5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

soSincerious

Reaction score
I only wanted 36 as that was the lowest term they had. 1.99 for 65 months is a GREAT rate!!!

oh, that makes sense. 36 months is an aggressive payment there bud!

i'm in the car biz, and we've had people recently bringing in their own financing for incredible rates ... one person was complaining that they "only" got approved for 2.39 @ 60 months. not a great sign for the economy with rates plunging like this ... but great for consumers!

Cgo

Reaction score
Truecar prices are almost always high. If you are reading this thread you are probably looking for a better discount than that.
Idk, always been a good estimator for me. $12k off MSRP was a good deal for me.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
oh, that makes sense. 36 months is an aggressive payment there bud!

i'm in the car biz, and we've had people recently bringing in their own financing for incredible rates ... one person was complaining that they "only" got approved for 2.39 @ 60 months. not a great sign for the economy with rates plunging like this ... but great for consumers!
I only financed $14K and it will be totally paid off by April unless COVID-21 hits (which the DEMS are now preparing for launch :rolleyes: )

• Haha
Reactions: Cgo

AK103

Reaction score
You give up a ton of incentive money when taking the 0%. My credit union was offering 1.36% so I took that and will pay it off after bonus time next year.
There's currently $1500 in incentives if you take the 0 percent on Limiteds.
I was able to get 0 percent for 60. Plus 3000 in incentives. Apparently the bonus cash from the site stacks too.
I'm at 19% and change on the msrp discount with 0 percent.

chicodoggy

Reaction score

rtslab

Reaction score
There's currently $1500 in incentives if you take the 0 percent on Limiteds.
I was able to get 0 percent for 60. Plus 3000 in incentives. Apparently the bonus cash from the site stacks too.
I'm at 19% and change on the msrp discount with 0 percent.
WIth 0% APR, I was only able to only get $2000 incentives($1500 ram website bonus plus $500 from Chrysler Capital). My dealer told me $1500 is not stackable with $1000 Penfed cash bonus and other cash bonus. He showed me from his computer using $1500 ram website automatically disables other cash incentives.. What kind of cash bonus did your dealer honor to get $3000?

johna151730

Reaction score
Massachusetts
2021 Ram Rebel
  • Rebel 12
  • Rebel Level 2 Equipment group
  • 5.7L V8 Hemi (non etorque)
  • Rear Wheelhouse-Liners
MSRP: $58,500
Sales Price: $47,000 (includes all rebates and incentives available)
19.66% off MSRP

Thoughts?

EJ84

Reaction score
Massachusetts
2021 Ram Rebel
  • Rebel 12
  • Rebel Level 2 Equipment group
  • 5.7L V8 Hemi (non etorque)
  • Rear Wheelhouse-Liners
MSRP: $58,500
Sales Price: $47,000 (includes all rebates and incentives available)
19.66% off MSRP

Thoughts?
What dealer in Massachusetts?

Jofu

Reaction score
How's it going guys? Just agreed to buy this https://www.southwestcdjrtexas.com/VehicleDetails/new-2021-Ram-1500-Longhorn-Cleburne-TX/4679277863 I missed out on 2 other similar Longhorns that I wanted and this dealer wasn't coming off his list price so I just took it. I think it was pretty solid at about 20% off MSRP. I ended up financing for the discount, but I'll be paying it off after the 3 months.

How did I do on this?
Am I seeing correctly on the pictures that this truck has almost 3000 miles on it?

Geoff

ramtruck89

Reaction score
Just picked up my truck from Mark Dodge!!!

Highly recommend, they give incredible prices even when ordered. I ordered my truck in November and it came in today.

MSRP $70,140
Discount $17,000
Price $53,140

I did end up losing $3500 in discount because went with 0% financing but an ordered limited exactly the way I wanted for $56,640 was a great deal for me!!

Attachments

• C4F2182E-A16A-47F8-BD56-7D879F3FA87B.jpeg
    C4F2182E-A16A-47F8-BD56-7D879F3FA87B.jpeg
    168.5 KB · Views: 48

AK103

Reaction score
WIth 0% APR, I was only able to only get $2000 incentives($1500 ram website bonus plus $500 from Chrysler Capital). My dealer told me $1500 is not stackable with $1000 Penfed cash bonus and other cash bonus. He showed me from his computer using $1500 ram website automatically disables other cash incentives.. What kind of cash bonus did your dealer honor to get $3000?

I didn't qualify for any other rebate except $1500 for Chrysler Capital and $1500 bonus cash from the site.
That's all I provided for the $3000.
It looks like mid-Dec or so they added the $1500 incentive with the 0%

I actually initially told him I don't think the $1500 cash bonus will work. He said let me try.

AK103

Reaction score

Highly recommend, they give incredible prices even when ordered. I ordered my truck in November and it came in today.

