pay in cash, you're saving thousands more.
That’s after rebates and before TTL...,they can do better than 13.2%....

Tisosz

Reaction score
Got my first RAM today in St. Louis. 2021 Max Steel Limited pretty loaded. Msrp of $67k. After 2 weeks of negotiation I got it for $57k out the door price. I thought I made a great deal, would you guys agree?

WReckeR

Reaction score
Got my first RAM today in St. Louis. 2021 Max Steel Limited pretty loaded. Msrp of $67k. After 2 weeks of negotiation I got it for $57k out the door price. I thought I made a great deal, would you guys agree?
can you break it down without TTL?

DAT84

Reaction score
Anywhere near 15% off MSRP is a good deal right now as the Rebates aren’t the best right now

Theres a $59k Laramie I have my eye on at a local dealer, but dealer isn’t going lower than $51k right now...
So is it realistic to think they'd come down to around $42,000 ($48,700 msrp) plus tax title etc AND get the 72 month 0% financing?

robia06

Reaction score
Where in St. Louis? I am in Jeff and looking for a good deal.

PhillyPhan

Reaction score

I'm getting over 15% off right now on a Rebel that I'm passing on because I'm waiting for at least 18%. That's from three different dealers and only with a $2k rebate if that tells you anything.
Rebates for the Big Horn are at $4500, so I would think you could get better than 15% and probably closer to 18%. I just noticed you want to take advantage of their financing offer so there's only a $3000 rebate if you go that route. In that case 15% off MSRP is probably not too far off. I'd still haggle for more personally.

Last edited:

rbundy84

Reaction score
I
So is it realistic to think they'd come down to around $42,000 ($48,700 msrp) plus tax title etc AND get the 72 month 0% financing?
I think it’s reasonable (hope your dealer does too)

rbundy84

Reaction score
I'm getting over 15% off right now on a Rebel that I'm passing on because I'm waiting for at least 18%. That's from three different dealers and only with a $2k rebate if that tells you anything.
Rebates for the Big Horn are at $4500, so I would think you could get better than 15% and probably closer to 18%. I just noticed you want to take advantage of their financing offer so there's only a $3000 rebate if you go that route. In that case 15% off MSRP is probably not too far off. I'd still haggle for more personally.
I’m hoping for $48k...just have to have patience

DAT84

Reaction score
That would be a great deal based on my experience - all the dealers I've spoken to say either rebates or 0% -not both
Yeah, that's originally what I was asking: How much realistically off of MSRP ($48,700) should I expect to get if I go with the 72 MO financing? This is the first new vehicle I've been looking to buy in almost 6 years, so I'm a little rusty at negotiating or haggling. Trying to learn before I do any serious talking.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, that's originally what I was asking: How much realistically off of MSRP ($48,700) should I expect to get if I go with the 72 MO financing? This is the first new vehicle I've been looking to buy in almost 6 years, so I'm a little rusty at negotiating or haggling. Trying to learn before I do any serious talking.
There are lots of opinions as evidenced by this thread but I've consistently found I was able to get good deals in both out cars by planning ahead so I'm not in a rush (ready to walk) and doing my research before talking to a dealer. If you can't get a good deal and are willing to leave they may call again in a week when that car is still on the lot or incentives are better. On my last lease for out subaru I got offers and trades on similar vehicles from other dealers over email and used them to work my preferred dealer to the best of both offers - even then I didn't take the bait when they got within $500 and after another 2 days they came down. If you have a trade take the time to get it looking good but don't spend big money to fix things - i.e. I paid to have a few door dings repaired before trading in a subaru and the dealer told me they would have valued it the same with the small dents. Make sure you know the value and get multiple trade offers - I have saved an extra $500 - $1,000 by finding a dealer who gives a great price and another more aggressive on the trade and then getting one to match the other. By making sure I know what is realistic like you're doing I can make sure I am educated for the negotiation but also respectful of the salesperson. For a lot of people spending 2 weeks and all the back and forth isn't worth a saving 500-2,000 but I kinda like the game.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Make sure to look out of state, theres been really good reports on this thread recently about the RAM dealer in Louisiana. Salesmans name/dealer escapes me now but if you go back a few pages you’ll see it.

rbundy84

Reaction score
Make sure to look out of state, theres been really good reports on this thread recently about the RAM dealer in Louisiana. Salesmans name/dealer escapes me now but if you go back a few pages you’ll see it.
Aaron at Mark Dodge - if I go the “build” route, I will be reaching out to him

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm going to mention Mark Dodge in Louisiana again. Looking at their website, they have 5th gen Big Horns listed at $8500-over $10k off MSRP. They have Laramies at $10k- over $12k off MSRP. They have Limiteds listed as much as $16k off MSRP.

Mark Dodge does not advertise pricing based on rebates that you might not be eligible for. Their price is available to anybody that reaches out to them. You may be eligible for additional rebates to make the price even better.

And they will ship the vehicle to you, or pick you up at any of the airports in their area (Houston, St Charles New Orleans). My cost for shipping was less than buying in Florida and paying dealer fees. Plus the discounted price was better than I could get locally, so....

Lastly, it took less than 1 total hour for me to ask all my questions, receive all contract paperwork and sign. There was absolutely no pressure to add Gap insurance, extended warranties, etc. They asked if I was interested in any of it, I said "No", and that was that!

Call them and ask for Michal Stanak or Aaron. Very good to work with.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Darn near too good to be true. I’d have liked dealing there some 20 months ago...

As long as we can help out other new owners to be it’s all good! 👍

UNL67Volvo

Reaction score
1500 limited custom order
Msrp: $66170 FWP/invoice $60669
Price before rebates/incentives: $58500 which is almost 12% off msrp and about 3.55% below invoice before rebates/incentives.

I contacted multiple dealers and brought up affiliate pricing, 1% under invoice and what their most competitive price would be etc. using email in this thread as a template.
Ended up going with a smaller dealership that was by far the most responsive and easy to work with. They matched best price I was able to get from others after some minimal back and forth. All done via email. I’m in Oregon
I'm near Tacoma, WA. What dealerships would you recommend I try to get quotes from between you and I?
Can you please elaborate on "affiliate pricing, 1% under invoice and what their most competitive price would be etc. using email in this thread as a template"?
Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread