5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

ramfanatic

Reaction score
So for not in stock hardly anywhere on east coast (hydro blue color Laramie) factory order trucks - what’s a great price to shoot for - 15% off? Should I email multiple dealers? Say exactly what I want?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just be clear when you contact the local dealers that YOU not them get the factory rebates upon delivery.

Redd_Jedd

Reaction score
a
Build your truck on Ram.com and email that to Craig Benner at Koons CJDR. He will email you back with the order sheet showing about a 15% discount BEFORE any factory rebates. The rebates can only be applied when you take delivery. If the rebates remain what they are now (I think they''ll probably increase) then you would have about a 24% discount. When you receive the pricing back from Craig send it to your local dealers and see if they can match or come close. If they don't come close enough fly to D.C., get your new Hydro Blue truck and have a road trip home breaking it in with a great big smile on your face the whole way. At least that's what I'm doing. :)

Just did this very thing, different dealer....it can be done

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Just be clear when you contact the local dealers that YOU not them get the factory rebates upon delivery.

I'm looking for a highly optioned Rebel and I'm not seeing any out there to my liking, so I may end up emailing Koons for a quote and shop that around locally but I don't think dealers around me (Charlotte, NC area) will be want to, or be able to meet/beat it. And if they do, as remfanatic notes, they'll probably try to claim whatever rebates available at time of delivery as part of their "Dealer Discount".

But at this point late in the 2020 model year and with uncertainty about when production will ramp up, I may wait until the 2021 model year. Loaded Rebels are not common so I may build one the way it it want. I'm reading the 2021 trucks will be about 220 lbs lighter, get slightly better mileage and maybe Rebels will get heated and cooled ventilated seats and the 360 degree camera.

I think higher incentives will offered later in the year due to high unemployment, used car auctions frozen and 340,000 cars coming off lease per month. Dealers are going to be in an even tighter spot soon. I think right now dealers are trying to hold deals as high as they can with the incentives manufacturers are offering as there are people bargain shopping at the moment who can buy right now. Once those buyers are gone, the bottom may fall out.

Redd_Jedd

Reaction score
Wow - some dealers actually pull that one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look at the details at the bottom of the web page for the disclaimer describing the Dealer Discount*. The * turns out to be every available incentive stacked so you need to peel off from their Dealer Discount* the ones that "may not apply" to you. Heck, a lot of them are so bold as to list the rebates as the ONLY items in their Dealer Discount*.

JKlem

Reaction score
Build your truck on Ram.com and email that to Craig Benner at Koons CJDR. He will email you back with the order sheet showing about a 15% discount BEFORE any factory rebates. The rebates can only be applied when you take delivery. If the rebates remain what they are now (I think they''ll probably increase) then you would have about a 24% discount. When you receive the pricing back from Craig send it to your local dealers and see if they can match or come close. If they don't come close enough fly to D.C., get your new Hydro Blue truck and have a road trip home breaking it in with a great big smile on your face the whole way. At least that's what I'm doing. :)

Thanks to you I emailed him last night. I don’t need a special order - just wanted to see what deal he could drum up on one at the lot already.

YellowSled

Reaction score
Just closed deal on mine... finally
8k off sticker, went with the 0% for 84 months.

2020 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Laramie Night Edition
5.7-liter HEMI eTorque V8, 3.21 gears, Laramie Level 2 Equipment Package, 22-inch Night Edition Wheels, 12.1-inch Uconnect Infotainment System, & rear wheel liners

keyser soze

Reaction score
Just closed deal on mine... finally
8k off sticker, went with the 0% for 84 months.

2020 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Laramie Night Edition
5.7-liter HEMI eTorque V8, 3.21 gears, Laramie Level 2 Equipment Package, 22-inch Night Edition Wheels, 12.1-inch Uconnect Infotainment System, & rear wheel liners
What was the MSRP ? ....and were there added paperwork fees (doc, e-filing).... Thx.

Memphsi87

Reaction score
First post, just looking for some reassurance I got a somewhat decent deal haha. 2020 Ram Rebel MSRP $62390, dealer brought it down to $55000 even, for dealer discount. And another $4500 off for incentives. So $50500 , before my trade in.

Last edited:

Sp13

Reaction score
Well I went and did it. My first Ram. My first truck. 2020 1500 Laramie MSRP 67,625, and got it for 60,177 (dealer also gave 3k more than Koons was offering for my trade, and 2k more than kbb, so I count that towards a "discount" as well). Dealer fee of 400 plus all NJ fees. Took the 0% for 84 months.
6e99e2d42e70f68a9554dfb05e787b44.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

NJC1684

Reaction score
First post, just looking for some reassurance I got a somewhat decent deal haha. 2020 Ram Rebel MSRP $62390, dealer brought it down to $55000 even, for dealer discount. And another $4500 off for incentives. So $50500 , before my trade in.
21% off MSRP on a Rebel.

NJC1684

Reaction score
Well I went and did it. My first Ram. My first truck. 2020 1500 Laramie MSRP 67,625, and got it for 60,177 (dealer also gave 3k more than Koons was offering for my trade, and 2k more than kbb, so I count that towards a "discount" as well). Dealer fee of 400 plus all NJ fees. Took the 0% for 84 months.

What options doesn't it have other than Ram boxes? That's an expensive Laramie!

JKlem

Reaction score

Good deal when it’s also 0 for 84. Nice ride.

Sp13

Reaction score
What options doesn't it have other than Ram boxes? That's an expensive Laramie!
No Ramboxes. It has the Hemi with etorque, 3.92, Advanced safety group, Bed utility group, Night edition, Level 2, Pano roof, Power running boards, Air suspension, 12" Uconnect screen.

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Beautiful truck. Night package is hard to come by in the Laramie... I couldn’t find one with Rambox and gave up. Looks sharp, congrats!

jastevenson

Reaction score
Beautiful truck. Night package is hard to come by in the Laramie... I couldn’t find one with Rambox and gave up. Looks sharp, congrats!

I feel the opposite! At least for me, the ones that are otherwise configured the way I want them are all Night Edition and it’s driving me nuts.

Users who are viewing this thread