5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

kooz21

Reaction score
Well, I'm officially a part of the club! So it's time to share my experience. First of all, gotta thank everyone for their contributions to this site. There's so much quality info here, it's unbelievably helpful. If I had tried to pull this off with local RAM dealers, I'm pretty certain that I would have given up by now.

Long story short, I ended up joining Tread Lightly and ordering from Lakeland.

MSRP - $61,775
Dealer Discount - $8690
Incentives (The pop-up could not be combined with the Tread Lightly price)
-$1500 + 0% APR
- $1000 National Retail CC
Adjusted Price - $50,585

So this ends up being about 18% below MSRP, and I was able to get 0$ APR! Maybe not the best deal ever, but I didn't haggle too much and am still pretty happy.

I had a very smooth experience with Lakeland Dodge. They have a high dealer fee of $998 (they're all high in FL), but there were no hidden fees or crazy add ons (the air in my tires was free!). Lacey Palmer was my salesperson and I thought she was great. Communicative, no BS, delivered on what she promised. I highly recommend.
Also, I drove 3 hours there in what I was hoping would be my trade-in. The offer was too low for me, which is no big deal. What's awesome though, is that they actually let me drive off in the new truck and delivered my old car to my house, 3 hours away. Now that's customer service!

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Well, I'm officially a part of the club! So it's time to share my experience. First of all, gotta thank everyone for their contributions to this site. There's so much quality info here, it's unbelievably helpful. If I had tried to pull this off with local RAM dealers, I'm pretty certain that I would have given up by now.

MSRP - $61,775
Dealer Discount - $8690
-$1500 + 0% APR
Adjusted Price - $50,585

So this ends up being about 18% below MSRP, and I was able to get 0$ APR! Maybe not the best deal ever, but I didn't haggle too much and am still pretty happy.

I had a very smooth experience with Lakeland Dodge. They have a high dealer fee of $998 (they're all high in FL), but there were no hidden fees or crazy add ons (the air in my tires was free!). Lacey Palmer was my salesperson and I thought she was great. Communicative, no BS, delivered on what she promised. I highly recommend.
Also, I drove 3 hours there in what I was hoping would be my trade-in. The offer was too low for me, which is no big deal. What's awesome though, is that they actually let me drive off in the new truck and delivered my old car to my house, 3 hours away. Now that's customer service!
This is AWESOME! Congrats on the new truck...great deal and amazing customer service! I live up in Jacksonville and may have to make the trip to Lakeland for my TRX in 2023 :p

AK103

Reaction score

MSRP - $61,775
Dealer Discount - $8690
-$1500 + 0% APR
Adjusted Price - $50,585

That's awesome. I'm glad you had a good experience.

I just picked my truck up from Lakeland this past Monday too.
They picked me up from the airport, and I had an awesome drive home.

The only issue I had was they forgot to add the trailer brake to my corrected POC, but they installed it at the price I would have originally paid and had it installed for me before I picked it up.
Can't ask for more.
Mike was kind enough to pick me up from the airport (would have been nearly $100 for an uber)

AK103

Reaction score
We picked up on the same day, LOL! Probably walked right by each other.

Ha! I just read this. That's awesome lol

I was in and out in less than 30 minutes.
Literally grabbed my keys, and drove off - I was trying to be home by 3 PM lol. (3 hour drive home)

saylor

Reaction score
rockwall dodge is scam artists.
i had a truck lined out from rockwall dodge $42.5k internet price. i used their online chat to work with a salesman and confirm the truck was there right now. I told the sales man i was going to go to the bank get the money and come buy the truck. I did that. I drove it around the block, came back to the dealership, and said great i'll take it. They bring me paperwork and the truck is like $48k PLUS TTL. I told them wait a second i JUST got through chatting with you about the truck for $42.5k. I went to the bank and here i am just like I said.
I walked. Straight scam. The GSM Paul texted me a rude message and in it said he could come down to $47.5k. Truck is still listed online for $42.5k. price bait.
Mopar Electronic Vehicle Tracking System$995.00
Wheel Locks$295.00
Tint$495.00
Nitrogen$115.00
Resistol$695.00

i paid cash. I didnt want tracking. no need to track me. I can get gorilla locks for 30 bucks. I like 78% nitrogen. Resistol should sue for naming rights.

I ended up making a deal with i20 dodge in canton. I got about 14% under sticker out the door so i feel pretty good.

i20 dodge has base models, and models that arent all dealership-upgraded 10 ways from sunday.

go there.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
i had a truck lined out from rockwall dodge $42.5k internet price. i used their online chat to work with a salesman and confirm the truck was there right now. I told the sales man i was going to go to the bank get the money and come buy the truck. I did that. I drove it around the block, came back to the dealership, and said great i'll take it. They bring me paperwork and the truck is like $48k PLUS TTL. I told them wait a second i JUST got through chatting with you about the truck for $42.5k. I went to the bank and here i am just like I said.
I walked. Straight scam. The GSM Paul texted me a rude message and in it said he could come down to $47.5k. Truck is still listed online for $42.5k. price bait.
Wheel Locks$295.00
Tint$495.00
Nitrogen$115.00
Resistol$695.00

i paid cash. I didnt want tracking. no need to track me. I can get gorilla locks for 30 bucks. I like 78% nitrogen. Resistol should sue for naming rights.

