5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

slatersan

Reaction score
Destination charges are typically not negotiable. In fact, even customers who arrange to take delivery of a vehicle at the factory are expected to pay the full destination charge. You should obviously not be charged for it twice however. It is already included in both the MSRP and Factory Invoice (FWP) price.

The destination charge is the same for a particular vehicle no matter where the dealership is located (with the exception of Alaska and Hawaii in some instances). That's because manufacturers average the cost to ship a vehicle from the factory to the furthest dealership with the cost to ship a vehicle from the factory to the closest dealership. Some manufacturers do this for each model; others average costs across an entire make.

Destination charges are taxable, so the destination charge is added to the price of the vehicle before sales tax is calculated.
The issue is that destination is included in MSRP. It's outlined on the window sticker. Some dealers then give a big discount, but charge freight/destination as a separate line item, either charging the freight twice ( rolled into msrp AND as a separate line item), or effectively giving a smaller discount than they state. It's sixes...and shady.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Need to be a Pen Fed member for 60 days, then you fill an online form for a code for $1k off. Bonus Drive is $250 now. Been 6 weeks and haven't received mine yet.
I have had the Membership already. I was on their website today and the Bonus Drive stated $500.

Malodave

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the best place to ask but has anyone gotten any financial rates from Chrysler? I’m taking delivery within 2 weeks and want to be ready. I have a pre-approval Im just wondering if I should look at another bank also. My score is around 730. I’m driving 5hrs so I don’t want to feel rushed while I’m there. Don’t want to waste my hard credit hit for $500 incentives if they are going to be around 4-5%
Just refinance a couple weeks after taking delivery. The dealer will also probably default to 84 months without even telling you, which is an even higher rate.

kp_ram2019

Reaction score
Ok guys....here the deal I am getting. Please let me know your thoughts.
specs
2020 4x4 Laramie
Night/black appearance
Level 2 equip
Advanced safety group
Rambox
Power running board
Panoramic sunroof
12in Ucoomnect
Bed utility group
Trailer brake control
33 gallon fuel tank
3.92 gear

MSRP: 67360
Discounted Price: 54992 (includes rebates)
OTD: 58900 (including TTL, doc etc)

Kazoo

Reaction score
specs
2020 4x4 Laramie
Night/black appearance
Level 2 equip
Advanced safety group
Rambox
Power running board
Panoramic sunroof
12in Ucoomnect
Bed utility group
Trailer brake control
33 gallon fuel tank
3.92 gear

What are the rebates, and what did the dealer take off the MSRP?

Kazoo

Reaction score
Wow, only $1,500.... Ouch... What was invoice on the truck, if you came some what close it seems like a good deal..

kp_ram2019

Reaction score
Wow, only $1,500.... Ouch... What was invoice on the truck, if you came some what close it seems like a good deal..
Believe invoice was $62k. I am trying to see what other incentives are out there right now but not much is available besides the 1500

AK103

Reaction score

I mean ... $1500 is the only incentives out for Laramie and Limited.
It's higher on big horns ...

htownbrewer

Reaction score
specs
2020 4x4 Laramie
Night/black appearance
Level 2 equip
Advanced safety group
Rambox
Power running board
Panoramic sunroof
12in Ucoomnect
Bed utility group
Trailer brake control
33 gallon fuel tank
3.92 gear

OTD: 58900 (including TTL, doc etc

Looks like you are going to be around 18% off MSRP before TTL, which is a good deal, especially with only $1500 in incentives.

laramie4x4

Reaction score
Ah lol, I meant online without having to deal with a dealer first
for RAM 1500 it's about 9% off MSRP give or take. It's not public info - it's the invoice price the dealer "pays" FCA to buy the truck supposedly

Keezer

Reaction score
specs
2020 4x4 Laramie
Night/black appearance
Level 2 equip
Advanced safety group
Rambox
Power running board
Panoramic sunroof
12in Ucoomnect
Bed utility group
Trailer brake control
33 gallon fuel tank
3.92 gear

Your about at EP with that deal, our 2020 Laramie night everything but power boards and rambox 52250 IIRC, OTD 57200 (65,700 msrp), you're good for these times.

emings

Reaction score
specs
2020 4x4 Laramie
Night/black appearance
Level 2 equip
Advanced safety group
Rambox
Power running board
Panoramic sunroof
12in Ucoomnect
Bed utility group
Trailer brake control
33 gallon fuel tank
3.92 gear

That's a good deal take it

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I hate to beat the Tread Lightly program details to death, but I'm seeing, and hearing, differing details on it. I have FCA Affiliates with my company, which provides for 1% below invoice, as a starting point. I'm also a member of Sam's Club, Costco, USAA and AAA. The Tread Lightly program states that they are FCA Affiliates for 1% below invoice. Is the tread Lightly program exactly the same as my company program?

The reason I ask this is because I spoke with a dealer that was telling me that the Tread Lightly program will provide me the best available discount as it's better than my Affiliates. I asked if it is the same as those I mentioned above, and was told that it's best for me to join Tread Lightly, wait the 30 days and I'll get the best deal out there.

I don't understand that, unless the 1% Tread Lightly is stacked on top of all other discounts, before rebates. It seems like Koon's and Lakeland Dodge are stacking it on top. So I'm listing numbers based an example on a vehicle I'm looking at is below:

2021 Rebel Crew Cab 4x4:
MSRP - $59,135
Invoice - $55,504
1% less - $54,949
Employee Price for all at 5% below invoice - $52,729
Local rebates in SE ($2000) - $50,729
Additional rebates I'm eligible for - ??

So, based on these numbers, the employee pricing appears to give the greatest combined discount and rebates of about 14.5% from MSRP.

But, I've seen people talking about getting 7% below invoice ($51,619 in this example) before the rebate of $2000 for the Southeast, totaling $49,619.

Is the 7% made up of 5% employee price for all, 1% Tread Lightly and another 1% from something else? Are dealers stacking Tread Lightly? I'm trying to understand if there's value for me to join Tread Lightly to get an additional 1%, or is it the exact same as my company Affiliate at 1%.

I apologize for the long post, but I need to understand this, and it may help others.

Mike7311

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the best place to ask but has anyone gotten any financial rates from Chrysler? I’m taking delivery within 2 weeks and want to be ready. I have a pre-approval Im just wondering if I should look at another bank also. My score is around 730. I’m driving 5hrs so I don’t want to feel rushed while I’m there. Don’t want to waste my hard credit hit for $500 incentives if they are going to be around 4-5%
The Chrysler rates are terrible. 4-5% is what they offer. I went to my credit union 2.99% and let FCA keep their $500. The issue is that the FCA financial arm is Santander, a subprime lender. They offer higher rates because people buying these trucks have bad credit or are ignorant to what a good rate is. If the rebate is big enough some people will finance through FCA and refinance again after.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online