MSRP $70,140
Discount $17,000
Price $53,140

I did end up losing $3500 in discount because went with 0% financing but an ordered limited exactly the way I wanted for $56,640 was a great deal for me!!

That is a great price.

rtslab

Reaction score

MSRP $70,140
Discount $17,000
Price $53,140

This is great price! I'm curious,when Mark Dodge sold the truck, did they take care of regitration for your own redident state and hence you may need to pay full car sales tax as well as title/registration fees in your own resident state? or did they issue you a LA plate and pay LA car sales tax and title/registration fee in LA?

ramtruck89

Reaction score
This is great price! I'm curious,when Mark Dodge sold the truck, did they take care of regitration for your own redident state and hence you may need to pay full car sales tax as well as title/registration fees in your own resident state? or did they issue you a LA plate and pay LA car sales tax and title/registration fee in LA?
So they are taking care of registering for me in Texas. I paid TX taxes with them, all I have to do now is get it inspected in TX and send them a copy of the report.

rtslab

Reaction score
So they are taking care of registering for me in Texas. I paid TX taxes with them, all I have to do now is get it inspected in TX and send them a copy of the report.
Good to know. They also take care of truck shipping if you don't fly and drive. This is really hassle free. I wish I had known them before I purchased from my local dealers here.

Ultra1988

Reaction score
I was looking for a 2500 in SoCal until I realized how much smaller the back seat is compared to a 1500. What incentives is everybody being allowed to combine on a 2021 1500?
CACMH $1500
21CMA1 $1000
RAM $1500
Military $500
Employee pricing.
Chrysler website says 0% for 60 months plus $2500 incentive on 2021 big horns, but when I brought up financing they said they preferred to use outside credit unions. Has anybody gotten this rate AND all incentives?

AxileAspen

Reaction score

MSRP $70,140
Discount $17,000
Price $53,140

Gonna jump onto this and recommend Mark Dodge in Lake Charles, LA as well. (This will probably sound like a paid advertisement lol)

2021 Limited 4x4 Night Edition
MSRP: $67,630
Discount included what I assume is a combination of dealer discount and RAM EP, additional incentives, $1,500 RAM bonus cash (the code from the website)
Final Price: $49,830

After stumbling upon comments about Mark Dodge once or twice, I looked at their site but figured the advertising was the typical "bait and switch" tactic full of stacked rebates that were impossible to qualify for, or would just be a pain in the keister to negotiate. I dropped Aaron (he's a sales manager) an email directly. Figured the worst that happened was that nothing productive came of it. But he was timely in responding, was quite upfront about pricing, and answered my specific questions without beating around the bush. What you see advertised on their website is the legit pricing they offer and clearly shows if incentives are already accounted for in that discount, so you know what other discounts may be applicable from the start.

No haggling or bloated numbers with Aaron, no sort of pressure or harassment in communication, no "let me talk to the manager" or B.S. sales tactics to worry about, no pitches for window etching or undercoating, etc. The numbers were clear from the start and Aaron was an absolute pleasure to work with. Then once we got set up with finance, that was just as easy, with all paperwork done electronically, to include registration and taxes for out of state registration. And if you aren't local, they can help get you set up with shipping the truck (for an additional fee of course).

I would HIGHLY recommend giving the folks at Mark Dodge an opportunity to see what they can do for you. Even if you don't get the same deal, I would imagine you'll still get a great price from them.

Venom700

Reaction score
Gonna jump onto this and recommend Mark Dodge in Lake Charles, LA as well. (This will probably sound like a paid advertisement lol)

2021 Limited 4x4 Night Edition
MSRP: $67,630
Discount included what I assume is a combination of dealer discount and RAM EP, additional incentives, $1,500 RAM bonus cash (the code from the website)
Final Price: $49,830

After stumbling upon comments about Mark Dodge once or twice, I looked at their site but figured the advertising was the typical "bait and switch" tactic full of stacked rebates that were impossible to qualify for, or would just be a pain in the keister to negotiate. I dropped Aaron (he's a sales manager) an email directly. Figured the worst that happened was that nothing productive came of it. But he was timely in responding, was quite upfront about pricing, and answered my specific questions without beating around the bush. What you see advertised on their website is the legit pricing they offer and clearly shows if incentives are already accounted for in that discount, so you know what other discounts may be applicable from the start.

No haggling or bloated numbers with Aaron, no sort of pressure or harassment in communication, no "let me talk to the manager" or B.S. sales tactics to worry about, no pitches for window etching or undercoating, etc. The numbers were clear from the start and Aaron was an absolute pleasure to work with. Then once we got set up with finance, that was just as easy, with all paperwork done electronically, to include registration and taxes for out of state registration. And if you aren't local, they can help get you set up with shipping the truck (for an additional fee of course).

I would HIGHLY recommend giving the folks at Mark Dodge an opportunity to see what they can do for you. Even if you don't get the same deal, I would imagine you'll still get a great price from them.
Same as it went for me!

Users who are viewing this thread