5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

smanthrav

Reaction score
All, I am getting told by my dealer that they cannot lock in incentive/rebates on a build? I thought I saw on here that is it possible to lock in rebates for a build? Am I incorrect?
I think it may vary by dealer. Mine says I'm locked in to the incentives at the time of placing the build order but can opt for whatever incentives are available at the time of the sale if it ends up being better. I ordered a custom Rebel.

Troutbeck27

Reaction score
I think it may vary by dealer. Mine says I'm locked in to the incentives at the time of placing the build order but can opt for whatever incentives are available at the time of the sale if it ends up being better. I ordered a custom Rebel.
if this is true, I would like to be able to share this with the dealer I am working with. What dealership are you working with? Would obviously like to have some ammo.

Oak Grove

Reaction score
How is everyone coming out on factory ordered December Deliveries with the lack of rebates and instead Ram offering Employee Pricing? I ordered my Ram for slightly below Employee Pricing. Looks like it will be at the dealership in the next 2 weeks. My quoted price was before any rebates/incentives at the time of delivery. The dealership is 8 hours away from me...I searched the country for the best pricing. Other than my $1500 Ram site coupon, looks like there is about $750-1500 available rebates. Just curious if those of you who have taken delivery on your already discounted special orders are getting anything from the "employee pricing" discount that I'm sure dealers are getting a discount from their cost off of this. I really would rather not wait until January to take delivery if possible...but stinks if I ordered from so far away to get about the same price I could have gotten locally.

rtslab

Reaction score
How is everyone coming out on factory ordered December Deliveries with the lack of rebates and instead Ram offering Employee Pricing? I ordered my Ram for slightly below Employee Pricing. Looks like it will be at the dealership in the next 2 weeks. My quoted price was before any rebates/incentives at the time of delivery. The dealership is 8 hours away from me...I searched the country for the best pricing. Other than my $1500 Ram site coupon, looks like there is about $750-1500 available rebates. Just curious if those of you who have taken delivery on your already discounted special orders are getting anything from the "employee pricing" discount that I'm sure dealers are getting a discount from their cost off of this. I really would rather not wait until January to take delivery if possible...but stinks if I ordered from so far away to get about the same price I could have gotten locally.
Employee pricing won't be able to combine with 0% APR which is available now from Chrysler Capital. If you qualify, it is not a bad idea to take 0% APR offer now which might not be available in Jan.

DanoUF

Reaction score
Employee pricing won't be able to combine with 0% APR which is available now from Chrysler Capital. If you qualify, it is not a bad idea to take 0% APR offer now which might not be available in Jan.
Somebody in another post said that they were not allowed to use the 0% APR on the vehicle they ordered from Koons due to the 6% below invoice price. This sounds shady, like they are using the employee pricing deal to recapture most of the savings they already agreed to and then denying the customer the 0% financing.

Oak Grove

Reaction score

rtslab-I am not interested in any discount for the 0% financing. I am more interested in the final price with my deal with the lender that was closer to Koon's pricing. Employee Pricing on my vehicle is $52,972. My price is $52,780 less rebates. The dealer is 8 hours away and I worked very hard to negotiate, calling all around. If I could walk into any dealer during December and get my truck for $52,972 minus my $1500 coupon and any other incentives I qualify for, then I am driving pretty far to get that same price! And that dealer is now making considerably more on the deal than they had originally estimated when I negotiated 7 weeks ago. Seems that there should be some "rebates" tucked in the employee pricing that should come off of my previously negotiated price? Otherwise, I could wait until January and hope that employee pricing is GONE and there is more than $2,000 in incentives.​

Paultg

Reaction score
All, I am getting told by my dealer that they cannot lock in incentive/rebates on a build? I thought I saw on here that is it possible to lock in rebates for a build? Am I incorrect?
Not true. I ordered my truck back in June. FCA told me to make sure the dealer had a protected order. Our agreement was the incentives / rebates at the time I ordered, or when during delivery, which ever made the truck less expensive.
So when I ordered it was the most I was going to pay, and if the rebates were better at delivery then I’d pay less, and that is actually what happened.

Kurtislowe68

Reaction score
17k off most of the trucks at mark dodge in Lake Charles, LA right now. Not going to beat their deals

slatersan

Reaction score
You've got a good head start. Ambitious for the rest, but I wish you luck !

jastevenson

Reaction score
I ram into the same problem as you. Even worse actually, since my truck arrived at the dealership on December 2nd!

I’m planning on waiting until January to pick it up. I would expect at least 3k in rebates, which puts me up at least 1.5k from now.

There is one way though that we could get screwed: Ram keeps “Employee pricing” their January, but drops the rebates altogether.

I am going to take my chances with January.

NJT3

Reaction score
My dealer had said the national rebates are locked in and choose what is better at deliever.... Regional, and dealer rebates or any other are NOT a lock.

rtslab

Reaction score
I ram into the same problem as you. Even worse actually, since my truck arrived at the dealership on December 2nd!

I’m planning on waiting until January to pick it up. I would expect at least 3k in rebates, which puts me up at least 1.5k from now.

There is one way though that we could get screwed: Ram keeps “Employee pricing” their January, but drops the rebates altogether.

I am going to take my chances with January.
My understanding is for factory order, the price is already locked(minus available rebates and incentives available upon delivery) and the sales for that factory order is counted by dealer on the date when factory order was placed. If you placed the factory order in Sep., you won't be able to get EP which is only availabe in Dec. unless you refuses to pick it up and then negotiate with the dealer again. You will get whatever finance deals are available upon delivery though. Most of dealers probably won't bother negotiating with you and they just confiscate your deposit and just sell your factory order to others considering RAM truck is in high in demand. This is still seller's market due to low inventory and buyers won't have much bargain power.

Last edited:

Grouper

Reaction score
Somebody in another post said that they were not allowed to use the 0% APR on the vehicle they ordered from Koons due to the 6% below invoice price. This sounds shady, like they are using the employee pricing deal to recapture most of the savings they already agreed to and then denying the customer the 0% financing.

That was probably me. I'm planning to fly-n-drive Friday to get the truck. If I had known when I ordered that the agreed to price would not be honored with promotional financing, I might have thought twice of ordering from a dealer 12 hours from my home.

With regard to Employee Pricing being in the ballpark of FWP minus 6.5%, that's probably true, but I wanted a specific configuration that I was only going to get by ordering from the factory. I wouldn't have found the truck configured the way I wanted on a dealer lot and I had no way to predict that Employee Pricing would be available 10 weeks after I placed my order.

Whatever. Someone will always find a better deal and the fly-n-drive is only a day out of my life. I'm going to pay-off my 2.89% PenFed loan in a few months regardless, so the 0% is somewhat moot. It's just the principle of the situation that pisses me off.

As long as there is no funny stuff at signing, I'm ready to move on with my life.

Users who are viewing this thread