5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

emings

Reaction score
The Chrysler rates are terrible. 4-5% is what they offer. I went to my credit union 2.99% and let FCA keep their $500. The issue is that the FCA financial arm is Santander, a subprime lender. They offer higher rates because people buying these trucks have bad credit or are ignorant to what a good rate is. If the rebate is big enough some people will finance through FCA and refinance again after.
Even 4-5% isnt bad

iLikeTurtles

Reaction score
Local credit unions had 1.99% for 60mo and under, 2.24% for 72mo and 3.4% for 84mo+.

All auto manufacturers generslly take 'current bank/credit union rate' and add 2-3%.

The only way one might consider it worth it for going through dealer or manufacturer financing is if you refinance in 90 days. I do not trust rates enough to want to save $500 that bad though.

I actually had a dealer offer to match the credit union rate as the dealer generally has better rates through their preferred bank which would allow them to get a kickback.

Edit: after knowing more about these rates I would not nake a deal over 4.5% interest, especially if its 72mo+. When you finance 50k+ thats literally an extra 3k+ over the term of the loan.
I have had Local banks offer personal loans with no collateral for around 7%.

However, How many people remember when when mortgages were 15%+ though? It could always get worse.

Fishwiz

Reaction score
I took an FCA loan to get a $2500 discount. I think some of this is from FCA, and the rest is from the dealer adding incentive in order to reach their target number of loans to receive the kickback they're looking for. I will pay off the remainder of the loan in a few months.

The rate is 2.99%, which isn't much worse than I could get through my bank or local credit union.

In general I think dealer financing should be avoided, but if you can save some cash and deal with the hassle of refi or early payoff, it is often worth the deal.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

AK103

Reaction score
I hate to beat the Tread Lightly program details to death, but I'm seeing, and hearing, differing details on it. I have FCA Affiliates with my company, which provides for 1% below invoice, as a starting point. I'm also a member of Sam's Club, Costco, USAA and AAA. The Tread Lightly program states that they are FCA Affiliates for 1% below invoice. Is the tread Lightly program exactly the same as my company program?

The reason I ask this is because I spoke with a dealer that was telling me that the Tread Lightly program will provide me the best available discount as it's better than my Affiliates. I asked if it is the same as those I mentioned above, and was told that it's best for me to join Tread Lightly, wait the 30 days and I'll get the best deal out there.

I don't understand that, unless the 1% Tread Lightly is stacked on top of all other discounts, before rebates. It seems like Koon's and Lakeland Dodge are stacking it on top. So I'm listing numbers based an example on a vehicle I'm looking at is below:

2021 Rebel Crew Cab 4x4:
MSRP - $59,135
Invoice - $55,504
1% less - $54,949
Employee Price for all at 5% below invoice - $52,729
Local rebates in SE ($2000) - $50,729
Additional rebates I'm eligible for - ??

So, based on these numbers, the employee pricing appears to give the greatest combined discount and rebates of about 14.5% from MSRP.

But, I've seen people talking about getting 7% below invoice ($51,619 in this example) before the rebate of $2000 for the Southeast, totaling $49,619.

Is the 7% made up of 5% employee price for all, 1% Tread Lightly and another 1% from something else? Are dealers stacking Tread Lightly? I'm trying to understand if there's value for me to join Tread Lightly to get an additional 1%, or is it the exact same as my company Affiliate at 1%.

I apologize for the long post, but I need to understand this, and it may help others.

I can't speak for the other dealerships but the dealership I ordered from (Lakeland) adds the 1% from tread lightly to the 6% they offer off invoice pricing.
Which in my scenario was right under 15% off MSRP.
(Note this is before any applicable rebates and incentives at the time of delivery)

This pricing has nothing to do with the current employee pricing fca is running.

I have not be able to find any other dealership offering 7% off invoice or willing to match that in Florida or elsewhere.
Hope the helps.

AK103

Reaction score
I took an FCA loan to get a $2500 discount. I think some of this is from FCA, and the rest is from the dealer adding incentive in order to reach their target number of loans to receive the kickback they're looking for. I will pay off the remainder of the loan in a few months.

The rate is 2.99%, which isn't much worse than I could get through my bank or local credit union.

In general I think dealer financing should be avoided, but if you can save some cash and deal with the hassle of refi or early payoff, it is often worth the deal.

2.99 is amazing. That's credit union rates.

What was the term if you don't mind me asking? 36 months?

Fishwiz

Reaction score
2.99 is amazing. That's credit union rates.

What was the term if you don't mind me asking? 36 months?
I believe it's 72 months (I know... Crazy), and I was not allowed to choose a shorter term. No prepayment penalty though. I forgot the actual term because I'll pay it off in less much than I year.

Also, they allowed you to put $10,000 down at most, or since my trade was more than $10k, I couldn't put more cash down on top of the trade value.

