5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

zazu87usf

Reaction score
What are the emails for Koons, Criswell and the others that people are using? I know Craig is the contact at Koons but can't find his email. For some reason I am having an issue searching. Thanks.

baccigalup

Reaction score
Somebody in another post said that they were not allowed to use the 0% APR on the vehicle they ordered from Koons due to the 6% below invoice price. This sounds shady, like they are using the employee pricing deal to recapture most of the savings they already agreed to and then denying the customer the 0% financing.
Thats how it broke down for me....koons group buy is lower than emp pricing..they are a volume dealer and get kick back at end of year for selling quota volume...0 percent was excluded. From that and its 0 percent or rebates....thats from fca...i called and they told me i couldnt do it.

I got the koons price..affilliate of .5 percent more...1500 ram cash...500 non fca rebate and 250 bonus cash back....im at about 17 percent under invoice. I could have waited till jan to get it as well but why be greedy. What am i saving or better yet what could i lose? 17 percent is good and average for most here...ram screws people by changing the rebates often. My guess is covid will make for shortage of inventory over winter and more people out of work..dealers will want to catch up and you may get good deals in march or april. I wouldnt hold my breath waiting for it to happen. Just get what you want now if you can afford it.
Theres a handful of folks on tjese sites compared to those that dont do their homework and just walk in blindly to try and get 1 percent under...no one is giving them more than that off the street....be happy we have some other options.

Venom700

Reaction score
You can order a southwest package from any dealer in the southwest business center. Louisiana Texas Oklahoma Mississippi and Arkansas
Highly recommend working with Aaron. I just settled on a deal with a Limited that he dealer traded for in Texas. He's communicative, puts everything in writing, and zero hassles when finalizing things with the finance department. I did some leg work to find the exact truck I wanted and he worked the prices same as on their website. They even matched Ziegler's warranty prices!

I live 8 miles from Koons and got a much better deal with Aaron.

DanoUF

Reaction score
Highly recommend working with Aaron. I just settled on a deal with a Limited that he dealer traded for in Texas. He's communicative, puts everything in writing, and zero hassles when finalizing things with the finance department. I did some leg work to find the exact truck I wanted and he worked the prices same as on their website. They even matched Ziegler's warranty prices!

I live 8 miles from Koons and got a much better deal with Aaron.
When you say they matched Ziegler's warranty prices, was that for the Mopar warranty, or a 3rd party warranty at the same price?

AK103

Reaction score
It worked! I had emailed to Koons at another email address and got crickets. Then I saw this one from you and Craig got back to me within a couple of hours...even though this is his day off. Thank you very much!
There's also Lakeland in Florida that's cheaper than Koons.
Also they don't seem to play games like them either.
Like putting the destination charge back in, or selling your ordered truck from under you.

redbranch

Reaction score
So I pulled the trigger on the 2021 Longhorn. It came down from 76k to 60,500 and the dealer refused the Ram 1500 cash because they said it couldn't be applied to an employee pricing deal. That doesn't sound right and I'm going to look into it further.
Other than that, I am loving the new ride. It's got every possible bell and whistle.

Venom700

Reaction score
So I pulled the trigger on the 2021 Longhorn. It came down from 76k to 60,500 and the dealer refused the Ram 1500 cash because they said it couldn't be applied to an employee pricing deal. That doesn't sound right and I'm going to look into it further.
Other than that, I am loving the new ride. It's got every possible bell and whistle.
The $1500 pop up does work with EP.

LeadWolf

Reaction score
Don't buy from Grapevine Dodge in Grapevine, TX! My story:

I started with good intentions: support the businesses in your local community even if they are national chains. With that in mind, I didn't even shop around. I had affiliate pricing from work and that was good enough for me. Talked to the fleet manager since I knew he could make the deals and I wouldn't have to deal with the front of the house. Not my first rodeo by a long shot. I custom ordered a truck with the plan to have it delivered in December since Ram usually drops employee pricing at that time. We agree to affiliate pricing and any rebates unless EP comes out then I get that pricing. We also agreed no dealer add-ons to the built after arrival.

Fast forward nearly two months, my truck comes in toward the end of November...about 2-3 weeks earlier than expected. We talked and he agreed to "sit" on the truck for a little while. I finally decided to go look at it and give it a once over. The first thing I noticed was a dealer add-on sticker on the window. I asked him about it and he said don't worry about it. He said their guys just work whatever comes into the storage lot and failed to pay attention to the fact this truck was marked sold. He assured me he wouldn't charge me for the adds...that was on them.

