5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

PhatHalpert

Reaction score
Ah, I didn't realize that.

It's on the featured offers. It appears it's for 6' beds. I wonder if they haven't updated the rest yet though. Hard to believe they're only offering 1K off right now.

llackey23

Reaction score
If you didn’t agree on a price plus any factory rebates before ordering, then they have you exactly where they want. You want the truck you ordered, but didn’t agree on the price, so that’s that.
Not entirely true Abita - this is a process where the buyer doesn't have much power - we offer money but the dealer doesn't have to take it and in these situations right now these dealers are being really tough. I ordered the truck at the end of January and I did try to negotiate my drive out price but the problem is the dealer rebates and incentives change every month - April was supposed to be truck month according to my area manager who is a friend of mine - she advised me to wait because because the incentives would be higher in favor of the consumer. No one could have predicted this would happen to us. But at the end of the day I got the dealer to meet me at a price I thought was fair for the both of us so I am a happy owner

VirtualRam

Reaction score
Looks like they're "double dipping" on the dealer discount and big horn package. Real incentives only come out to $5,000 for me. $1,000 less than yesterday.

ktl5005

Reaction score
Yes per Ram website consumer allowance is now only $2000. My local dealership website prices are updated and also reflect this.

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks like they're "double dipping" on the dealer discount and big horn package. Real incentives only come out to $5,000 for me. $1,000 less than yesterday.
I saw that same page, for the $12,500 off a Big Horn. As others have said it is misleading because of the package discount already being built into MSRP. And yeah, it is $1000 less than yesterday for just regular manufacturer rebates, though I think the $6000 rebates shown yesterday included $1000 in Chrysler Capital rebate. But there does not seem to be any Chrysler Capital rebate right now. They must not want to sell vehicles that bad these next two weeks, I was expecting rebates to go UP $1500-2000, not go down $1000. I would have already contacted a few dealers by now this morning if rebates went up as I expected. Like many others, I won't be buying until the prices come down. With competitors still keeping their normal rebates that are better than on the RAM, even if not spectacular, this is a bad move by FCA.

VirtualRam

Reaction score
I saw that same page, for the $12,500 off a Big Horn. As others have said it is misleading because of the package discount already being built into MSRP. And yeah, it is $1000 less than yesterday for just regular manufacturer rebates, though I think the $6000 rebates shown yesterday included $1000 in Chrysler Capital rebate. But there does not seem to be any Chrysler Capital rebate right now. They must not want to sell vehicles that bad these next two weeks, I was expecting rebates to go UP $1500-2000, not go down $1000. I would have already contacted a few dealers by now this morning if rebates went up as I expected. Like many others, I won't be buying until the prices come down. With competitors still keeping their normal rebates that are better than on the RAM, even if not spectacular, this is a bad move by FCA.
Seems like the $500 midwest bonus cash went away for me. The $500 Chrysler cash is gone too but wouldn't apply to me anyway. Glad I didn't pull the trigger, would have had to pickup Friday. Looks like it's time to wait and see what May brings.

PhatHalpert

Reaction score

I expected to do the same thing this morning. I actually decided to email one of the dealers I'm looking at and he just sent me an invoice with 7250 for rebates..

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I expected to do the same thing this morning. I actually decided to email one of the dealers I'm looking at and he just sent me an invoice with 7250 for rebates..
What trim? Did he break down the rebates or just give you the $7250 figure (wondering if it includes things like conquest, military, etc.)?

PhatHalpert

Reaction score
What trim? Did he break down the rebates or just give you the $7250 figure (wondering if it includes things like conquest, military, etc.)?
I haven't asked for a breakdown yet. He said he's been busy today. I emailed eight dealerships and he was by far the most cooperative, so I'm 99% sure that isn't any obscure incentive.
It's a big horn

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I haven't asked for a breakdown yet. He said he's been busy today. I emailed eight dealerships and he was by far the most cooperative, so I'm 99% sure that isn't any obscure incentive.
It's a big horn
Thank you. If you get a breakdown please post.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
If you didn’t agree on a price plus any factory rebates before ordering, then they have you exactly where they want. You want the truck you ordered, but didn’t agree on the price, so that’s that.

Factory rebates at the time the order placed don't play a role, rebates at the time of DELIVERY are the only ones that can be applied to the order. If you can order and receive the truck in the same month, you're good . If you ordered last month and the truck gets here in May, you get Mays rebates if any are available

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Rebates in my area (KS) reduced from $6k when I bought 6weeks ago, to $2k today. I qualified for $7k in rebates when I purchased, and assume some of the other conditional rebates still apply. Still, the only unconditional rebate remaining is the truck month rebate. Glad I purchased when I did.

Kaag

Reaction score
Is the 0% 84 month only for brand new vehicles or is a used 2020 eligible too?

Mother

Reaction score
I think the incentives are slowly getting added back on the site. The $500 Chrysler Capital bonus cash is back on there and that was missing earlier. My bet is the rest will trickle back in.

PhatHalpert

Reaction score
I think the incentives are slowly getting added back on the site. The $500 Chrysler Capital bonus cash is back on there and that was missing earlier. My bet is the rest will trickle back in.
You're right. I checked and it showed that. Then clicked refresh and $750 southwest popped up too. Also, my screenshot from earlier is gone, too. They're obviously messing with it. Interestingly, dealers are all over the place. One dealer has updated to reflect only $1000. Others still claim 7K.

Users who are viewing this thread