5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

SparksNVRebel

Reaction score
Picked her up tonight. Here are the numbers...

MSRP - $65,150
Discount - $9,881
Rebate - $3,500
Mopar accessories - $415
Adjusted Price - $52,184
Trade Allowance - $5,500

Total OTD with TTT.......$48,857

20.53% for a Laramie. I was not allowed to use quite a few rebates including the email coupon from RAM ($1k), Truecar rebate ($500), Affiliate Reward ($600). They used my Penfed discount and said it canceled the others. Will contact Chrysler to see if they were right. Very happy either way and the dealership here in Rockville, Maryland is great to work with. Give Omar, at DARCARS Chrysler of Rockville, a call and he will take care of you.
Was this a build or picked from their lot?

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

MSRP - $65,150
Discount - $9,881
Rebate - $3,500
Mopar accessories - $415
Adjusted Price - $52,184
Trade Allowance - $5,500

20.53% for a Laramie. I was not allowed to use quite a few rebates including the email coupon from RAM ($1k), Truecar rebate ($500), Affiliate Reward ($600). They used my Penfed discount and said it canceled the others. Will contact Chrysler to see if they were right. Very happy either way and the dealership here in Rockville, Maryland is great to work with. Give Omar, at DARCARS Chrysler of Rockville, a call and he will take care of you.

Nice job
Question though, I've seen quite a few people buying Laramies with MSRP in the mid $65's. That's Limited money, what's on a Laramie at that cost that makes so much and chosen over a Limited or Longhorn?

iLikeTurtles

Reaction score
Nice job
Question though, I've seen quite a few people buying Laramies with MSRP in the mid $65's. That's Limited money, what's on a Laramie at that cost that makes so much and chosen over a Limited or Longhorn?

By the time I added ASG, level 2, Pano roof and small knick knacks the laramie was at 62k msrp. For an extra 3k msrp i got air ride, the better head lights, Nicer interior, better rims and the bed utility group.

Laramies at that much are a hard sell to me, i agree.

jamaicanbro1

Reaction score
Nice job
Limited isn't offered in a quad cab so had to go with Laramie.

Desdemona

Reaction score

MSRP - $65,150
Discount - $9,881
Rebate - $3,500
Mopar accessories - $415
Adjusted Price - $52,184
Trade Allowance - $5,500

Nice deal and great configs! Congratulations! Wondering if this is 20' or 21'?

baccigalup

Reaction score
Nice job
I went with a loaded laramie sans air. Dont like air suspension. Night edition added alot of cost. I still need to add my own tonnau and rustproofing. Right now im at about 66 otd.....hoping the rebates are good at delivery time. Spoiled with leather and want the passive entry for fishing. This will probably be my last big car. If i get ten years out of it ill be close to 70 and probably wont spend that much on a truck in retirement. For now its this or a girlfriend and my wife said buy the car......

Reaction score
I have been dicking around for the past 2 months, looking to get into a well equipped rebel (leather, u12, added bonus for ram box and split tailgate). I do also have a broker on Manheim auctions but even there, the well equipped rebels are going for 45k. Is there any hope that in Nov/Dec 20% off MSRP aka getting OTD at 45k on rebels might happen (either 2020/2021 rebs)?

Id be willing to travel well outside my current area (where inventory is slim).

Last edited:

TaterRam

Reaction score
I have been dicking around for the past 2 months, looking to get into a well equipped rebel (leather, u12, added bonus for ram box and split tailgate). I do also have a broker on Manheim auctions but even there, the well equipped rebels are going for 45k. Is there any hope that in Nov/Dec 20% off MSRP aka getting OTD at 45k on rebels might happen (either 2020/2021 rebs)?

Id be willing to travel well outside my current area (where inventory is slim).

Of course depends on state/area but to get to $45k OTD with 20% off, that seems more like base Rebel territory (52k range). The well equipped ones I've seen (~$62k) would need to be hit about 30% off MSRP to get somewhat close to $45 OTD. I don't see that happening.

Just saying that since I have been on a similar hunt. I keep checking used and they are anywhere from 48k-51k.

jastevenson

Reaction score
Nice job

I also bought a loaded Laramie with a price approaching that of a Limited. I love the Limited interior and would have liked the better headlights. However, did not want the potential air suspension reliability issues. I also prefer 18” wheels. If there was a Limited w/o air though, I might have gotten that.

BowDown

Reaction score
By the time I added ASG, level 2, Pano roof and small knick knacks the laramie was at 62k msrp. For an extra 3k msrp i got air ride, the better head lights, Nicer interior, better rims and the bed utility group.

Laramies at that much are a hard sell to me, i agree.

Similar for me but I was looking at a longhorn and a Laramie. By the time I added everything in, I had exceeded the Limited's MSRP and on the Longhorn, still didnt have air ride.

BowDown

Reaction score
I also bought a loaded Laramie with a price approaching that of a Limited. I love the Limited interior and would have liked the better headlights. However, did not want the potential air suspension reliability issues. I also prefer 18” wheels. If there was a Limited w/o air though, I might have gotten that.

It was an option on 19's, standard on 2020's. I wanted the 20" wheels but had a extremely hard time finding a truck with the Indigo interior and 20"s so I have 22's. My hope with air ride is that its been out long enough that I hope FCA has the bugs worked out, its not new

iLikeTurtles

Reaction score
Only reason i was OK with air ride was: Aftermarket 100k bumper to bumper warranty can been haggled for dealer cost almost every time and was only $1.2k.

I anticipate problems so spending 1/60th the cost of the truck on another 64k mileage bumper to bumper i thought is worth it.

BowDown

Reaction score
Only reason i was OK with air ride was: Aftermarket 100k bumper to bumper warranty can been haggled for dealer cost almost every time and was only $1.2k.

I anticipate problems so spending 1/60th the cost of the truck on another 64k mileage bumper to bumper i thought is worth it.

Yeah, I dont expect problems but I do intend to buy the extended factory warranty before I'm out of coverage

EJ84

Reaction score
Where are you guys finding the best prices on warranty’s?

BowDown

Reaction score

BowDown

Reaction score
Has anybody tried carshield?

I dont want to give the dealer any reason not to do the work, some of these third party warranty companies hassle the dealer or slow pay making the dealer not want to do work on vehicles with those warranties

Users who are viewing this thread