5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

PhillyPhan

Reaction score
The factory increases base prices and packages monthly and quarterly. There website doesn’t update nearly as fast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's exactly what my dealer told me when I asked about the difference. The dealership systems are the accurate pricing. Although it's kind of interesting that they can change the MSRP monthly or quarterly. The MSRP is what it is I would think. I guess the raw material prices could change and that's what this reflects.

Kovy23

Reaction score
Wanted to get anyone's thoughts on this. I attached the build and the price breakdown as its easier than typing it all out. This is from Lakeland in Florida and was given 7% off invoice before and rebates or incentives. Will be trading in a 2019 Bighorn 4x4.
invoice.PNG POC.PNG

WReckeR

Reaction score
Wanted to get anyone's thoughts on this. I attached the build and the price breakdown as its easier than typing it all out. This is from Lakeland in Florida and was given 7% off invoice before and rebates or incentives. Will be trading in a 2019 Bighorn 4x4.
View attachment 81395 View attachment 81394
Goodness, $1200 in fees not including tag transfer? I paid $399. Mark Dodge Louisiana is what...$200?

Internet price plus $1200 in fees is about 10% below MSRP. That does not sound like a good deal. Since you say before rebates, I'm assuming this is an order?

If you can get $4500 in rebates, then you'd have about 18.3% off, which would be a good deal. If you got $1500+ and also 0% financing, it would be good as well. But if you're trading in, the water will get muddy because you don't know the private sale value of your truck.

I think you'd be in a better position with another $2000 off.

Last edited:

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Ya' those fees.
The most famous quote attributed to the late Senator Dirksen was his sarcastic account of uncontrolled government spending: "A million here, a million there, pretty soon, you're talking real money."
Reminds me of Lakeland...

Kovy23

Reaction score
Goodness, $1200 in fees not including tag transfer? I paid $399. Mark Dodge Louisiana is what...$200?

Internet price plus $1200 in fees is about 10% below MSRP. That does not sound like a good deal. Since you say before rebates, I'm assuming this is an order?

If you can get $4500 in rebates, then you'd have about 18.3% off, which would be a good deal. If you got $1500+ and also 0% financing, it would be good as well. But if you're trading in, the water will get muddy because you don't know the private sale value of your truck.

I think you'd be in a better position with another $2000 off.
yeah., the trade in can be rough. I've been quoted by other dealers for $32,000, so possibly able to use that against them for the trade in value.

Eldodroptop

Reaction score
View attachment 81395 View attachment 81394
I can deal with the bs doc and electronic file fee. I cannot abide by that obvious double dip PRE DELIVERY SERVICE FEE. They are paid by the manufacturer for doing the PDI, it’s not just double dipping the consumer, it’s dishonesty bordering on theft.

WReckeR

Reaction score
I can deal with the bs doc and electronic file fee. I cannot abide by that obvious double dip PRE DELIVERY SERVICE FEE. They are paid by the manufacturer for doing the PDI, it’s not just double dipping the consumer, it’s dishonesty bordering on theft.
They can call those fees anything they want to. There's no direct line from the payment to an office in the building. Left pocket, right pocket.

Rustyrubber

Reaction score
Welp I tried emailing 36 of the dealerships around me in California looking for 3-5% below invoice on a limited build and about 10 of them got back to me saying that was impossible for them. Looks like I'm going to have to try to get that deal from one of the out of state volume dealerships.

Reaction score
Welp I tried emailing 36 of the dealerships around me in California looking for 3-5% below invoice on a limited build and about 10 of them got back to me saying that was impossible for them. Looks like I'm going to have to try to get that deal from one of the out of state volume dealerships.
This was me a month ago. I went with Aaron Ginsburgh at Mark Dodge in Lake Charles Louisiana. No fuss deal. Very easy. I will either fly and drive or arrange for it to be shipped. So much cheaper than going through California dealers.

richardfl

Reaction score
2021 Ram 1500 BTS with lots of options

+ $60K MSRP
- $10K Employee pricing
—————
$50K Negotiated
—————
$53,500K OTD (taxes, fees, etc)

I waited until the end of the year 2020 for the Employee Discount which was like $10K.

