5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

AK103

Reaction score
Please be careful about how this latest EP sales event is interpreted. If you go to the RAM website and build out your dream truck, you will indeed end up with a printout showing your exact build and this excellent EP pricing, even for most 2021 RAMs. And that's where the dream ends. Read the fine print and you'll discover that to get this pricing, you must take delivery by 1/4/2021. So, with the build time now at 6-12 weeks, there's no chance that this specific sales event is relevant to anyone wishing to order a RAM despite what the website first leads you to believe with the deceptive printout.

To get this pricing, you'll need to find a truck already on a lot. With all the many options available, the chances of finding one to match your build are highly unlikely. You'll need to compromise on what you want, most likely quite significantly. For some people who are not that particular, this may be fine. But if you're like me, you'll want your truck to be configured exactly, or at least close, to what you want if you're going to spend so much money and then live with the truck for years.

I find restrictive pricing like this very frustrating. I've been trying to buy a 2021 RAM for months now and sales restrictions such as this hurt more than help. My local dealers won't do better than invoice on an ordered truck, so I'll have to pay thousands more if I want to purchase one to my specifications or travel over a thousand miles in the Covid ridden US to purchase from a high-volume dealer.

Where are you located?
It's cheaper to order from Criswell, Koons or Lakeland.
And get 6-7% off invoice.

baccigalup

Reaction score
I also always order exactly what I want from the factory. The vast majority of the public do not. Just knowing that during this frequent sales event anyone can walk in and get 5% below Invoice is a good bargaining tool.

I am currently ordering a new Limited and (after many, many emails) have found a local dealer willing to match my lowest offer. I had to get to the GM to do so.

7.4% Below Factory Invoice
17.2% Below MSRP
This before any rebates or incentives I might qualify for.

Get quotes from the dealers recommended on this thread and if you can't get locals to match consider a road trip or "fly and drive". At the very least you will have a good bargaining tool.

Contact the Sales, Internet, or Fleet Manager at your local dealership and see if they will match your best offer. If you can talk to the General Manager, even better.

If I could not get a local dealer to match I would have done the 800 mile round trip. At least you get to learn all about your new truck on the trip back.
NJ and NY dealers all suck and wouldnt come close to invoice to even match koons or criswell....they would rather pass up a sale if they cant make some money.....dont forget theres a 2k holdback they are getting regardless....plenty of room for them to bargain.....i even found some that balked at affiliate pricing...so screw them.

Troutbeck27

Reaction score
If you look at a build sheet they do discount the invoice price which includes destination charge.

They then get it back with the extra fee.

EP is Invoice minus 5% plus $200
FFP is Invoice minus 1% plus $75

I know this is an MSRP thread but the dealerships base everything on the invoice price. The factory EPP and Affiliate numbers are also based on factory invoice.

Find the invoice price on your build to find out where to begin negotiating.

You can get invoice price at one if these sites.
NADA Guides - LINK
Car Connection - LINK
Yeah it is hard to get the timing right on everything. I am only a few weeks into my 60 day waiting period for PenFed's $1000.00 and crossing my fingers on the $1500 RAM cash. Right now my says it is good until Feb 3, 2021. I will be past 60 days with PenFed by then so hoping that gets me at least $2500 past the NADA invoice info. Plus I have a dealer that is willing to split the $1750 holdback, $1000 for me $750 for them. So wishful thinking here that I might be able to get about $3500.00 off.

baccigalup

Reaction score
My deal finalized. Will be picking up the truck tomorrow morning. It's not the greatest deal but hopefully this information will be helpful to others.

Ordered on 10/23/20 and arrived at the dealer on 11/30/20

Dealer: Hoblit Ram in Woodland CA
Truck: 2021 Ram Rebel
MSRP: $66,200
Negotiated price: $60,000
Rebate: $1500 (pop up cash bonus), $500 (military)
Weight fee: $154
License/Title: $737.75
Delivery fee: $85
Taxes: $5257.44
Down payment: $20000
Total amount financed: $44234.19

Will be financing with Chrysler Capital (0% for 60 months). I was hoping for the same incentives as November or better but it didn't happen lol. There are better deals out there but this deal is right for me due to location and the communication from the dealer.
So we are waiting for a report....

laramie4x4

Reaction score
I just bought a new 2021 Loaded Limited that stickered at $72,800 for $59,500...right at 18.3% off :D
Congrats! Can you provide some more details? A price break down and location would be helpful for other members. Thanks!

Hdm3

Reaction score
I think he means if that was /before/after rebates/tax,title and registration ect.

69Safari

Reaction score
I also always order exactly what I want from the factory. The vast majority of the public do not. Just knowing that during this frequent sales event anyone can walk in and get 5% below Invoice is a good bargaining tool.

I am currently ordering a new Limited and (after many, many emails) have found a local dealer willing to match my lowest offer. I had to get to the GM to do so.