The gentleman's agreement is that I should pay the regularly scheduled payment for 6 payments before putting additional lump sums of cash down, paying it off, or refinancing it. There are no teeth to those terms. I plan to honor that agreement since it's costing me virtually nothing compared to a loan somewhere else.

DjRebel

Reaction score
I got a 1000 bonus..about a week and half ago...i wonder how they pick them..was i last on the list for olds discounts??? Im gonna research that one. I got the rqm bonus plus a 500 bonus from work discounts plus there is 250 bonusdrive bonus.....ill take them all.
How does one get on a list to receive these email bonuses?

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

AxileAspen

Reaction score
How does one get on a list to receive these email bonuses?

Just go to Ram's website. I went yesterday and got a popup on the screen that let me sign up for one and immediately got a $1500 bonus cash email sent to me.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-23 at 9.04.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-23 at 9.04.14 PM.png
    356.6 KB · Views: 43

ramtruck89

Reaction score
Just go to Ram's website. I went yesterday and got a popup on the screen that let me sign up for one and immediately got a $1500 bonus cash email sent to me.
Anyone used one of these on an ordered truck? I ordered mine a couple weeks ago and should come in before this expires. Would be great if can add this to my already negotiated price.

Grouper

Reaction score
Anyone used one of these on an ordered truck? I ordered mine a couple weeks ago and should come in before this expires. Would be great if can add this to my already negotiated price.

I didn't read anything in the offer that would imply an exclusion for ordered trucks. My truck is in shipping and I fully intend to use the $1500 rebate.

FYI, I tried both Chrome and Edge browsers on my PC with pop-up and ad-blockers turned off and could not get the offer to appear. I tried on my Android phone using the Chrome browser and was successful.

Does anyone have a link to information regarding the conquest rebates? My current truck is a 2010 Silverado. I've Googled and the only thing I could find was a single reference to 2014 and newer competing brand vehicles.

I'd like to have my ducks-in-a-row because I'm doing a fly-n-drive from Florida to Koons. I really wish I'd known about the Lakeland dealer three weeks earlier but that ship has sailed.

DjRebel

Reaction score
I didn't read anything in the offer that would imply an exclusion for ordered trucks. My truck is in shipping and I fully intend to use the $1500 rebate.

FYI, I tried both Chrome and Edge browsers on my PC with pop-up and ad-blockers turned off and could not get the offer to appear. I tried on my Android phone using the Chrome browser and was successful.

Does anyone have a link to information regarding the conquest rebates? My current truck is a 2010 Silverado. I've Googled and the only thing I could find was a single reference to 2014 and newer competing brand vehicles.

I'd like to have my ducks-in-a-row because I'm doing a fly-n-drive from Florida to Koons. I really wish I'd known about the Lakeland dealer three weeks earlier but that ship has sailed.
Thank you! It took a few tries but got it to work.

dartbrooks

Reaction score
If I want to ask the dealership for free floor mats or a bed liner to finalize a sale on a custom ordered truck, should I do so before ordering or when I pick up the truck after it arrives from the factory?

emings

Reaction score
If I want to ask the dealership for free floor mats or a bed liner to finalize a sale on a custom ordered truck, should I do so before ordering or when I pick up the truck after it arrives from the factory?
Make your requests known now...get it out of the way

imolar

Reaction score

I just dealt with that on my '21 with both the dealership and Chrysler incentives. As of a couple of weeks ago it was only available on 2020s.

Silent Bob

Reaction score
Definitely before. Everything should be worked out before. The exception being rebates/incentives that can not be applied until you actually buy the truck.

Grouper

Reaction score
I just dealt with that on my '21 with both the dealership and Chrysler incentives. As of a couple of weeks ago it was only available on 2020s.

To be clear, you're saying the conquest rebate was only offered to those buying a model year 2020?

imolar

Reaction score
To be clear, you're saying the conquest rebate was only offered to those buying a model year 2020?
Yes, sorry, I should've said conquest. Just was getting ready to edit and saw your reply! And I don't think conquest varies by zip code but in case it does, that was for the Seattle area.

heelz

Reaction score
I can't logon to Tread Lightly website to view membership, options, etc. Is anyone else having this issue?

Grouper

Reaction score
Yes, sorry, I should've said conquest. Just was getting ready to edit and saw your reply! And I don't think conquest varies by zip code but in case it does, that was for the Seattle area.
Well that sucks.

Thanks very much for the info.

imolar

Reaction score
Well that sucks.

Thanks very much for the info.
Welcome. Definitely check into though. I called the Ram incentive number twice with them saying no go on the '21's and when the dealer checked the rebates via my VIN, everything was there but conquest. He even called and of course got the same answer so....

Users who are viewing this thread