5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Wch_chip

Reaction score
Nice job
Question though, I've seen quite a few people buying Laramies with MSRP in the mid $65's. That's Limited money, what's on a Laramie at that cost that makes so much and chosen over a Limited or Longhorn?
For me it was because I needed a bench seat.

Peppy

Reaction score
Hey there. Just switched over from an 07 chevy to a 20' laramie Crew cab with 6'4" bed, etorque motor. So far so good but, lets find out, no one made fun of dodge more than ne over the years and here i am.

My deal - MSRP was 52,210, negotiated price was 39,378 USD. New truck, im thinking it had just been there awhile.

Attachments

• 20201016_153215~2.jpg
    20201016_153215~2.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 33

Ram1500OwnerMaybe

Reaction score
When ordering, do you have to give a deposit?
From reading this thread, some people mentioning either they opted not to buy it or the dealer sold it.
I thought when ordering, the vehicle is delivered with your name on the sheet.

If I e-mail a few dealers and find one who will give me the best price on the order, will I have to leave a deposit?
If no, and while waiting a great deal appears at some other dealership is it possible to purchase the other vehicle and tell the dealership who ordered the vehicle to go ahead and sell it?

iLikeTurtles

Reaction score
From reading this thread, some people mentioning either they opted not to buy it or the dealer sold it.

If I e-mail a few dealers and find one who will give me the best price on the order, will I have to leave a deposit?
If no, and while waiting a great deal appears at some other dealership is it possible to purchase the other vehicle and tell the dealership who ordered the vehicle to go ahead and sell it?

From what I hear your sale price is subject to change depending on when its delivered and incentives.

Also, your trade in value if you have one will change from now to two month delivery time.

Ram1500OwnerMaybe

Reaction score
From what I hear your sale price is subject to change depending on when its delivered and incentives.

Also, your trade in value if you have one will change from now to two month delivery time.

What about having to leave a deposit? Is that mandatory?
Also, if the price of the truck is as good as expected, do you still have to buy?

Peppy

Reaction score
Yes you would have to leave a deposit, typically if you choose not to buy it they try and keep that money so you would need good reason. Possible you could apply it to a different purchase.

My grandfather ordered a bottom end f150, and on delivery it rolled sideways off the truck.

So he declined to sign for that. They ended up giving him an upgraded one after trying to tell him to pay the difference they gave it to him at the original cost of his ordered truck.

Wch_chip

Reaction score
What about having to leave a deposit? Is that mandatory?
Also, if the price of the truck is as good as expected, do you still have to buy?

Most require a deposit. Sometimes it's refundable sometimes not it just depends on the dealer.

Ram1500OwnerMaybe

Reaction score
Bob Cline @ Zeigler is offering the best price on the Mopar Protection Plan (ESP).
Promo code "PAYINFULL" gets you $365 off the listed internet price.

Why does the price vary by state?
Using the same data but only changing states and there is a $1,000 difference based on state.

baccigalup

Reaction score

I ordered from koons and signed over a grand deposit non refundable..probably along with several others in this thread...if they cant deliver i would hope they do the right thing. I had one dealer tell me he had no problem ordering it and if i didnt want it he would just sell it anyway so he required no money down..but he couldnt match koons price. I dont know any other dealer who works no deposit on a new order .

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey there. Just switched over from an 07 chevy to a 20' laramie Crew cab with 6'4" bed, etorque motor. So far so good but, lets find out, no one made fun of dodge more than ne over the years and here i am.

My deal - MSRP was 52,210, negotiated price was 39,378 USD. New truck, im thinking it had just been there awhile.

That is a great deal. I’m hoping that I can find something similar here in the south jersey area in the north east. Now that I’m finally in the market and actively looking at rams, I don’t mind buying a 2020 for the right price.

To add...im just trying to relax and try to get the best deal. Should I wait until November/December or pull the trigger on something now because the options I want are available...and might not be there later.

I’ve never drove a crew cab with a 6-4 bed. How long is that sucker? I’ve always had either a quad with a 6-4bed or a crew cab and 5-7 bed. Is it that much longer?

Used to own a Ram 1500, Current owner of a Dodge Charger scat pack

Last edited:

slatersan

Reaction score
That is a great deal. I’m hoping that I can find something similar here in the south jersey area in the north east. Now that I’m finally in the market and actively looking at rams, I don’t mind buying a 2020 for the right price.

To add...im just trying to relax and try to get the best deal. Should I wait until November/December or pull the trigger on something now because the options I want are available...and might not be there later.

I’ve never drove a crew cab with a 6-4 bed. How long is that sucker? I’ve always had either a quad with a 6-4bed or a crew cab and 5-7 bed. Is it that much longer?

It's 9" longer.

Peppy

Reaction score

No, its just a tad longer than my silverado extended cab with the 6'6" bed. Its really not that bad. Rides like a cloud though, we'll see what happens off road later on this winter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/