5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Boston

Reaction score
Or you may travel in very rural areas where there simply are no gas stations to fill up at. See Alaska and the Yukon Territory.

Or when towing and doing 10-12 mpg

I have this feeling they are going to stick with the calendar they had for the model year turnover.

Bulldawg23

Reaction score
A dealer I’ve been talking with just called me and said they’ll be doing orders for 2021’s at the end of July for end of September deliveries. Ordering a 2020 now would be an August delivery. I think that settles it for me. Going to wait and get a 2021

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
Still seeing if anyone knows if you can combine both the USAA and The PenFed rebates. Thanks.

Call the incentive center to find out from the experts. 1-800-227-0757; Monday through Friday from 8 am to 8 pm EST.

UDCentaur

Reaction score
A dealer I’ve been talking with just called me and said they’ll be doing orders for 2021’s at the end of July for end of September deliveries. Ordering a 2020 now would be an August delivery. I think that settles it for me. Going to wait and get a 2021

Yeah I was about to order one today from one of my local dealers...I believe I’m going to see how the next two months go and either find a great deal on 2020 or order a 2021.

rome5982

Reaction score
Ordered my longhorn crew cab 4x4 5'7 bed yesterday with almost every option, MSRP $69575, got it at dealer invoice $63949. Hopefully some decent incentives will be available when its delivered

rockerdan

Reaction score
Late reply here. I see so many here own/want CREW cabs with little love for the Quad. Same with my dealers locally, barely any QUADs ever in stock. I was under the assumption from the past, that the 23 vs 26gal fuel tanks were due to the shorter box. Quad=26 while Crew=23. Comes down to space. All my Quads over the years have come with 26g.

Dan

Dawgsfan11

Reaction score

I’m in the same situation and weighing both options. Won’t the incentives/rebates be significantly better for 2020 models in a couple months compared to the 2021s? That’s one reason to order a 2020 now vs waiting, although predicting exact incentives is impossible.

As far as the one-year depreciation hit by ordering a 2020 now Vs waiting for the 2021, I plan on keeping this truck for 10+ years, so at that point the depreciation difference is negligible.

Any other thoughts from anyone about ordering a 2020 now vs waiting on the 2021?

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Assembly Plants are back up, full capacity by Monday

FCA Announces Ramp Up To Full Production Schedule:
Some Plants Are Back To Three Shifts...
Photo of Robert S. Miller Robert S. Miller Send an email 4 days ago

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Tumblr Pinterest Reddit Share via Email

As the automotive industry ramps up production as the COVID-19 pandemic shows signs of decline, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) has announced its North American production schedule to return to its normal operations. Since restarting its North American manufacturing operation in mid-May with one-shift, the company has been using its new protocols adopted by its other operations around the globe.
A-plexiglas-barrier-is-attached-to-the-ergo-arm-operators-used-to-install-front-end-modules-at-FCA’s-Jefferson-North-Detroit-Assembly-Plant.-FCA.-1024x576.jpg
A Plexiglas barrier is attached to the ergo arm operators used to install front end modules at FCA’s Jefferson North (Detroit) Assembly Plant. (FCA).
As of yesterday, only three of the company’s assembly plants have returned to a three-shift work schedule. Those plants include the Jefferson North Assembly Plant (JNAP) in Detroit, Michigan (which builds the Jeep® Grand Cherokee and Dodge Durango), the Sterling Heights Assembly Plant (SHAP) in Sterling Heights, Michigan (which manufactures the Ram 1500), as well as Windsor Assembly Plant (which produces the Chrysler Pacifica, Chrysler Voyager, and the outgoing Dodge Grand Caravan).

1591462171292.png

Attachments

• Capturet.PNG
    Capturet.PNG
    365.3 KB · Views: 36

BeemerG

Reaction score
I’m in the same situation and weighing both options. Won’t the incentives/rebates be significantly better for 2020 models in a couple months compared to the 2021s? That’s one reason to order a 2020 now vs waiting, although predicting exact incentives is impossible.

As far as the one-year depreciation hit by ordering a 2020 now Vs waiting for the 2021, I plan on keeping this truck for 10+ years, so at that point the depreciation difference is negligible.

Any other thoughts from anyone about ordering a 2020 now vs waiting on the 2021?
If you keeping your truck for 6 years or more buying 2020 will make more sense. I am one of those people never kept my cars and trucks more then 3 to 4 years. If you keep it for short period it is better to get the latest and greatest.

rome5982

Reaction score

Thats the same situation for me. I keep my trucks for a long time so I am hoping that we get some incentives on the 2020 models when the truck is delivered. Usually the next year models don't qualify for the late year incentives.

BowDown

Reaction score

I'm in the same boat, i dont see the unconnect 5 as an incentive since im the only one that would be driving the truck or even utilizing that. Now, if there's was a 10 speed trans change or a HP increase, I'd wait. Uconnect 5, no

Bulldawg23

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat, i dont see the unconnect 5 as an incentive since im the only one that would be driving the truck or even utilizing that. Now, if there's was a 10 speed trans change or a HP increase, I'd wait. Uconnect 5, no

Is that the only difference in the Uconnect 5 is being able to add multiple profiles? Haven’t seen much else said about it

Boston

Reaction score
Still a few 19’s around presumably with deeper discounts. I won’t know my buying plans until my kids college decided at the end of the month.

BowDown

Reaction score
Is that the only difference in the Uconnect 5 is being able to add multiple profiles? Haven’t seen much else said about it

Yes and it may be faster but soo what on that

Last edited:

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Yeah RAM could increase sales from other brands with a 40-50 hp/tq bump. I’m no engine builder but theres got to be a way that doesn’t overly stress the block to satisfy the bean counters who look at warranty claims.
And bring back 3.55’s!

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
Yeah RAM could increase sales from other brands with a 40-50 hp/tq bump. I’m no engine builder but theres got to be a way that doesn’t overly stress the block to satisfy the bean counters who look at warranty claims.
And bring back 3.55’s!

I agree FCA needs a stronger powertrain option as they are 4/5 right now which is sad. They have the 6.4 HEMI they could offer in the 1500 but the 410/420 specs on the 2500 are meh. They should work on a more powerful efficient option now that CAFE standards have been lifted.

Ford
EcoBoost V-6
450hp 510lb-ft

Ram
5.7 V8
395hp 410lb-ft

GM
6.2 V8
420hp 460lb-ft

Toyota
5.7 V8
381hp 401lb-ft