I ended up making a deal with i20 dodge in canton. I got about 14% under sticker out the door so i feel pretty good.

i20 dodge has base models, and models that arent all dealership-upgraded 10 ways from sunday.

go there.
That $42.5K, most likely, has every possible rebate/incentive in the book that 99.99% of us don't qualify for. $hitty practice on their part and sorry you had to deal with crap like that!

Reaction score
Wheel Locks$295.00
Tint$495.00
Nitrogen$115.00
Resistol$695.00

go there.
I got the same dance with rockwall as well with the dealer add-ons and had to walk. Ended up buying from Dodge City of McKinney. 14% is a solid deal, I’m happy with my ~12%

saylor

Reaction score
i bought one from mckinney back when it was still on the east side of central back in the 90s, then bonham in 2015 did me a good deal was gonna go up there again, but canton had hydro blue which seems sorta hard to find/not listed in every color list i see

shout out to fellow DFW homies

Shockingram

Reaction score

MSRP - $61,775
Dealer Discount - $8690
-$1500 + 0% APR
Adjusted Price - $50,585

Why couldn’t you use pop up with tread lightly? I hope you checked with FCA on that. Looks like you got more than 1% off invoice which is tread lightly discount though.

kooz21

Reaction score
Why couldn’t you use pop up with tread lightly? I hope you checked with FCA on that. Looks like you got more than 1% off invoice which is tread lightly discount though.
You know, I didn't check with FCA and I don't know why they didn't stack. My deal ended up being pretty rushed because my truck arrived on the last day of December incentives. I wanted that "0% APR + $1500 cash" incentive, so I rushed to get there and seal the deal. By the time we got to signing papers, I was dead tired after a really long day. It was after 8pm and I was staring at a 3 hour drive home. Close enough, let's do it.

Silent Bob

Reaction score
Do you know how Costco pricing compares to Affiliate pricing?

Did a Costco price check last night. They were only offering $800 under invoice. To add further insult to Costco members they said all their trucks come with about $2000 in dealer extras (LoJack knockoff, paint protection) you have to pay for. This was only one Costco affiliated dealership but not good.

brettguercio

Reaction score
I wasn’t able to use the $1500 pop up with employee pricing last week :(

AK103

Reaction score
I wasn’t able to use the $1500 pop up with employee pricing last week :(

I don't think you can.
But our deal isn't employee pricing it was actually better. 7% off invoice. (We ordered months ago)

ddocrt

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I'm getting closer to becoming an official RAM owner! Started my research back in December, focusing on used 2019s, but changed my direction and trying to get into brand new at this point. I've been going back and forth with the internet manager at a dealership and looking at the following numbers:

MSRP: 52,095
Sales Price: 38,845
Freight: 1,695
Processing Fee: 500
Tax: 2360
T&T: 518
Total OTD: 43,918.70
They say for this price I have to do Chrysler Financing, but I have 800 credit score so hopefully will still get a good rate.

Since they include freight as a line item, would I be correct in calculating % of MSRP as 38,845+1,695 = 40,540. So 1-(40,450/52,095) = 22% off MSRP?

To me this seems like a good deal, but wanted to get your opinions. It's a 1500 Big Horn crew cab, 4x4, V8, 5'7" bed, night edition.

They came down on the price pretty quickly too, after saying the initial price was too high via email they came back with 5k off.

thanks,
Dan

Silent Bob

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I'm getting closer to becoming an official RAM owner! Started my research back in December, focusing on used 2019s, but changed my direction and trying to get into brand new at this point. I've been going back and forth with the internet manager at a dealership and looking at the following numbers:

They say for this price I have to do Chrysler Financing, but I have 800 credit score so hopefully will still get a good rate.

Since they include freight as a line item, would I be correct in calculating % of MSRP as 38,845+1,695 = 40,540. So 1-(40,450/52,095) = 22% off MSRP?

To me this seems like a good deal, but wanted to get your opinions. It's a 1500 Big Horn crew cab, 4x4, V8, 5'7" bed, night edition.

They came down on the price pretty quickly too, after saying the initial price was too high via email they came back with 5k off.

thanks,
Dan
That is a good deal. However you should add the $500 processing fee to the total as that is not a required government tax or fee. Processing fees are the most common made up dealership fee. In other words profit for the dealer.

I am assuming "Freight" is the Destination Charge, correct?

Last edited:

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

thanks,
Dan
MSRP should include freight not MSRP plus freight. Your deal is showing a 25.4% discount off MSRP...are you sure about your numbers???

enigmaaron

Reaction score
MSRP should include freight not MSRP plus freight. Your deal is showing a 25.4% discount off MSRP...are you sure about your numbers???
He's adding freight to the "sale price" because that's what the dealer is doing. So really his sale price = $41,040 ($38,845 + $1,695 + $500). Still 21.2% off, so a good deal.

DanoUF

Reaction score
He's adding freight to the "sale price" because that's what the dealer is doing. So really his sale price = $41,040 ($38,845 + $1,695 + $500). Still 21.2% off, so a good deal.
^^This. All the dealers in the DC area pull this little stunt to make it seem like your getting a better deal than you really are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/