5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Reading these last few pages got me wondering what my dealer has, so far the highest I’ve seen off MSRP is $14,976 on a 2020 ecodiesel Limited.
the dealer is still open, I called and my salesman said they are running shifts, keeping customer count to within state guidelines (10 or less) and selling at about 50% of normal.

With prices like this on a hot selling truck, I’d think they would do ok. Makes me wish I had known and waited, though the missus would “sniff-sniff” at a black interior diesel...

Engine:3.0L V6 Turbo Diesel Engine Gen 3 MPG Range:19/24, Color:Ivory White Tri-Coat Pearlcoat, interior Color:Black Leather, stock #:200926, Drive: 4WD

Last edited by a moderator:

zchamber

Reaction score
Willwork4truck: They are my dealer also and hard to find better (my experience!). But that price does include Conquest and Chrysler Capital but early in the month they do have direct to dealer rebates that do expire as month progresses. Otherwise, their pricing is never tricked up. On a separate note, this was the same pricing late Feb except the financing.

BlackBeauty14

Reaction score
Can you actually purchase from them? If not, how far into the purchase process can you get?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Not sure how far you can go. Ive seen some dealers offering to bring the vehicle to your home for you to test drive it and then later bring it back for delivery after you purchase.

PV6

Reaction score
I just bought a new ecodiesel (MSRP ~73k) and paid around 58k not including TTL. I did it entirely online (probably not wise, but so far it has been very smooth and the dealership was really helpful).

The online prices you see include every single possible rebate or discount that a perfect buyer could get under ideal conditions, and many will not apply to you, so the online price will inevitably go up for most customers.

StaceyR

Reaction score
Willwork4truck: They are my dealer also and hard to find better (my experience!). But that price does include Conquest and Chrysler Capital but early in the month they do have direct to dealer rebates that do expire as month progresses. Otherwise, their pricing is never tricked up. On a separate note, this was the same pricing late Feb except the financing.
My factory ordered Laramie has finally arrived at my dealer. Our deal is still only at the "7k off MSRP plus available incentives at delivery" offer on the build sheet. I know I'll get the extended incentives, including the conquest and Chrysler Credit ones (36 mo 0% in my case). I didn't ask about the direct to dealer rebates during our initial negotiations...my bad.

My question is...is it too late to request one...or more...of the direct to dealer rebates? I'm bummed that my window sticker shows a $350 price increase over the original build sheet (even though it doesn't seem to be updated on the official Ram website yet) and I'm sure the dealer will expect me to pay it. BTW-the timing of that increase sure is suspect! It's early in the month so if the they received direct to dealer rebates for April they should be available and would make up for the price increase.

Thoughts and suggestions?

TheRamMan

Reaction score
I just bought a new ecodiesel (MSRP ~73k) and paid around 58k not including TTL. I did it entirely online (probably not wise, but so far it has been very smooth and the dealership was really helpful).

The online prices you see include every single possible rebate or discount that a perfect buyer could get under ideal conditions, and many will not apply to you, so the online price will inevitably go up for most customers.
Wow! That had to be with no trade lol that’s a crazy deal what dealer is that haha

Sp13

Reaction score
Not sure how far you can go. Ive seen some dealers offering to bring the vehicle to your home for you to test drive it and then later bring it back for delivery after you purchase.
I actually heard back from a PA dealer today that has the truck I want. They said they cannot conduct any sales currently.

Sp13

Reaction score

It's frustrating that the dealers list all available rebates lumped into their "discounts". I wish they would be more straightforward with pricing. It's also irritating because discounts and rebates aren't the same thing, and they are treated differently for tax purposes, yet the dealers just lump everything into one large "discount".

jastevenson

Reaction score
Wow! That had to be with no trade lol that’s a crazy deal what dealer is that haha

People don’t seem to understand that it is the discount relative to MSRP, but the absolute discount, that matters.

in absolute terms that is a big discount, but that is because the MSRP is super high. In percentage terms that is about 20% off, which is about average.

rybocf

Reaction score
It's frustrating that the dealers list all available rebates lumped into their "discounts". I wish they would be more straightforward with pricing. It's also irritating because discounts and rebates aren't the same thing, and they are treated differently for tax purposes, yet the dealers just lump everything into one large "discount".

Along these lines, I'm struggling to figure out a good deal that includes the 0% / 84 months. If I want that deal I'm seeing people offering $5k off a 70k+ truck (just their own dealer discounting) and not much else. Two questions for you folks: What's the best discounting you have seen that includes the 0/84, AND what additional reduction in price should you expect on a dealer demo with 2k miles on it? I would greatly appreciate some if your experience. I'm in the northeast / Boston market.

Thanks

Gitter

Reaction score
Along these lines, I'm struggling to figure out a good deal that includes the 0% / 84 months. If I want that deal I'm seeing people offering $5k off a 70k+ truck (just their own dealer discounting) and not much else. Two questions for you folks: What's the best discounting you have seen that includes the 0/84, AND what additional reduction in price should you expect on a dealer demo with 2k miles on it? I would greatly appreciate some if your experience. I'm in the northeast / Boston market.

Thanks

Currently, there is no rebates AND the 0% for 84 months. That's what everyone is hoping will change as this drags on...