PhillyPhan

Reaction score
I haven't went checked 36 dealerships, but 5 or 6 for Rebels. Below are the invoice comparisons. So far Aaron at Mark Dodge has been the best.

Earnhardt GilbertBill LukeWAIDLA
%off Inv.
4.90%​
5.41%​
5.68%​
6.26%​
6.39%​

PhillyPhan

Reaction score
2021 Ram 1500 BTS with lots of options

+ $60K MSRP
- $10K Employee pricing
—————
$50K Negotiated
—————
$53,500K OTD (taxes, fees, etc)

I waited until the end of the year 2020 for the Employee Discount which was like $10K.
I was just telling my wife I was a month too late selling my Ram 2500 because I missed the best deals. I was saying I might just have to wait until the end of this year and build a 2022 when the best deals hit.

BizWiz

Reaction score
I've been following this thread for a while. I placed an order in early January. Got my VIN number on January 22nd. Every day I check the web to see if a window sticker is ready for it yet using this link (https://www.ramtrucks.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=) plus my vin number. I've also been tracking the rebates constantly and a little disappointed to see most of them went away with the new month. I ordered a 2021 Laramie 1500 4x4 crew cab with all the bells and whistles. Any chance the rebates are going to improve as the month goes on? I'm expecting delivery towards the end of Feb 2021

PhillyPhan

Reaction score
I've been following this thread for a while. I placed an order in early January. Got my VIN number on January 22nd. Every day I check the web to see if a window sticker is ready for it yet using this link (https://www.ramtrucks.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=) plus my vin number. I've also been tracking the rebates constantly and a little disappointed to see most of them went away with the new month. I ordered a 2021 Laramie 1500 4x4 crew cab with all the bells and whistles. Any chance the rebates are going to improve as the month goes on? I'm expecting delivery towards the end of Feb 2021
Early this morning they weren't showing up, but now they are. They all look to be the same as they were last month.

Silent Bob

Reaction score
So far the February offers look to be the same as Januarys https://www.ramtrucks.com/lineup.incentives.html?app=incentives

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Hard to "crystal ball" it but didn't your dealer agree to whatever rebates were higher, either when you ordered or when it arrives?

richardfl

Reaction score
Hard to "crystal ball" it but didn't your dealer agree to whatever rebates were higher, either when you ordered or when it arrives?
I was going to order mine but was not going to be able to take delivery with the Employee Pricing incentives in time. I wish they would honor the current incentives at the time it’s being ordered and not at delivery.

I had to scramble and search the whole South East US to find one with all the features I wanted. Found it in NC. By the time I drove home, I already had 1,000 miles on the truck :-| Fork!

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
I was going to order mine but was not going to be able to take delivery with the Employee Pricing incentives in time. I wish they would honor the current incentives at the time it’s being ordered and not at delivery.

I had to scramble and search the whole South East US to find one with all the features I wanted. Found it in NC. By the time I drove home, I already had 1,000 miles on the truck :-| Fork!
Yea for NC, that's where I am...
Was it the MFT that was the holdup in finding one?
Well it's all broken in now...

richardfl

Reaction score
Yea for NC, that's where I am...
Was it the MFT that was the holdup in finding one?
Well it's all broken in now...
The manufacturer changes their incentives every single month. I wouldn’t have been able to take delivery in time. That’s okay though. For me, I was able to find exactly what I wanted. Got it from Lake Norman / Cornelius area.

Rustyrubber

Reaction score
This was me a month ago. I went with Aaron Ginsburgh at Mark Dodge in Lake Charles Louisiana. No fuss deal. Very easy. I will either fly and drive or arrange for it to be shipped. So much cheaper than going through California dealers.
Did you end up ordering something from them? I am just don't know about spending that much sight unseen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online

Members online