December rolls around and I don't see employee pricing dropping so I tell him write it up and let's get it done. I wait a day and reach out to him wondering why we aren't done already. He tells me the sale is that front of the house getting approved by the GSM. I asked him why it was even in front of the GSM? He told me a customer was pissed off and railed the dealership on a customer survey to FCA. So now, the GSM has to approve all sales. Whatever...let's get this deal done.

A week passes of me repeatedly asking can we close this deal. My guy calls in sick, losses a brother-in-law, has to travel for business, and the GSM is still sitting on the sales paper. It was at this point, I knew something was screwed up. Finally got a date to come in and finalize the sale. Now employee pricing has hit along with another $1k rebate so I'm sitting pretty with EP and $3,500 of total rebates.

I get there and my fleet guy goes out and gets the GSM. The GSM sits down and shows me two pieces of paper one showing me how much money I saved by the EP pricing change. I tell him, I know all of that already. Show me the price so I can sign and get out of here. Second line of the pricing sheet shows a $1,998 add-on package. I say he made a mistake and needs to remove that cost. He refuses. Says it standard on EVERY vehicle they sell. I say that's not the agreement I made with your fleet manager and I did not custom order my truck with those features. He asks me if I can compromise. I say no. Remove it or I walk. He refused. I told the fleet manager that I am rejecting the custom order because the vehicle was not delivered as ordered. I got up, walked to the door and told the manager I'll be back to pick up my deposit 2 business days later. I offered him one last shot to close the deal. He still refused.

I could tell the fleet manager was embarrassed. We had many hours of conversation in his office. I called him the next day where he apologized over and over. I told him I knew it wasn't him who was the issue. That fleet manager wrote me a $1k check out of his personal account just in case the GSM changed his mind and tried to keep my deposit. Thankfully, he didn't

Sorry for the long read. How do you bait and switch on a custom order? How do you override your fleet manager? And why walk away from a guaranteed sale when you're still making money? The how and why is because the GSM is a greedy crook.

So what did I do? I custom ordered the same truck from Mark Dodge in Lake Charles, LA for a guaranteed sales price below employee pricing and any rebates available when the truck hits the lot. You know what? I don't care if I spend an extra $2k at Mark Dodge. At least that thief at Grapevine Dodge won't get it.

My custom ordered truck: https://www.grapevinedodge.com/auto/new-2021-ram-1500-limited-grapevine-tx/51414291/

laramie4x4

Reaction score
All, I am getting told by my dealer that they cannot lock in incentive/rebates on a build? I thought I saw on here that is it possible to lock in rebates for a build? Am I incorrect?
National rebate is only $1000 this month, why do you want to lock that in the first place?

Reaction score
Community, would any kind soul please give me feedback on this custom order I got from the dealer? How should I approach the negotiation table? No trying to "steal" anything, just a great deal.

Attachments

• 20201216182120720.pdf
    83.4 KB · Views: 36

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Community, would any kind soul please give me feedback on this custom order I got from the dealer? How should I approach the negotiation table? No trying to "steal" anything, just a great deal.
Because it's a custom order...don't expect much. The best deals are on vehicles they have in stock. You can see the Employee Price on the PDF you attached. However, it will be a push to get that when the vehicle comes in 6-8 weeks down the road. May also depend on what incentives are available at the time of delivery.

AK103

Reaction score

What state are you in? There's two dealers that will do 6% off invoice on orders in the North East.
And another dealer going 7% off invoice in Florida.
I ordered from the Florida Lakeland dealer, roughly 15%ish off from MSRP before rebates and incentives on my Limited build.

I looked at your PDF, it looks like they're giving you invoice price.
Lakeland would beat that by 7%.
That's a $3568 difference.
And that's again, before rebates and incentives.

If you're close to Florida, or in Florida. You might want to consider that.

Last edited:

AK103

Reaction score
Because it's a custom order...don't expect much. The best deals are on vehicles they have in stock. You can see the Employee Price on the PDF you attached. However, it will be a push to get that when the vehicle comes in 6-8 weeks down the road. May also depend on what incentives are available at the time of delivery.

I wouldn't say that. I got an awesome deal on my custom order.
That was before employee pricing, still beats employee pricing.

Also, didn't you just order a truck?
Looks like you're in FL. You didn't order from Lakeland?
I'm pretty sure they're the cheapest dealership in our state.

Last edited:

TxAg98

Reaction score
I think I did ok tonight.
2021 1500 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4
Granite Crystal Metallic
Laramie Southwest Edition
Off Road Group
Laramie Level 1
Rubber Mats
Non etorque Hemi
$57,775 MSRP.......$45,424 OTD after discounts and rebates. TTL is paid separately in OK at the tag agency. %21.5 off MSRP

Users who are viewing this thread