5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Per the article on this site, the SHAP plant that’s builds our RAM 1500’s will start Building the 2021 MY RAM on Monday August 31, 2020. So if that is accurate, the order window will close soon.

As I said, I'm not sure of the accuracy of the dates I posted. They were posted on another Ram forum just in the last couple of days. Like you posted, I have repeatedly heard the August 31st date as when the 2020 ordering will end. That being said, the various websites that share production news still have June 4th, 2020 listed as the final 2020 order date per their latest updates (which we all know is not accurate), with 8/31/2020 being the final build-out date for MY 2020, so who knows what the true date is at this point.

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone know when the order guide for the 2021 models will be out?

The date that I saw as far as being able to start ordering 2021 Rams was 7/8/2020. However, I don't believe this is accurate since 2020 ordering has been extended.

BeemerG

Reaction score
I was told by 2 different local dealers they are not taking order for 2020. Will take orders for the 2021 week after 4th of July. They also said (if anyone believes them) July incentives will be very flat due to COVIT-19 spreading like mad man across the country that might effect production. We'll find out in next few days see if they just blowing spoke up their *** or not. I am hoping for great incentive so I can buy 2020 EcoDiesel if not I'll just wait for the 2021.

Bachoff17

Reaction score
I think I will wait for 2021 also and NOT purchase in South Florida as I was just quoted a price 6k ABOVE MSRP from a dealer here. I had decided to wait as incentives are terrible and at this point why not wait but then I found a truck in transit that had a lot of what I was looking for. I reached out the the dealership and it took them 3 days to get back to me and they quoted almost 6k above the MSRP- am I missing something? They clearly are not interested in selling trucks and I’m convinced I have to go to another city or state to find a semi decent dealership.
7e52df4196f01440e94066ff2f68e86d.jpg

531ae9693de4fd7f35353e67688b0d2f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They did mention “out the door price” so that should include tax/title/license. Having said that, still seems a little high. I noticed it’s a Built-to-Serve edition. I spoke with a dealer here in California that was marking these editions up $3,000 over MSRP. I quickly said no thanks as every other dealer I’ve seen is discounting them just as they would any other truck.

Brianziggy64

Reaction score
I think I will wait for 2021 also and NOT purchase in South Florida as I was just quoted a price 6k ABOVE MSRP from a dealer here. I had decided to wait as incentives are terrible and at this point why not wait but then I found a truck in transit that had a lot of what I was looking for. I reached out the the dealership and it took them 3 days to get back to me and they quoted almost 6k above the MSRP- am I missing something? They clearly are not interested in selling trucks and I’m convinced I have to go to another city or state to find a semi decent dealership.
7e52df4196f01440e94066ff2f68e86d.jpg

531ae9693de4fd7f35353e67688b0d2f.jpg

Well I assume part of (probably half) of the extra $6K is taxes, plus registration etc. Then there’s the doc fees which some are $800 or so and those dreaded BS dealer add ons. But yes this is high, no doubt. They gave you no dealer discounts at all. I would keep looking elsewhere, they aren’t the only dealer in town!! Good Luck!!

GWcpa

Reaction score
A 1500 Big Horn for 60K? That's crazy. I paid much less for my '19 1500 LTD a year ago.

jbdan

Reaction score
I paid $85 for doc fees.

It varies among dealerships but you shouldn't pay over $130 for doc fees regardless.
It varies by state. Cali has an $80 median doc fee and an $80 limit on that fee. Scroll down to the chart and look HERE.

jbdan

Reaction score
Yes You can lock incentives at time of order or delivery. Contact Tcanderson20 on here cause he confirmed it with RAM on his. You could also call RAM also to confirm.
The wording used is "sold order protected/customer order protected". Thank you and to Tcanderson for valuable info. All one has to do is to give the rebate/incentive code numbers to the FCA incentive help line and give them your zip code and they'll inform you of which ones are sold order protected. However, she did say that it varies by dealer which is interesting...

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is this Spitzer in Homestead? Looking at their online inventory, the Big Horns that are currently on their lot have a discount averaging $7000. So it appears they have some sort of dealer discount in addition to the factory rebates. I’d ask why they aren’t applying a dealer discount to the truck when every single other truck they have has a discount.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A 1500 Big Horn for 60K? That's crazy. I paid much less for my '19 1500 LTD a year ago.
New generation, new options, new prices.

My MSRP was $55K. I don't have eTorque ($1200 option for 2019 trucks), Alpine audio, wheelhouse liners, pano roof, or the 12" screen. Throw in a few of those and I would have been north of $60K for my cloth seats. ;)

Everyone has their priority list and price. For me it was either supple features or more options...I chose more options. (y)

GWcpa

Reaction score
New generation, new options, new prices.

My MSRP was $55K. I don't have eTorque ($1200 option for 2019 trucks), Alpine audio, wheelhouse liners, pano roof, or the 12" screen. Throw in a few of those and I would have been north of $60K for my cloth seats. ;)

Everyone has their priority list and price. For me it was either supple features or more options...I chose more options. (y)

No, it's a 5th gen LTD, Rambox, Harmon Kardon, 22s, tech package(forget what its' called...parking assist.) Got 18K off MSRP last June during sale event.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No, it's a 5th gen LTD, Rambox, Harmon Kardon, 22s, tech package(forget what its' called...parking assist.) Got 18K off MSRP last June during sale event.
Got it. For some reason I thought you were talking about a 4th gen.

That's a great deal. I don't think I came across more than about $8K off a Limited when I was shopping around.

I wanted to get a Laramie which was only about $4K more than a comparable Big Horn but FCA was offering an additional $5K off of all Big Horns so I couldn't justify the extra $9K and I couldn't find a Laramie with an ORP in my area (that wasn't black). If I was single I probably would have done it.

jhoffy22

Reaction score
Do you guys think this a good deal?

2020 Ram 1500 4x4 Big Horn Crew Cab ecodiesel North Edition

MSRP $55,705
Selling Price $44,919 ~20% discount

42 months / 10,000 miles per year

.00002 MF and 55% residual

$439/month, $439 due at signing

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Do you guys think this a good deal?

2020 Ram 1500 4x4 Big Horn Crew Cab ecodiesel North Edition

MSRP $55,705
Selling Price $44,919 ~20% discount

42 months / 10,000 miles per year

.00002 MF and 55% residual

$439/month, $439 due at signing

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Are you going to be able to live with 10k miles a year?

Users who are viewing this thread