5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

RRRAAAAMMMM2020

Reaction score
Anyone have a recent purchase in Canada for dealer cost or below? If so, can you provide the salesman/dealership? Considering a purchase a 2020/2021 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel

RamMe

Reaction score
It was Bayway in Houston. This is where I bought a Laramie. They also have a demo Limited with more than 5K miles $68K MSRP. If you are in the market for Limited they can give you good discount. Do not forget to mention me so I get my referral check from them :)
What was the price on the demo Limited? I might be interested.

DSPS

Reaction score
$500 FCA BONUS CASH OFFERS

Are these offers emailed and mailed out transferable? I received these frequently, but I’m not in the market for a vehicle now... I have a 19’ 1500 already. Possibly someone could use it, if they are transferable.
ca482037e08f5d03b4b0ec4e78c7ab99.jpg

imolar

Reaction score
Hate to beg or sound greedy, lol, but I could use it if they are transferrable. Will have to try and find out.

DSPS

Reaction score
Hate to beg or sound greedy, lol, but I could use it if they are transferrable. Will have to try and find out.

Pm me your email and I’ll forward the offer.. it not going to hurt trying to use it. The worse they can say is no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtmgtz

Reaction score
I got one from Chrysler today so I'm sure the terms are the same. Not transferable to anyone outside the household.

Valid for the person named on certificate and transferrable only to immediate family members within the same household (requires proof of address via government-issued identification). Certificate must be presented to dealer at time of purchase or lease.

Powerslave

Reaction score
New to the forum. Been trolling for a while trying to absorb info. Great site.

I have the option to buy a 2020 Laramie with 19.2% off MSRP with little to no effort to get there.. Its a more optioned truck than I would probably order but really close to it and its late in the year to order a truck. Order can still be done (through a different dealer) I am told but that dealer doesn't communicate well and wants to rope me to coming in. Wondering if I can get TrueCar coupon and any other rebates to decrease the cost even further in short order? Would need to purchase ASAP. Thoughts? Thank you in advance.

Fishwiz

Reaction score
Others will have more to add in sure, but that's a pretty good discount % on a Laramie... If it's a truck (specific options) that you want. It's never good to get a "good deal" on a truck you don't want.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Powerslave

Reaction score
Others will have more to add in sure, but that's a pretty good discount % on a Laramie... If it's a truck (specific options) that you want. It's never good to get a "good deal" on a truck you don't want.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Agreed. It has all I want and then some. 3.92 rear - I was looking for 3.21 is my only real hangup. (dont want to start that debate here again...)

iLikeTurtles

Reaction score
Agreed. It has all I want and then some. 3.92 rear - I was looking for 3.21 is my only real hangup. (dont want to start that debate here again...)
I wanted a bighorn and ended up with a limited. Deals will jump at you eventually. Hopefully. Maybe.

I would advise the 3.92s unless you run highway 80%+ of the time. I run highway ~30% of the time with 3.21s and aversge 13.8-14.5mpg. If i had 3.92s i believe I would get better with all the around town driving. Look, you started the debate.

lordbtowne

Reaction score
Hey Everyone, looking to get into a 2020 Rebel and wanted some opinions on my first pass today with the local dealership here in Denver.

2020 Rebel, 5.7L loaded with options, according to Car Gurus they’ve had the car for 49 days. Not really the configuration I want but want to know where my options are when negotiating below invoice. I asked for 20% off MSRP and that’s when they showed me this invoice, took $500 off and the deal stopped at $61,485.

Are most using rebates or incentives to get below the invoice price? Looking for any tactics other than playing the waiting game with the dealership. Attaching the window sticker for reference.

Thanks!

Attachments

• E7583F4B-EDC2-44CB-B238-A7BCA5CDA0DA.jpeg
    E7583F4B-EDC2-44CB-B238-A7BCA5CDA0DA.jpeg
    152.3 KB · Views: 76
  • BA869E2E-355B-4FBE-8EFF-0402A955545B.jpeg
    BA869E2E-355B-4FBE-8EFF-0402A955545B.jpeg
    172.5 KB · Views: 77

Powerslave

Reaction score
I wanted a bighorn and ended up with a limited. Deals will jump at you eventually. Hopefully. Maybe.

I would advise the 3.92s unless you run highway 80%+ of the time. I run highway ~30% of the time with 3.21s and aversge 13.8-14.5mpg. If i had 3.92s i believe I would get better with all the around town driving. Look, you started the debate.

Ha! No comment!

Powerslave

Reaction score
Anyone know what Costco or the Employee pricing is in terms of versus invoice?

I think Im at almost 4.5% under invoice.

iLikeTurtles

Reaction score
I had FCA affiliate through work which was 1% below invoice and the employee price was another 3k off so i think that was right around 5-7% below invoice

baccigalup

Reaction score
Depends where you are to get 20 percent under msrp or 4 to 7 percent under..here in nj it was hard to get even 10 percent under msrp unless it was a demo. My best deal on a laramie sport that went for 67k was 61k and a lowball trade... if you got 19 20 percent or 4.5 under before rebates. Go for it.

AK103

Reaction score
Depends where you are to get 20 percent under msrp or 4 to 7 percent under..here in nj it was hard to get even 10 percent under msrp unless it was a demo. My best deal on a laramie sport that went for 67k was 61k and a lowball trade... if you got 19 20 percent or 4.5 under before rebates. Go for it.

You're not super far from VA, why not buy from Koons or Criswell?

Mike7311

Reaction score
Hey Everyone, looking to get into a 2020 Rebel and wanted some opinions on my first pass today with the local dealership here in Denver.

2020 Rebel, 5.7L loaded with options, according to Car Gurus they’ve had the car for 49 days. Not really the configuration I want but want to know where my options are when negotiating below invoice. I asked for 20% off MSRP and that’s when they showed me this invoice, took $500 off and the deal stopped at $61,485.

Are most using rebates or incentives to get below the invoice price? Looking for any tactics other than playing the waiting game with the dealership. Attaching the window sticker for reference.

Thanks!
It’s really tough to get 20% off anything but the Bighorn. During the worst of the pandemic you could have, but not so much now. The truck you are looking at has too many a la carte options that make it cost more than a truck with value packaging. I figure that’s why it hasn’t sold. The most you can hope for us probably 15% and that will be tough.

antbatt13

Reaction score
Newb here, just wanted to chime in and say I just got 19% off MSRP on a Laramie 1500. Can't wait to pick her up this Saturday!

Users who are viewing this thread