5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

saylor

Reaction score
im new around here but that seems like a good out the door price for a night edition

AK103

Reaction score
^^This. All the dealers in the DC area pull this little stunt to make it seem like your getting a better deal than you really are.

Kinda like FL dealers shaft you with dealer fees.
Either way, grab them ankles!

Reaction score
The Popup doesn't work for me. I have cleared by cache/cookies, different computers, different vpn, different browsers. Any suggestions?

DanoUF

Reaction score
Kinda like FL dealers shaft you with dealer fees.
Either way, grab them ankles!
Here in DC they get you on both. The dealer fees are all around $900. I found a truck on the lot at Koons in Oct that I would have bought, but then they added back in the Dest charge and tried to explain that is totally normal. I walked, but then ended up ordering my truck through Craig, since he didn't pull that crap. I'm not sure how Koons justifies charging it on lot vehicles but can magically leave it off for orders.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Here in DC they get you on both. The dealer fees are all around $900. I found a truck on the lot at Koons in Oct that I would have bought, but then they added back in the Dest charge and tried to explain that is totally normal. I walked, but then ended up ordering my truck through Craig, since he didn't pull that crap. I'm not sure how Koons justifies charging it on lot vehicles but can magically leave it off for orders.
I'm sorry...but double charging for destination is a CRIME!!! :mad:

ddocrt

Reaction score
That is a good deal. However you should add the $500 processing fee to the total as that is not a required government tax or fee. Processing fees are the most common made up dealership fee. In other words profit for the dealer.

I am assuming "Freight" is the Destination Charge, correct?

Hi Everyone - thanks for all the feedback and confirming this is a good deal. Hope to have good news tomorrow!

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So going to lease this custom order 2021 Ram 1500 Limited EcoDiesel when it comes in, details below. I got a trade, $36k (paid off) and looking to put $18k (half down). These were the numbers when I placed the order (November 2020), and the current build sheet from today. It was sort of worst case scenario and I was expecting almost $11k off [sort of] ($5,750 from total lease cash, $3k from rebates, and about $4700 from saved taxes since my trade is the one being taxed). So looking at about $383 a month for 36 months (12k annual mileage).

Just wondering what you guys think and your advice. Should be getting it in about 2 weeks time. I’ve purchased and financed 2 5th gen’s from this dealer before (1 1500 for $12.5k off and 1 HD for about $6.5k off); and while the rebates and incentives kinda blow this month for financing, my dealer has some really good dealer discounts for purchases themselves, a Laramie and Limited Longhorn for over $13k off Total MSRP for example. Thanks!

88D8E794-B143-4894-B9DC-79F03C92F703.jpeg 48072084-81B4-4DCE-9160-1F2A677B584D.jpeg

Last edited:

saylor

Reaction score
So going to lease this custom order 2021 Ram 1500 Limited EcoDiesel when it comes in, details below. I got a trade, $36k (paid off) and looking to put $18k (half down). These were the numbers when I placed the order (November 2020), and the current build sheet from today. It was sort of worst case scenario and I was expecting almost $11k off [sort of] ($5,750 from total lease cash, $3k from rebates, and about $4700 from Saved taxes since my trade is the one being taxed). So looking at about $383 a month for 36 months (12 annual mileage).

Just wondering what you guys think and your advice. Should be getting it in about 2 weeks time. I’ve purchased and financed 2 5th gen’s from this dealer before (1 1500 for $12.5 off and 1 HD for about $6.5 off); and while the rebates and incentives kinda blow this month for financing, my dealer has some really good dealer discounts for purchases themselves, a Laramie and Limited Longhorn for over $13k off Total MSRP for example. Thanks!

View attachment 79009 View attachment 79008
never in a thousand thousand years

Shockingram

Reaction score
I wasn’t able to use the $1500 pop up with employee pricing last week :(
I called FCA incentives and they said you could use it with employee pricing. I don’t get why some dealers take and some don’t. The dealers must be on the hook for part of the factory incentives. I checked again yesterday for this month and they said you can use the pop up with the $500 plus 0% or the pop up with the $2000 this month too.

saylor

Reaction score
Explain pls lol
the part where you arent getting a v8 for a 4x4 with offroad package?
or the part where you are trading in 18k of debt to go further into debt on a lease?

if i read your paper right, you owe 18k on a 36k trade in.

and theres no way on gods earth thats a 75k MSRP truck

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
the part where you arent getting a v8 for a 4x4 with offroad package?
or the part where you are trading in 18k of debt to go further into debt on a lease?

if i read your paper right, you owe 18k on a 36k trade in.

and theres no way on gods earth thats a 75k MSRP truck
No its paid off my guy, I have 0 debt, the trade is $36k, I'm putting half down from that trade, and using the rest i get back to cover the entire cost of the 36 months payments, plus I get a check on top of that back. It's $75k MSRP because its literally fully loaded. I'm leasing, I'm not paying $75k first off, not to mention I told you the money off. Also, that link you sent, that deal blows. My dealer is offering a similarly priced truck for quite a bit less, not to mention everything is non-conditional. No conditional BS that half the people don't qualify for.

Edit: Already have a Hemi. It's great but the mileage blows. Plus I got over 20% off my Laramie in 2019, paid $39k for it at this same dealer.

Last edited:

Lrpilot

Reaction score
I called FCA incentives and they said you could use it with employee pricing. I don’t get why some dealers take and some don’t. The dealers must be on the hook for part of the factory incentives. I checked again yesterday for this month and they said you can use the pop up with the $500 plus 0% or the pop up with the $2000 this month too.
I think the question was whether you could use the pop up with the Tread Lightly discount.

Bigtone

Reaction score
It is just not very common to put that much down into a lease. After it's over, you have nothing except maybe some positive equity when you trade it on another one. I did not look close at the truck you are buying, but I would consider purchase instead of leasing with that much down.

Venom700

Reaction score
It is just not very common to put that much down into a lease. After it's over, you have nothing except maybe some positive equity when you trade it on another one. I did not look close at the truck you are buying, but I would consider purchase instead of leasing with that much down.
Agree. Don’t put money down on a lease. If it gets totaled, you kiss the entire down payment goodbye!

Eldodroptop

Reaction score
As above, do not put money into a lease. Take that $18 grand and put it in savings, then use it to contribute to your lease payment every month. That way, if anything were to happen as far as a total loss, the money is protected.

Users who are viewing this thread