5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I've actually been speaking with them. They wont sell at that price. It includes about $4000 in rebates that you most likely don't qualify for including veteran, first responder, realtor association, recent equipment purchase from Case or Holland Equipment, Truck conquest, etc.

There may have also been a "one armed juggler" rebate in there too. Not sure.
Typical for many dealers offering low internet prices unfortunately...

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Koons seems great, to bad they wont sell to Massachusetts residents.
Just a note from their fine print... All prices exclude freight. All prices exclude tax, tags, and processing fee of $799. WOW prices include all applicable rebates and incentives.
So depending on your negotiating skills, add back $799 + $1,695 freight ($2,494) to any deal you think you have. Just sayin’...

Maybe someone can explain to me why a dealer (Koonz) would exclude the destination charge (which is printed on the Mulroney sticker, at least on mine it is) then add that cost back in at the very bottom. Is there something special about Maryland/DC area that doesn’t allow for the dealers to show freight on their MSRP sticker prices? Just seems weird.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brute4C

Reaction score
I've actually been speaking with them. They wont sell at that price. It includes about $4000 in rebates that you most likely don't qualify for including veteran, first responder, realtor association, recent equipment purchase from Case or Holland Equipment, Truck conquest, etc.

Lol! Very good points. Thank you for the feedback and insight.

BowDown

Reaction score

Ahhh, I was wondering why I couldn't see a breakdown of how they got to that price and they called it all dealer discounts

NonToxic628

Reaction score
Ahhh, I was wondering why I couldn't see a breakdown of how they got to that price and they called it all dealer discounts

I don't want to pile on too much as everyone is trying to make a living, but I asked from the beginning and numerous times to only provide me with clear breakdowns in the pricing They instead came back with monthly payments and no total cost for the truck. They did finally send me a sort of break down and it looks like they were at about 10% dealer discount with 6k in rebates, but still $4500 on the dot higher than their advertised price. I also questioned the taxes they were charging. I'm not completely in tune with that side of things, but I'm buying as a resident in TN. They had my taxes about $800 higher than what the county website said my tax bill was going to be. Their doc fee was $599 if anyone is curious. I explained to them that I had spoken to a one of the sites vendors who offered a greater dealer discount off the bat and they came back and said there is no way and they must be lying to you to get you into the dealership.

Jako

Reaction score
I don't want to pile on too much as everyone is trying to make a living, but I asked from the beginning and numerous times to only provide me with clear breakdowns in the pricing They instead came back with monthly payments and no total cost for the truck. They did finally send me a sort of break down and it looks like they were at about 10% dealer discount with 6k in rebates, but still $4500 on the dot higher than their advertised price. I also questioned the taxes they were charging. I'm not completely in tune with that side of things, but I'm buying as a resident in TN. They had my taxes about $800 higher than what the county website said my tax bill was going to be. Their doc fee was $599 if anyone is curious. I explained to them that I had spoken to a one of the sites vendors who offered a greater dealer discount off the bat and they came back and said there is no way and they must be lying to you to get you into the dealership.
My dealer overcharged on the taxes/registration and finally worked out a synthetic oil change, but it was a battle. NYC is 8.875 (thanks to Michael, I should be president, Bloombucks) and dealer charged 8.9%. My wife's 2017 Civic also overcharged (informed me at time of purchase due to registration costs) and sent me a check, no issues.
Doc fee is BS and is just another dealer charge in disguise. NY state limits it to $75.00.

Tell them to send you a draft of a final sales receipt. The dealerships are not forth right with additional charges.

Wish you luck in your buying venture.

Last edited:

NonToxic628

Reaction score
My dealer overcharged on the taxes and finally worked out a synthetic oil change, but it was a battle. NYC is 8.875 (thanks to Michael, I should be president, Bloombucks) and dealer charged 8.8%. My wife's 2017 Civic also overcharged (informed me at time of purchase due to registration costs) and sent me a check, no issues.
Doc fee is BS and is just another dealer charge in disguise. NY state limits it to $75.00.

Tell them to send you a draft of a final sales receipt. The dealerships are not forth right with additional charges.

Wish you luck in your buying venture.

Appreciate it. I've never bought a vehicle in the state I live in, so I don't mind traveling. I've told them thanks anyways at this point as I'm of the opinion that I gave them plenty of opportunity to cut thru the bs and instead they decided to tell me how honest they are compared to other dealers. At this point, I might just wait things out to see what May and June bring. The reality is that I could buy a 70k truck that is just going to sit in the garage until life normalizes.