7.4% Below Factory Invoice
17.2% Below MSRP
This before any rebates or incentives I might qualify for.

Get quotes from the dealers recommended on this thread and if you can't get locals to match consider a road trip or "fly and drive". At the very least you will have a good bargaining tool.

Contact the Sales, Internet, or Fleet Manager at your local dealership and see if they will match your best offer. If you can talk to the General Manager, even better.

If I could not get a local dealer to match I would have done the 800 mile round trip. At least you get to learn all about your new truck on the trip back.
This is very helpful, Silent Bob. I want to but a maxed out 2021 Limited Longhorn 1500 ($75K +) this month to my exact specs with no compromise. Obviously will have to order. Your 17.2% below MSRP would be wonderful. May I ask where you got that price? I'm just outside Austin, Texas but can fly and drive.

blue tom

Reaction score
This is very helpful, Silent Bob. I want to but a maxed out 2021 Limited Longhorn 1500 ($75K +) this month to my exact specs with no compromise. Obviously will have to order. Your 17.2% below MSRP would be wonderful. May I ask where you got that price? I'm just outside Austin, Texas but can fly and drive.

I had trouble making any real headway with Austin area dealers when I was shopping in January. My sales rep at Covert really dragged his feet and ultimately drew the line at a pretty high number. I think Bluebonnet down in New Braunfels is one of the highest volume dealers nearby, so they're worth calling. Just never had the inventory I was looking for. I had good conversations with folks in Boerne and I think Sealy, too, but again just didn't have the truck I was looking for.

I don't have the patience to order from the factory, so I can't offer much help with that. I ended up finding a great truck without too many compromises for a totally unbeatable price at an Autonation dealer in Ft. Worth of all places. I'm quite happy with my 2020 Longhorn nearly a year later. Good luck!

HAL9001

Reaction score
NJ and NY dealers all suck and wouldnt come close to invoice to even match koons or criswell....they would rather pass up a sale if they cant make some money.....dont forget theres a 2k holdback they are getting regardless....plenty of room for them to bargain.....i even found some that balked at affiliate pricing...so screw them.
This is what I'm seeing in Northern New England. I'm in my 60's and I've purchased more vehicles than I can remember. I'm a tough negotiator and I can usually get a great deal. Not so with RAM dealers here. The tactic that they all use around my area is to offer one single quote, which is usually invoice or close to it. All bargaining ends there. If you bring up Koons or Criswell's prices, or other great prices being reported here, they all cry fake news, it can't be done, we all pay the same invoice price. If you then show them the proof, they get angry, or pretend to get angry, and then cut off all further communication so you can't negotiate or even talk to them anymore. To protect their high profits, they would all rather lose a sale rather than have someone report that they can get better a price in this area.

Sure, I can buy from Koons or Criswell but I prefer to buy locally to help support jobs in my community. And then you have to deal with getting the vehicle serviced. The one time I didn't buy locally, I had a dealer refuse to help when I had an issue because I didn't buy from them. I had to complain to the mfgr which did no good and then had to travel 90 miles to a different dealer each time I had something go wrong. And then I couldn't get a loaner vehicle if the problem took longer than a day to fix because that was reserved primarily for people who purchased from the servicing dealer.

Buying a RAM is the biggest hassle I've had with purchasing any vehicle. If you can get a great deal locally, count yourself very lucky, and support the dealer that gave you a great price because a lot of us have no such opportunity.

njt07

Reaction score
Well I bought It! Now to read through the massive owners manual.

2021 Limited Hemi Etorque
MSRP: $74,295 <— includes destination fee
INVOICE from NADA: $67,874

Discounts:
Employee Pricing Plus: $9,330
Retail Cash: $1000
Military: $500
FCA Finance (minimum financed): $500
FCA Popup Cash incentive (?): $1500
Dealer Discount: $965
TOTAL: $13,795

Discounted out the door price with TTL: $60,500

Trade-in: $11,500

Out the door: $49,000

Got Mopar maxcare 8Year, 100k, $200 deductible (and 7 years oil changes supposedly from mopar but 2 per year...): $2,573
— are these oil change credits or whatever you call them really accepted at all CDJR service centers??

Percentage off MSRP before trade and TTL: 18.57%
Percentage off NADA Invoice: 10.86%

baccigalup

Reaction score
Well I bought It! Now to read through the massive owners manual.

2021 Limited Hemi Etorque
MSRP: $74,295 <— includes destination fee
INVOICE from NADA: $67,874

Discounts:
Employee Pricing Plus: $9,330
Retail Cash: $1000
Military: $500
FCA Finance (minimum financed): $500
FCA Popup Cash incentive (?): $1500
Dealer Discount: $965
TOTAL: $13,795

Discounted out the door price with TTL: $60,500

Trade-in: $11,500

Out the door: $49,000

Got Mopar maxcare 8Year, 100k, $200 deductible (and 7 years oil changes supposedly from mopar but 2 per year...): $2,573
— are these oil change credits or whatever you call them really accepted at all CDJR service centers??