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Thanks

I bought in February with a $11k+ dealer discount. Assuming my rebates were exchanged for the 0% financing, I’d say you should be able to find dealers offering around $10k off sticker, give or take.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
A 70k dollar half ton truck is a joke. it’s still 56k dollars, so keep that in mind. No one should be paying much more than that for any half ton truck.
just one mans opinion.
It‘s more truck than my low-end Limited, this has the diesel, the level 1, 3.92, 33 gallon etc. I paid as much for my 19’, so even though $56 is a lot, this truck offers the buyer even more than a year ago was being offered up by FCA/RAM.

I’m not wanting a diesel, just noting that it’s got better options and standard equipment, as well as probable fixes to some previously reported problems from 2019. (Well, a/c being the exception, ahem).

Jeepdinger

Reaction score

Thanks

@rybocf I had a build sheet quoted by Craig Benner at Koons (forum sponsor). What he provides, if you reach out to him with a build sheet, is the requested build with msrp, invoice, and his discount applied. Based on what I had quoted, which was a $70k longhorn with almost everything, dealer invoice was about 5k below msrp and with his discount (8% below invoice) another 5k. So, the upfront dealer discount on ordering a new RAM was ~$10k for the build I was interested in. If you order, when you take delivery the national discounts applicable at time of delivery would then apply.

Based on your comments, your getting invoice price which is the $5k discount. You should be able to get another 5-7k off that price with some negotiating. That would put you in high 50s with dealer discounts which could be financed for 84 months at 0%. Or you can play game of other finance %s to get national incentives. If you're curious to see some baseline numbers then I recommend you reach out to Koons. They're listed on main forum page under forum sponsors near bottom of list. Craig responded quickly and provided simple document showing numbers. I've used his numbers as a reference for talking to other dealers. So, in march, Koons was pushing GC and listed in their march specials that all grand cherokees were 12% below invoice and dealer demos were 15% below invoice. For a dealer discount, this gives you a reference point for prices. This doesn't get into dealer rebates, coupons, hold back, and other items that people have discussed on this thread. Local options may vary, but this forum has been enlightening at seeing how pricing and deals work across the nation. With the right knowledge, you should be able to press for a better price. Best of luck.

I keep thinking I sound like someone pushing Koons. But they're the only dealership I've found that responds with upfront numbers. I like the simplicity. Other dealers I've talked to want to play games. When I'm ready to move on a truck, I intend to find best deal anywhere. However, the simplicity of Koons has made me inclined to compare everyone to them and possibly just go with them in end.

Last edited:

rybocf

Reaction score
@rybocf I had a build sheet quoted by Craig Benner at Koons (forum sponsor). What he provides, if you reach out to him with a build sheet, is the requested build with msrp, invoice, and his discount applied. Based on what I had quoted, which was a $70k longhorn with almost everything, dealer invoice was about 5k below msrp and with his discount (8% below invoice) another 5k. So, the upfront dealer discount on ordering a new RAM was ~$10k for the build I was interested in. If you order, when you take delivery the national discounts applicable at time of delivery .....

Thank you Jeepdinger! Very helpful. I don't need to get the absolute best deal around, I just want a good deal, and was hoping to get $10k off a 72k truck, reasonably fair deal on my trade, and the 0%/84 months. Your information leads me to believe I can make that happen. Certainly with a demo Longhorn I should be able to do that. I don't mind the dealers making a little money, they need to eat too, and with everything shut down here I want to do my part to keep the economy going....by spending some money! Thank you very much for your insight, really appreciate it.

zchamber

Reaction score
My factory ordered Laramie has finally arrived at my dealer. Our deal is still only at the "7k off MSRP plus available incentives at delivery" offer on the build sheet. I know I'll get the extended incentives, including the conquest and Chrysler Credit ones (36 mo 0% in my case). I didn't ask about the direct to dealer rebates during our initial negotiations...my bad.

My question is...is it too late to request one...or more...of the direct to dealer rebates? I'm bummed that my window sticker shows a $350 price increase over the original build sheet (even though it doesn't seem to be updated on the official Ram website yet) and I'm sure the dealer will expect me to pay it. BTW-the timing of that increase sure is suspect! It's early in the month so if the they received direct to dealer rebates for April they should be available and would make up for the price increase.

Thoughts and suggestions?
Its only late if you signed the docs and walked out! At start of the month they have Fast Start cash and based on past month's performance, Dealers get a set number of coupons and they can attach it to any deal they like but preferably to trucks that are hard to move, basically the GMs call. Usually they apply a set number to all trucks. So when you go there, you can push them on these and specifically ask to match other dealerships with similarly equipped trucks especially the large ones and having custom ordered does not make a whole lot of difference, you can still negotiate all the way to end. Best of luck

aodetailnj

Reaction score
I've been looking at Night edition Laramies but it's impossible to speak to anyone around me in NJ. PA dealerships are closed for sales so I can't go there, and NJ showrooms are closed. I've reached out to a few dealerships around me, but only 1 has responded. Their truck has an MSRP of 67,625 and they're selling it for 60,177. That price is still too high for me, but the truck also has a bunch of options I don't care for. This is the only dealership where I was actually able to speak with someone. It's a bit frustrating not to be able to get a hold of anyone.

I'm in the same boat in South Jersey. Who'd you get to respond? I haven't gotten anyone

Users who are viewing this thread