5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

SJC5

Reaction score
It’s really tough to get 20% off anything but the Bighorn. During the worst of the pandemic you could have, but not so much now. The truck you are looking at has too many a la carte options that make it cost more than a truck with value packaging. I figure that’s why it hasn’t sold. The most you can hope for us probably 15% and that will be tough.
20% off a Laramie is great. I am at 9% off a 2021 Laramie right now (SE Pennsylvania) which is currently $1k under invoice. I checked all around (locally) and most were $200 to $800 under invoice. Costco was only $200 under invoice and the dealer was much farther away. If you get 20% that is freaken great for a Laramie. I am waiting for mine to be built (5 weeks now) and hoping for a November delivery with better manufacturer rebates. Even if they offer $3k in rebates I will still only be at 14% below MSRP. So unless you order from the big associated dealers and are willing to travel to get it - 20% off is great for this model.

TaterRam

Reaction score
Hey Everyone, looking to get into a 2020 Rebel and wanted some opinions on my first pass today with the local dealership here in Denver.

2020 Rebel, 5.7L loaded with options, according to Car Gurus they’ve had the car for 49 days. Not really the configuration I want but want to know where my options are when negotiating below invoice. I asked for 20% off MSRP and that’s when they showed me this invoice, took $500 off and the deal stopped at $61,485.

Are most using rebates or incentives to get below the invoice price? Looking for any tactics other than playing the waiting game with the dealership. Attaching the window sticker for reference.

Thanks!

I feel your pain. I went to a local dealer that had 6 well equipped 2020 Rebels (around $60-63k MSRP) that seem to have been there a while. I engaged the dealer in September, and then on 9/30 (end of the quarter) asked for 20% off. He came back and said the would be closer to 10%....

I think I might just bite the bullet and order a 2021. Can get into one for about 6.5% under invoice plus rebates at delivery. But also waiting to see if the dealer mentioned above still has one of these next month or later and hope at some point they just want to move them.

baccigalup

Reaction score
Check Dulles.
Too late...order is in. Im not looking back or seeing what i missed or looking for my vehicle on another lot..it wasnt there when i ordered....with some luck there will be more rebates when its delivered and my 14 percent will be more

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Agreed. It has all I want and then some. 3.92 rear - I was looking for 3.21 is my only real hangup. (dont want to start that debate here again...)

I passed on many trucks that were everything i wanted but also had 3.92 rears. Seems thats all that was available for a while. If you want 3.21's wait, I did and couldn't be happier that I did, finally got everything I wanted in the truck including 3.21's (had to go 300 miles out to get it) and I'm glad I waited, 18mpg city tells me I made the right choice

BowDown

Reaction score
Hey Everyone, looking to get into a 2020 Rebel and wanted some opinions on my first pass today with the local dealership here in Denver.

2020 Rebel, 5.7L loaded with options, according to Car Gurus they’ve had the car for 49 days. Not really the configuration I want but want to know where my options are when negotiating below invoice. I asked for 20% off MSRP and that’s when they showed me this invoice, took $500 off and the deal stopped at $61,485.

Are most using rebates or incentives to get below the invoice price? Looking for any tactics other than playing the waiting game with the dealership. Attaching the window sticker for reference.

Thanks!

Have a backup plan at another dealer is one tactic if not a must. My truck stickered for $65, invoice was $59, the dealer was 11% off which had them under invoice ($57) then the rebates dropped it to $55 and Ram coupons brought me to $52. The dealer has $500 coupons they can use to "sweeten" deals for buyers that are close to making a purchase.

BowDown

Reaction score
Anyone know what Costco or the Employee pricing is in terms of versus invoice?

I think Im at almost 4.5% under invoice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Costco was $1000 under invoice, I opted not to use it as they don't combine other incentives with it

jwil320

Reaction score
About to sign the papers on a Limited 4x4 MSRP $71,360 got the price down to $58,720 that's almost 18% off MSRP which I think is pretty good. Black appearance package, 3.92, panoramic sun roof, 33 gal fuel tank, trailer brake control, multifunction tailgate, anti-spin differential with bed utility group.

Rambunktious

Reaction score
About to sign the papers on a Limited 4x4 MSRP $71,360 got the price down to $58,720 that's almost 18% off MSRP which I think is pretty good. Black appearance package, 3.92, panoramic sun roof, 33 gal fuel tank, trailer brake control, multifunction tailgate, anti-spin differential with bed utility group.
That is a great price. Need to take you with me when we purchase my wife's new vehicle. :ROFLMAO:

U

User_3336

Have a backup plan at another dealer is one tactic if not a must. My truck stickered for $65, invoice was $59, the dealer was 11% off which had them under invoice ($57) then the rebates dropped it to $55 and Ram coupons brought me to $52. The dealer has $500 coupons they can use to "sweeten" deals for buyers that are close to making a purchase.