Jako

Reaction score
Appreciate it. I've never bought a vehicle in the state I live in, so I don't mind traveling. I've told them thanks anyways at this point as I'm of the opinion that I gave them plenty of opportunity to cut thru the bs and instead they decided to tell me how honest they are compared to other dealers. At this point, I might just wait things out to see what May and June bring. The reality is that I could buy a 70k truck that is just going to sit in the garage until life normalizes.
I live in Staten Island, the dealers on SI think they have you locked because of bridges. Never bought a new vehicle (MC cars) from SI and only 1 car in NYS and 1 BMW MC that I won't deal with again. Plenty of dealers in my area within a 30+ mile radius. I really do wish you luck. I was not impressed with the sales people for the most part. Do your best to figure out what you want and price.

Funny thing is I got exactly what my wife wanted and price via Edmunds for her 2017 Civic. Honda dealerships are like McDonalds in the metro area. Not impressed with Honda sales people either, some are outright incompetent.

ramfanatic

Reaction score
Craig sounds like a great resource for those on the east coast. Any alternatives or helpful suggestions for members on the west coast? Long time lurker and seriously considering officially joining the ram family. Thank you for any feedback!
I got a price ordering a Rebel from Dennis Dillon CJDR in Caldwell Idaho and the discount was quite as good as Craig's but it was almost 13% off MSRP before any factory rebates.

UDCentaur

Reaction score
Just watch the add-on of delivery ($1,695) at the bottom. That’s what they tried to pull on me.

He included in the price, but thanks for the catch. Craig seems legit and has been extremely responsive to emails with lots of questions!

AK103

Reaction score
Trying to get a good ahead what to expect discount wise locally.
Is it possible to get 10-15% off MSRP ?
(Sans rebates - as I would like to do the 0% 84 month promo)

Redd_Jedd

Reaction score
So I got my numbers back from Craig who is amazing by the way - 8% below invoice (15% off MSRP) + any rebates at time of delivery. If factories open next month on schedule - looking like a late June early July truck...I’m thinking with all the delays probably July truck.

Did some searching for a July rebates in the past - not sure if they are any help as this is an unique year. Most were at least $3,000 - hitting that 20% off at minimum.

Should I wait for that it’s a Labor Day arrival or just get the order in and hope for the best?

Wish like many of us - had a crystal ball to know the rebates...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It may be tough to plan for a Labor Day arrival. At some point over the summer there will be a cut off on 2020 orders as Ram retools the plant for the 2021 models. Wonder if they'll delay that...?

BowDown

Reaction score

Mac Haik in Houston Texas did the same thing. Had a advertised price of $45,000 for Ram limited 4x2 level 1 with pano roof, 22's, etorque 5.7.
Their price was 3500 less than every other deal I found yet when I called them they would not sell the truck at that price. They have $4,000 and dealer add-ons that drove the price up to $49,000 before tt&l.

I don't see it as a pile on, I see it as all of us helping each other to get the best deal and go into situation educated

canarygrass

Reaction score
Totally wasted half a day at Zeigler CJDR in Schaumburg, IL. Drove a limited that I came in with the intent to buy using the 0% for 84 promotion.

MSRP was $70k. Dealer’s first offer was a ridiculous $67,500. After some back and forth the manager’s “best price” was $65k or 7% off.

Ended up leaving and getting a quote for $10k off a limited from another dealer including the 0% offer. I’ll stop by there later this week.

Clearly the dealers aren’t feeling the pain yet.

UDCentaur

Reaction score
It may be tough to plan for a Labor Day arrival. At some point over the summer there will be a cut off on 2020 orders as Ram retools the plant for the 2021 models. Wonder if they'll delay that...?
Craig mentioned - normally they stop late Summer/Early Fall...not sure if that will be the same this year. Maybe I will shoot for an early August arrival?

BugGuy

Reaction score

With me, I wasn't too concerned or focused about the breakdown of the truck. All I wanted to know was bottom line. I didn't care how they got there.

AK103

Reaction score
Found a Rebel that's $63,280 MSRP they're only giving a $5,000 dealer discount on it.
What's a realistic discount to ask for on it?
(Not rebates, as I'm trying to do 0% 84 months)

Granite2WD

Reaction score
Totally wasted half a day at Zeigler CJDR in Schaumburg, IL. Drove a limited that I came in with the intent to buy using the 0% for 84 promotion.

MSRP was $70k. Dealer’s first offer was a ridiculous $67,500. After some back and forth the manager’s “best price” was $65k or 7% off.

Ended up leaving and getting a quote for $10k off a limited from another dealer including the 0% offer. I’ll stop by there later this week.

Or dealers are feeling the pain and holding out for an uninformed buyer. I think most people don't seriously negotiate and some get taken for a ride.

southpaw

Reaction score

Which dealer in what city quoted 10k off a 70k limited? I'm in S Wisconsin and looking for a dealer willing to negotiate.

Users who are viewing this thread