5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Boston

Reaction score
We’re holding off shopping for a while. We don’t officially need another vehicle for several months. Hard to justify spending $$$ when you’re still using the same tank of gas you filed up with five weeks ago.

jbdan

Reaction score
Looking for some input here. Looking at a 2020 Laramie 1500 MSRP 62,105 the dealer sent me a quote with dealer discount of $6,118 bringing the sales price to 55,987. The truck is located about 450 miles away and they said they would go get it for me and drive it back. They then told me it was being used as a dealer car and had 900 miles on it already so by the time i get it there will be around 1400 miles on it. Is it realistic of me to ask for more off while still trying to get the 0% for 84 months. Any input appreciated.
Very realistic yes. How much? They're at about 10% dealer discount. I'd shoot for 15% or more, especially with that mileage. All depends on how bad you want it, just don't let them know that. Imo 15% dealer discount with the 0% option is a fair deal. You can always negotiate them throwing in accessories on top as well.

NJC1684

Reaction score
Im in the same boat. Im in KC and working with a dealer and Im at 38,150 with a trade in (2500-3000), MSRP 52,450. From what Ive seen on here 27% off msrp at least is what I should be looking at on a big horn. with that in mind, That gets me to 38,289 before trade. I told them "35,700 you have my number" and walked out the door. that was about a week ago and have not heard back. But there is still time till the end of the month. Im in no rush so I can wait out their games. Its also a built to serve edition in gator green. Does not look like many people like that color. I actually love the color. Ball is in their court now.

Im also going not going with 0@84. I have a nice size down payment to put on it and plan on refinancing after a few payments depending on the rate they give me. (excellent credit)
Can you guys let me know if this is a good deal or if I should push for more. I'm looking at a 2020 Big Horn Built to Serve 1500.

Rear Wheelhouse Liners
Blind Spot & Cross Path Detection
Multi-Function Tailgate
Big Horn Level 2 Equipment Group
Pick-Up Box Lighting
Bed Utility Group
Trailer Brake Control
Rear Underseat Compartment Storage
9 Amplified Speakers w/Subwoofer
Black Tubular Side Steps
E-Locker Rear Axle

MSRP - $54,325
Dealer discount - $4,309
Possible rebates - $5,750
OTD price - $44,266

Good deal or should I wait it out??
Dealer discount is too low. Should be 11% at a minimum.

BigD

Reaction score
Can you guys let me know if this is a good deal or if I should push for more. I'm looking at a 2020 Big Horn Built to Serve 1500.

Rear Wheelhouse Liners
Blind Spot & Cross Path Detection
Multi-Function Tailgate
Big Horn Level 2 Equipment Group
Pick-Up Box Lighting
Bed Utility Group
Trailer Brake Control
Rear Underseat Compartment Storage
9 Amplified Speakers w/Subwoofer
Black Tubular Side Steps
E-Locker Rear Axle

MSRP - $54,325
Dealer discount - $4,309
Possible rebates - $5,750
OTD price - $44,266

Good deal or should I wait it out??
Depends on where u live? Here in Minnesota u can get one of those Built to Serve editions for around $41k

Jrsem0317

Reaction score
Been tracking the forum for awhile and appreciate the collective wisdom. Thinking about pulling the trigger on this deal and would welcome any feedback.

2020 1500 Limited: 5’7” box, 4x4, Hemi w/o etorque, Level 1 equipment, 22” wheels, sunroof, other...

$68,665 msrp
$10,046 dealer discount (14.6%)
$4,000 incentive (0% APR for 36 months)
$54,619 before TTL (20.5% off msrp)
That is almost the exact same deal i worked. My MSRP was $69,170 and I was around $54,600 before TTL. I felt it was a decent deal.

PwrdbyM

Reaction score
Just purchased a 2020 Laramie 4WD, Patriot Blue in the OKC area. MSRP $56,925, paid $42,875. There were $7,000 in rebates from FCA and the rest dealer discount. I got a $500 military rebate from FCA but it was negated by the dealer $499 doc fee. This final price was posted on the dealer’s website and they said it was final. I got a set of all-weather mats included as extra.
There are actually some better percentage discounts posted online in the area however this was the color I wanted.

PhatHalpert

Reaction score
Just purchased a 2020 Laramie 4WD, Patriot Blue in the OKC area. MSRP $56,925, paid $42,875. There were $7,000 in rebates from FCA and the rest dealer discount. I got a $500 military rebate from FCA but it was negated by the dealer $499 doc fee. This final price was posted on the dealer’s website and they said it was final. I got a set of all-weather mats included as extra.
There are actually some better percentage discounts posted online in the area however this was the color I wanted.
David Stanley?

ramfanatic

Reaction score
Congrats! You got a great truck at a great price. I like that color too..

hsoj

Reaction score
So, I am looking at this 2020 Big Horn that I attached the sticker for in the message. I feel like im terrible at negotiating a fair price. I am trying to put my trade in which is about 6k, and 10k down on it. Id like to get my payments down to under 400 if possible. All I want is a fair price. The dealer has it going for 46000 with rebates. They keep sending me these sheets and the lowest they can get it down to is 430 for 84 months with the 0%. They are saying its 52k with the 0%. Something doesnt seem right to me about the math here. Anyways, I would love some thoughts from everyone on what is fair.

