5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Tom716

Reaction score
Another new guy here looking to join the Ram community. I may have found a good deal? Dealer has a new 19 limited, 6.7 HO that has an MSRP of 85,625. Sale price is 70K. Dealer discount is 10,300 plus another 5K in incentives. I am not trading anything in. Does this sound like a good deal? This is his advertised price so would he do any better? Thanks

VirtualRam

Reaction score
Another new guy here looking to join the Ram community. I may have found a good deal? Dealer has a new 19 limited, 6.7 HO that has an MSRP of 85,625. Sale price is 70K. Dealer discount is 10,300 plus another 5K in incentives. I am not trading anything in. Does this sound like a good deal? This is his advertised price so would he do any better? Thanks

I'd say thats a very good/great deal, dealer discount is over %12. You may be able to do a little better, dealers don't usually put their absolute best price out first. I'd bet you could get another $500 or some free accessories. Good luck!

Bobbyray

Reaction score
2020 Ram Limited Eco Diesel
These are not exact figures as my paperwork is in the truck waiting for a part at a dealership, but these are within a couple hundred bucks.
$74,600
-$18,000 plus in rebates and dealer discounts
-$13,000 trade in allowance
$ 46,300 out the door.

Brianziggy64

Reaction score
These are not exact figures as my paperwork is in the truck waiting for a part at a dealership, but these are within a couple hundred bucks.
$74,600
$ 46,300 out the door.

Where you located?

Boston

Reaction score
$74,600
$ 46,300 out the door.

That’s one seriously loaded LED

Cravenfan

Reaction score

Nearly 18% off MSRP, not bad...for a 2020. However, I'd still shoot for 20%+ on a 2020. As for a 2019, that's been sitting on their lot for probably well over a year (ask when they took possession of the truck) I'd shoot for 22%-23% off MSRP, or a combo of 0% financing and discounts that get you to those percentages.

Granite2WD

Reaction score
Nearly 18% off MSRP, not bad...for a 2020. However, I'd still shoot for 20%+ on a 2020. As for a 2019, that's been sitting on their lot for probably well over a year (ask when they took possession of the truck) I'd shoot for 22%-23% off MSRP, or a combo of 0% financing and discounts that get you to those percentages.
No need to ask how long it's been on the lot and trust them, you can look that up on car guru's, and likely other places.

omamatt

Reaction score
$74,600
$ 46,300 out the door.

Great deal. I was at 18555 off almost 76k. Seems there are still a few ‘unicorn’ deals out there.

Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AbitaPro

Reaction score
He told me the $1,946 was Dealer Add Ons - Spray on Bedliner - wheel locks and Apex anti theft device - I don't know. I feel like these dealers are doubling down and just saying here is our price take it or leave it. AND - i put down $500.00 to order this one so I feel like I'm getting squeezed even more.
If you didn’t agree on a price plus any factory rebates before ordering, then they have you exactly where they want. You want the truck you ordered, but didn’t agree on the price, so that’s that.

ktl5005

Reaction score
Well it’s the 15th and just checked the new incentives. Seems they got worse. The 0/84 is still around, but now only $2000 cash allowance. That’s a bummer. Guess they are also betting on staying closed and not moving inventory for a bit. Guess my Laramie is going to have to wait to see what May brings....

Dramrod

Reaction score
Well it’s the 15th and just checked the new incentives. Seems they got worse. The 0/84 is still around, but now only $2000 cash allowance. That’s a bummer. Guess they are also betting on staying closed and not moving inventory for a bit. Guess my Laramie is going to have to wait to see what May brings....

You noticed that, too? I happened to get an additional $1k rebate in my inbox earlier. But it doesn’t make sense still. TrueCar pricing still doesn’t look bad, but i thought they’d try to move. And if they were moving, one would move to my driveway. Looks like I’m with you waiting until May.

Mother

Reaction score
I just saw that same thing. Hoping maybe the site just hasn't been updated. Otherwise I will probably wait until May as well.

Grip750

Reaction score
I just saw that same thing. Hoping maybe the site just hasn't been updated. Otherwise I will probably wait until May as well.
I am going to the dealer at noon today to sign for a price quoted from Monday, I just spoke to the dealer about the rebates changing on the website and they told me the deal is still the same and that a third party runs the website so the rebates will be the same for me today which is $6000. The website actually only shows $1000 today

Mother

Reaction score
Yeah, I was wondering if that was the case. I emailed a couple different guys I've been in talks with to get the scoop.

NonToxic628

Reaction score
Pretty interesting stuff. I know dealers change prices all the time, but within the last few days the quoted price from a site vendor on a truck I was looking at went up $4500 which tells me either constant price changes are a part of the normal sales process, or something has changed with the rebates. I'm going to sit things out for a bit and see what May or June brings. At this point whether I have a new truck in the garage or the current vehicle we have is irrelevant since no driving is being done anyways.

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Same here. But I am guessing the web site just isn't updated. Some of the rebates that expired started in Sept, can't imagine they would not renew them now, especially since GM has $6k plus rebates until end of month (not sure about Ford).

Anyone know where to get a list of all incentives? IIRC $1000 conquest is until end of month. Also wondering about Pen Fed credit union $1000 rebate. So far I have just seen these on random dealer sites.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/