The dealer gave you $3,000 of their coupons? (6)

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Agreed. It has all I want and then some. 3.92 rear - I was looking for 3.21 is my only real hangup. (dont want to start that debate here again...)

JMO, but depends on how good the deal is. If you save $1k more to get those 3.92 gears instead of the 3.21 option... that’s $1k worth of fuel... at $2/gal for gas right now and the minor difference in actual mpg, it’s going to be literally over 100k mi before you break even. If it’s everything else you want and the deal is fantastic, it’s worth budging on one or two wishlist items IMO.

If you can find the same deal on the perfect truck, obviously go for that, but it’s a rare unicorn to find exactly what you’re looking for with the ridiculous matrix of options available on these vehicles.

emings

Reaction score
I feel your pain. I went to a local dealer that had 6 well equipped 2020 Rebels (around $60-63k MSRP) that seem to have been there a while. I engaged the dealer in September, and then on 9/30 (end of the quarter) asked for 20% off. He came back and said the would be closer to 10%....

I think I might just bite the bullet and order a 2021. Can get into one for about 6.5% under invoice plus rebates at delivery. But also waiting to see if the dealer mentioned above still has one of these next month or later and hope at some point they just want to move them.
Just remember everything is negotiable not just a percentage of MSRP...with my deal the MSRP of my truck was 53815 and i qualified for 5000 in incentives to get it to 48815. In order to do the deal i wanted to be at 43k before TTL. The dealer that I chose didnt offer a dealer discount but what they did offer was a lift, window tint, running boards and wheel locks that didn't cost me a penny. The retail value of that brought me down to 41,400 before TTL which allowed me to pull the trigger on it.

Bitwise

Reaction score
Anyone dealt with Dave Smith? I called them for a price quote and they're refusing to email me a quote and insist on giving it to me over the phone. If I understood the salesperson correctly, they'd only email a quote if I put down a deposit. Even the phone quote has been drawn out over a few days. Haven't gotten a good vibe.

Edit: Salesperson called back, quoted the MSRP over the phone, and said they couldn't provide the final price because they 'didn't know what the rebates would be when the truck came in'. They then asked if I wanted to put down a deposit for the truck and I politely declined and thanked them for their time. Bizarre.

Last edited:

TaterRam

Reaction score
Anyone dealt with Dave Smith? I called them for a price quote and they're refusing to email me a quote and insist on giving it to me over the phone. If I understood the salesperson correctly, they'd only email a quote if I put down a deposit. Even the phone quote has been drawn out over a few days. Haven't gotten a good vibe.

Yes, I was able to get a price over the phone but it was no where near what I thought it was going to be based on all the hype.

Fishwiz

Reaction score

Edit: Salesperson called back, quoted the MSRP over the phone, and said they couldn't provide the final price because they 'didn't know what the rebates would be when the truck came in'. They then asked if I wanted to put down a deposit for the truck and I politely declined and thanked them for their time. Bizarre.
I had similar experience shopping in-stock trucks. I can't believe how shady and difficult they are... They must be paying for the positive reputation somehow because I can't fathom how they earn a positive reputation with the way they handle people.

One salesperson told me they "don't have to compete on price because they beat their competitors on selection".... I hung up very quickly.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

TaterRam

Reaction score
How did it compare to Criswell and Koons?

I don't have the exact figures as they called back when I was heading up to camp but off hand what they quoted on the phone seemed to basically be invoice price +/- $500. I got a quote from Koons for a slightly different build but that was 6% under invoice.

jamaicanbro1

Reaction score
Picked her up tonight. Here are the numbers...

MSRP - $65,150
Discount - $9,881
Rebate - $3,500
Mopar accessories - $415
Adjusted Price - $52,184
Trade Allowance - $5,500

Total OTD with TTT.......$48,857

20.53% for a Laramie. I was not allowed to use quite a few rebates including the email coupon from RAM ($1k), Truecar rebate ($500), Affiliate Reward ($600). They used my Penfed discount and said it canceled the others. Will contact Chrysler to see if they were right. Very happy either way and the dealership here in Rockville, Maryland is great to work with. Give Omar, at DARCARS Chrysler of Rockville, a call and he will take care of you.

Users who are viewing this thread