5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Boston

Reaction score
Trading after a year of ownership, in an environment with close to 20% discount on MSRP available to new truck buyers, of course you’re going to be er rammed by any dealer.

Leasing might work better, especially a two year lease.

Medic198

Reaction score
Looking o pull the trigger tomorrow or the next day. Would 15,000 off of MRSP on a limited 1500 (along with 2,000 extra in incentives) be about as good as most will get? 54,500 listed with dealer and incentive discounts, (plus 2k more that they dont have listed). Just seeing what the consensus is on that price. Thanks

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Looking o pull the trigger tomorrow or the next day. Would 15,000 off of MRSP on a limited 1500 (along with 2,000 extra in incentives) be about as good as most will get? 54,500 listed with dealer and incentive discounts, (plus 2k more that they dont have listed). Just seeing what the consensus is on that price. Thanks

Sounds like a deal similar to what I've been getting which I've been told was a good deal. I waited because I really want one with a MF Tailgate too. I'd give it 2 days and see what the April 15 incentives bring

jwtiger69

Reaction score
Man... How are you getting such good deals? I am stuck talking to dealers trying to get more than 6k off msrp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cravenfan

Reaction score
this happened to me too. I looked at a 19 longhorn demo that the manager was driving, 4500 miles, same price as the truck I bought lol. I mean WHAT!? lol. I was told this is the one we can get really aggressive on, the manager wants it gone so he can get his new demo. Ok, well with 4500 miles I’m going to need that 20% dealer or bust.

4500 miles and a demo...you should be pushing for 25% off...again, different time, but in November, I received 20% off my brand new (6 miles), rare, #ALLBLACKDODGERAM.

JKlem

Reaction score

That’s not with the 84 months at 0%, right ?

RichUT

Reaction score
Closing on a 20 Longhorn next week with Hemi eTorque, air suspension, MFT, pano sunroof, 12” screen and HK sound, 33 gallon tank and advanced safety.

MSRP is $69k and change and I’ll get it for $51.9k. Pretty happy with that, and seems like a salty deal.

I’ve never owned a truck before, but I’m super pumped to get my hands on this one.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Closing on a 20 Longhorn next week with Hemi eTorque, air suspension, MFT, pano sunroof, 12” screen and HK sound, 33 gallon tank and advanced safety.

MSRP is $69k and change and I’ll get it for $51.9k. Pretty happy with that, and seems like a salty deal.

I’ve never owned a truck before, but I’m super pumped to get my hands on this one.

how are you getting the price that low? What rebates?

RichUT

Reaction score
how are you getting the price that low? What rebates?

I’d love to claim that I am some sort of master negotiator, but that’s the price they had out there online:

The only thing I can lay claim to is getting them to give me another $1k on my trade, but they probably low balled me out of the gate. I pushed them for more of a discount on the truck, but they didn’t bite. They didn’t even put up a fight, have the sales manager come hassle me, or anything close to that. They said they were all in at that price and to let them know if I changed my mind.

I figured it’s a solid price and pretty much exactly what I wanted, so I called back the next day to put down a deposit.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’d love to claim that I am some sort of master negotiator, but that’s the price they had out there online:

The only thing I can lay claim to is getting them to give me another $1k on my trade, but they probably low balled me out of the gate. I pushed them for more of a discount on the truck, but they didn’t bite. They didn’t even put up a fight, have the sales manager come hassle me, or anything close to that. They said they were all in at that price and to let them know if I changed my mind.

I figured it’s a solid price and pretty much exactly what I wanted, so I called back the next day to put down a deposit.

that’s pretty crazy, 17% dealer discount... no hidden fees? Either something is off here or maybe you are getting the best deal we (at least me) have seen so far. I’d jump on that one!

RichUT

Reaction score
I jumped on it. I guess they could sell it out from under me if they wanted to be jerks, but I put the deposit down and will go back to purchase as soon as we close on our new house.

BowDown

Reaction score

You got an awesome deal, congrats

Jeffjjones

Reaction score
Agreed on this. 13-15% dealer discount (after dealer fees) is a VERY good discount. I see this can be found in some regions of the country a lot more easily than others, so you may quickly find yourself dissatisfied with pricing if your local guys aren’t willing to keep up to it.

There will be separate manufacturer rebates depending on trim and options. Those rebates are based on your home zip code, so they’re the same for you whether you drive to CA or NY to purchase. Each region gets different rebates, but you have to live within the region to see those.

I personally found my truck by searching on the ram trucks website and inserting different zip codes within a comfortable drive radius. My can use this tool to find exact or near matches to your search list. Truthfully, there are so many specific options that you could potentially build that it may be a struggle finding EXACTLY what you’d like to build. You’ll have to weight which options are most important to you, and be willing to drive a bit to get the best discount.

Let us know what region you’re in and I’m sure you can get some dealer recommendations from someone who has gone thru this process in your immediate area.

Thank you for all the replies. I am in Louisville KY and do not mind driving about a 100 miles. I know this thread is for 2019 models and I am looking for 2020 model, does the 15% off of MSRP still apply? Also is etorque that much worthwhile? This would be a leisure vehicle for vacation use only.

BowDown

Reaction score
Thank you for all the replies. I am in Louisville KY and do not mind driving about a 100 miles. I know this thread is for 2019 models and I am looking for 2020 model, does the 15% off of MSRP still apply? Also is etorque that much worthwhile? This would be a leisure vehicle for vacation use only.

Willing to drive 100 miles? Pfft, I'll drive from Dallas to Brownsville TX for a good deal. Hell, I'd walk a 100 miles, up hill (both ways) in the snow, barefoot with Joe Exotic and a tiger chasing me.

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score

If you’ve constrained yourself to 100mi, you’ve probably already found the best dealers to discuss a purchase with. I looked at 8 different states with intentions to drive to any of them if the truck met my criteria and the deal was substantial enough to warrant the time. I ended up driving about 5.5hrs each way for the vehicle I landed on.

To answer your questions, this thread applies to 2020s as well. 15% off MSRP on dealer discount would be an exceptional price. Add that to your local rebates and you’re sure to have yourself a handsome deal. I think in the end I ended up about 26% off, with around 14.5% on dealer discount (including dealer fees). I couldn’t find a dealer in 8 states who would beat that deal, but truthfully my options were very limited within the build sheet I was hoping for. This was on a 2020, about 6wks ago.

Truth be told, the dealers I shopped at are all $1-4K higher price right now. I’m seeing decreased stock levels with less options that meet my criteria now available, I suppose due to lack of supply with plants shut down.

Last edited:

Redd_Jedd

Reaction score
Good read on the state of used cars. Whole sale used car auctions have stopped and inventory is piling up, rippling through new car dealer's used sales, leasing and financing businesses. This may be the reason why many here are experiencing lower than expected trade-in offers from dealers, as the dealers may be prepping for a big drop in prices on the used cars they take as trade-ins, and the price they are going to get for those cars either through their own sales or via auctions in the coming months.

Users who are viewing this thread