Attachments

• image_0(3).jpeg
    image_0(3).jpeg
    130.5 KB · Views: 81

Chavez98

Reaction score
So, I am looking at this 2020 Big Horn that I attached the sticker for in the message. I feel like im terrible at negotiating a fair price. I am trying to put my trade in which is about 6k, and 10k down on it. Id like to get my payments down to under 400 if possible. All I want is a fair price. The dealer has it going for 46000 with rebates. They keep sending me these sheets and the lowest they can get it down to is 430 for 84 months with the 0%. They are saying its 52k with the 0%. Something doesnt seem right to me about the math here. Anyways, I would love some thoughts from everyone on what is fair.
Looks like the dealer is only offering you $2600 in discount. That’s a hard pass.

keyser soze

Reaction score
So, I am looking at this 2020 Big Horn that I attached the sticker for in the message...... They are saying its 52k with the 0%.
Something doesnt seem right to me about the math here. Anyways, I would love some thoughts from everyone on what is fair.

$430 for 84 months= 36,100 . With $10k down,$6000 for your trade and assuming $3300 for tax, title and lic, it means they are discounting the truck less than $1000.

They either don't value your business or think you are desperate.

Your best negotiating tool is your willingness to walk out. Don't give up all your leverage. There are lots of dealer lots out there....and lots of inventory just collecting dust.

You need to get to about $46,000 assuming your down payment and trade to get to $400 at 84 months.

hsoj

Reaction score
$430 for 84 months= 36,100 . With $10k down,$6000 for your trade and assuming $3300 for tax, title and lic, it means they are discounting the truck less than $1000.

They either don't value your business or think you are desperate.

Your best negotiating tool is your willingness to walk out. Don't give up all your leverage. There are lots of dealer lots out there....and lots of inventory just collecting dust.

You need to get to about $46,000 assuming your down payment and trade to get to $400 at 84 months.
Is that a fair price to them or is it too low?

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That is almost the exact same deal i worked. My MSRP was $69,170 and I was around $54,600 before TTL. I felt it was a decent deal.
That sounds like close to the big last June deals. My son bought a 19 Ltd CC 4x4 longbed level 1, no pano for the same price, maybe a grand less. He didn’t fight tooth and nail for that amount, just walked in and got it. No trade.

ktl5005

Reaction score
I just sent Craig at Koons an email to see about a price for the following:
-Ram 1500
-bright white clear coat
-Crew cab short box
-Laramie trim
-Hemi V8 MDS, e-torque
-3.21 gears
-26 gallon tank
-electronic locking rear axle
-Laramie level 2 group
-Sport appearance package
-bed utility group
-off road group
-rear wheelhouse liners
-12 inch uconnect
-dual-pane sunroof
-leather trimmed bucket seats
-rear underseat storage

There is one locally than I am looking at also. No off-road group, no laramie level 2, no 12 inch uconnect but it has level 1 group, 3.92, and MFT. Thoughts on the price of it?
https://www.scrantondodgechryslerjeep.net/new-Scranton-2020-RAM-1500-Laramie-1C6SRFJT7LN120760

Ramaroo

Reaction score
I just sent Craig at Koons an email to see about a price for the following:
-Ram 1500
-bright white clear coat
-Crew cab short box
-Laramie trim
-Hemi V8 MDS, e-torque
-3.21 gears
-26 gallon tank
-electronic locking rear axle
-Laramie level 2 group
-Sport appearance package
-bed utility group
-off road group
-rear wheelhouse liners
-12 inch uconnect
-dual-pane sunroof
-leather trimmed bucket seats
-rear underseat storage

There is one locally than I am looking at also. No off-road group, no laramie level 2, no 12 inch uconnect but it has level 1 group, 3.92, and MFT. Thoughts on the price of it?
https://www.scrantondodgechryslerjeep.net/new-Scranton-2020-RAM-1500-Laramie-1C6SRFJT7LN120760
Personally, I know that I wouldn't pay more than 100k for it myself, but thats about the best I can do without seeing specifics like a similar MRSP, and what rebates you qualify for etc.

ktl5005

Reaction score
Personally, I know that I wouldn't pay more than 100k for it myself, but thats about the best I can do without seeing specifics like a similar MRSP, and what rebates you qualify for etc.
I’d qualify for the $4500 in rebates in the one in the link, and with the dealer discount brings it down to 49k

Users who are viewing this thread