Percentage off MSRP before trade and TTL: 18.57%
Percentage off NADA Invoice: 10.86%
Great deal congrats, so you got cash bonus and ram popup.? Dont tell us you got zero percent too
Where did you buy from?
How were out of state taxes calculated?

I am getting mine in two days. Plan on not doing the extended warranty until next year to save some cash and sure its a keeper

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Great deal congrats, so you got cash bonus and ram popup.? Dont tell us you got zero percent too
Where did you buy from?

I am getting mine in two days. Plan on not doing the extended warranty until next year to save some cash and sure its a keeper
Can’t get 0% if you get incentives.

BigD

Reaction score
I'm glad I bought my truck last April. I've noticed record low inventories because of covid-19. Prices have remained high with very little rebates here in Minnesota. Glad I didn't wait until now to buy like I was originally going to do. The dealership I bought from had 45 Bighorns last April. Now they only got 15 !! Crazy low inventory. No night editions left at all !

njt07

Reaction score
Where did you buy from?

I got the warranty cause I’m a pushover... lol. The finance manager kinda threw out the extended warranty at the end expecting me to reject it. I asked if he could match Zeigler’s price of $2075 (with our forum discount). He said best the he could do was $2576, but he’d throw in 7 years of oil changes (2 per year) good at any CDJR service center. I’m really hoping I didnt get screwed cause I’ve never heard of that part (the oil changes) but as long as its true its worth $700-ish.

Financing rate was 2.98% through FCA. Bought it through Meador CDJR in Fort Worth, Texas and worked with a guy named Adan and the sales manager Jay. Both great guys that stayed till almost 9pm to finish the sale (the day had some hiccups...). Texas state taxes are 6.5%.

finance manager said I can pay off the finance bit after the 1st bill. He said the dealership may have to pay $200 but no biggie, which makes me suspicious that I didnt get the best possible deal, just one I’m happy with.

Also the $1k was national retail cash, the pop up was $1500. I gave them an out the door price both before and after my trade in. After a small bit of haggling (didnt realize my tire were getting low on wear) they met my price. Granted my trade-in is in REALLY good shape and low mileage (84k) for a 2012.

This helped me a lot to keep straight on all the numbers they were throwing around.
https://5thgenrams.com/community/th...help-comparison-shop-prices.25876/post-369243

Last edited:

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I think he means if that was /before/after rebates/tax,title and registration ect.
Got it. I'll try to use the same format as @njt07 did:

2021 Limited Hemi eTorque 4X4 Night Edition
MSRP: $72,800 (includes destination fee)
INVOICE: $66,510

DISCOUNTS:
Employee Pricing Plus: $9,157
Additional Dealer Discount: $4,143
Total Discount: $13,300

Discounted Price: $59,500

Trade-In of 2019 RAM Limited: $48,000

Out the Door including TTT and all Fees: $14,117.10

Percentage off MSRP before trade and TTL: 18.3%
Percent off Invoice: 10.54%

RAM2021.JPG

Last edited:

laramie4x4

Reaction score
This is what I'm seeing in Northern New England. I'm in my 60's and I've purchased more vehicles than I can remember. I'm a tough negotiator and I can usually get a great deal. Not so with RAM dealers here. The tactic that they all use around my area is to offer one single quote, which is usually invoice or close to it. All bargaining ends there. If you bring up Koons or Criswell's prices, or other great prices being reported here, they all cry fake news, it can't be done, we all pay the same invoice price. If you then show them the proof, they get angry, or pretend to get angry, and then cut off all further communication so you can't negotiate or even talk to them anymore. To protect their high profits, they would all rather lose a sale rather than have someone report that they can get better a price in this area.

Sure, I can buy from Koons or Criswell but I prefer to buy locally to help support jobs in my community. And then you have to deal with getting the vehicle serviced. The one time I didn't buy locally, I had a dealer refuse to help when I had an issue because I didn't buy from them. I had to complain to the mfgr which did no good and then had to travel 90 miles to a different dealer each time I had something go wrong. And then I couldn't get a loaner vehicle if the problem took longer than a day to fix because that was reserved primarily for people who purchased from the servicing dealer.

Buying a RAM is the biggest hassle I've had with purchasing any vehicle. If you can get a great deal locally, count yourself very lucky, and support the dealer that gave you a great price because a lot of us have no such opportunity.
are you sure you want to support a business like that just because it's local? Jokes aside, I haven't been able to find anything below invoice here in CT either.

LarsCA

Reaction score
Has anyone just gone to the Ramtrucks website and built a truck there? I'm getting some good prices, and I can get the equipment I want (Ramboxes, why are they so hard to find?).

Users who are viewing this thread