5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

PhillyPhan

Reaction score
I just sold my 2014 Laramie with 87k miles last week for $45k privately. Dealer offered me $36k with the sales tax savings it would have totaled around $39k. I said hell no. No way he’s getting a taxable savings of $15k.
I know this is probably not available, but does anyone have a running list of what the incentives have been the last 12 months? Just curious to see if there's a pattern to predict when incentives might be their highest.

Vinnie.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I know this is probably not available, but does anyone have a running list of what the incentives have been the last 12 months? Just curious to see if there's a pattern to predict when incentives might be their highest.
would be nice, i'm curious to see what last march was since my truck will most likely be delivered first week of march... I'm sad I'm missing out on February incentives :(

PhillyPhan

Reaction score
would be nice, i'm curious to see what last march was since my truck will most likely be delivered first week of march... I'm sad I'm missing out on February incentives :(
My local dealer actually told me they honor the current incentives or the incentives available on delivery, which ever one is better. I was shocked by that after everyone on here says that they only are offered incentives on delivery.

I did run across another post where incentives for limiteds were $1k off in May, then dropped to $500 for June and July and then back up to $1500 in August. It seems like FCA just changes the numbers depending on what's selling and what's not.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My local dealer actually told me they honor the current incentives or the incentives available on delivery, which ever one is better. I was shocked by that after everyone on here says that they only are offered incentives on delivery.

I did run across another post where incentives for limiteds were $1k off in May, then dropped to $500 for June and July and then back up to $1500 in August. It seems like FCA just changes the numbers depending on what's selling and what's not.

My dealer told me the same thing and have it in written emails of him saying that so they can't turn it around on me. As much as I'd like to trust their word they are snake oil salesman trying to earn $$ for them or the dealership.

Ramtruck86

Reaction score
I just sold my 2014 Laramie with 87k miles last week for $45k privately. Dealer offered me $36k with the sales tax savings it would have totaled around $39k. I said hell no. I would think he could’ve got $55k through a private sale.
I agree! To make sense here in Ga the taxable difference makes it worth $51.5 K ($4K tax on his new $62k truck vs $970 on taxable difference) Sure he could've slapped for sale and market it out there... Maybe he can pull it out of the deal since truck isn't here yet. He has 8-10 weeks to move it...

PhillyPhan

Reaction score
I think everyone has seen your truck on this site already hahaha. i also got employee pricing but we are talking about incentives/rebates...
I'm assuming this pricing was back in December? This isn't a current deal. These deals that happened in the past don't really help those of us looking for deals now lol.

Vinnie.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm assuming this pricing was back in December? This isn't a current deal. These deals that happened in the past don't really help those of us looking for deals now lol.
they didn't lock in the "employee pricing", they just lowered their sale price to match employee pricing... basically negotiated to the employee pricing PLUS any incentives or rebates at delivery.

slatersan

Reaction score
I just sold my 2014 Laramie with 87k miles last week for $45k privately. Dealer offered me $36k with the sales tax savings it would have totaled around $39k. I said hell no. I would think he could’ve got $55k through a private sale.
If you know where people are giving 55k for used laramies with 35k miles, let me know. I've got a 2020 Laramie, well equipped, with 5k I'd let go for 65k...

PhillyPhan

Reaction score
If you know where people are giving 55k for used laramies with 35k miles, let me know. I've got a 2020 Laramie, well equipped, with 5k I'd let go for 65k...
Well I think they're out there. Like I said I just got $45k for my 2014 with 87k miles on it. Just post on offerup and Craigslist and see what offers you get.

slatersan

Reaction score
Glad you got that deal. Without knowing condition and equpiment, sounds like your buyer overpaid. I know used truck values are all over the map, but 45k for a 2014 with 85k miles is...a lot. I'm not looking to sell, but certainly would if someone is silly enough to overpay that much.

PhillyPhan

Reaction score
Glad you got that deal. Without knowing condition and equpiment, sounds like your buyer overpaid. I'm not looking to sell, but certainly would if someone is silly enough to overpay that much.
Well KBB was $44k, so not sure if he overpaid. Truck was in excellent condition. It's my avatar pic. On top of that when people are looking at paying over $70k for a brand new Laramie Megacab CTD, $45k is nothing.

Silent Bob

Reaction score
Employee pricing is 5% below invoice plus $200. This is a good discount. You can get 6 or 7% off at the dealerships listed on this site. All percentage numbers are before any available rebate/incentive discounts.

NO negotiation required:
Employee Discount $13,274
Autoability Program = free running boards
they didn't lock in the "employee pricing", they just lowered their sale price to match employee pricing... basically negotiated to the employee pricing PLUS any incentives or rebates at delivery.

demerson33

Reaction score
Hi all,

Long-time lurker here who has picked up a ton of valuable info from you guys and am looking for a little help with an ongoing build negotiation.

I'm in the process of selling my 2019 1500 Limited to a friend as he loves my truck and I want a diesel 2500. I haven't been able to find exactly what I want so reached out to Mark CDJR in Louisiana based on recommendations here. Aaron sent back my build sheet (attached) and quoted me at $77,574 before rebates, which he doubts I'll get any. Just hoping to get the thoughts of more seasoned Ram buyers on the site on the price I'm currently at with them. I'm at 12% off of MSRP now and it sounds like a good deal is 11-14% off unless I'm mistaken. I'm wondering if trying to get closer to $75K makes sense. Would love some input. Thanks ahead of time.

Attachments

• 2500 Limited Price Sheet.pdf
    36.6 KB · Views: 20

PhillyPhan

Reaction score
Employee pricing is 5% below invoice plus $200. This is a good discount. You can get 6 or 7% off at the dealerships listed on this site. All percentage numbers are before any available rebate/incentive discounts.
He's showing his employee discount at $13,744. That has to be way more than 5% off invoice right?

MOONCHASER

Reaction score
One salesperson said in January they were $9000. Now $3250....sooooo

PhillyPhan

Reaction score
One salesperson said in January they were $9000. Now $3250....sooooo

Hi all,

Long-time lurker here who has picked up a ton of valuable info from you guys and am looking for a little help with an ongoing build negotiation.

I'm in the process of selling my 2019 1500 Limited to a friend as he loves my truck and I want a diesel 2500. I haven't been able to find exactly what I want so reached out to Mark CDJR in Louisiana based on recommendations here. Aaron sent back my build sheet (attached) and quoted me at $77,574 before rebates, which he doubts I'll get any. Just hoping to get the thoughts of more seasoned Ram buyers on the site on the price I'm currently at with them. I'm at 12% off of MSRP now and it sounds like a good deal is 11-14% off unless I'm mistaken. I'm wondering if trying to get closer to $75K makes sense. Would love some input. Thanks ahead of time.
Have you checked the cumminsforum? That's where I used to go for all things 2500 and up. A lot of great people over there.

Users who are viewing this thread