5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Placed my order today. MSRP on my limited was $66,355, I negotiated 10% off MSRP ($59.720) and qualified for 4k in rebates ($55,720). Dealer was just awesome....didn't waste my time since I new exactly what I wanted (and wasn't anywhere in the midwest). Now the wait begins!!

Nice. Who did you end up going with for your dealer? I see we are in the same area. :) I got pretty much an identical price on my Limited and a likewise great dealer experience at Southtown out of Indianola.

da_Vinci_of_sorts

Reaction score
Rebel Crew ->MSRP was $54,320.... I honestly lost track of incentives and rebates, but we ended up negotiating to $42,400. I qualify for supplier discount which is 1% below invoice, but I was lower than this before I brought it to the table.

I honestly think I could've done a little better, but we also had a trade with some negative equity they worked pretty hard on so I was happy with it in the end.

Zmoney

Reaction score
anyone on here know if a 1997 tahoe would qualify for the 1000 truck conquest ?

iceorphen

Reaction score
New here... how does this sound? Buying within the next week
$66,750 MSRP
$56500 after rebates/incentives, before fees/tax

v8 etorque
Black Diamond
Limited 4x4
Body color bumper
Level 1 Equipment
Anti-Spin diff
pano sunroof
22" wheels
trailer brake

anthtony

Reaction score
Nice. Who did you end up going with for your dealer? I see we are in the same area. :) I got pretty much an identical price on my Limited and a likewise great dealer experience at Southtown out of Indianola.
Cool!! Right around the corner from me. I put my order in at Stew Hansens in Urbandale! :)

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Cool!! Right around the corner from me. I put my order in a Stew Hansens in Urbandale! :)
Awesome. Those guys were nice, but came in pretty high on their initial offer. I know I could have gotten down to the price I wanted, but Southtown came in with their initial offer at it. Both Stew and Southtown are owned by the same parent company. I think Dewey as well. Welcome to the waiting party!

Cajunhemi

Reaction score
Been a few years but I’m Back in a Ram

63,780 limited, tow, level 1
53,750 before TTL

Visualize

Reaction score
New here... how does this sound? Buying within the next week
$66,750 MSRP
$56500 after rebates/incentives, before fees/tax

Can you separate the dealer discount and the rebates? That will help figure out if you're getting the best deal.

Visualize

Reaction score
Placed my order today. MSRP on my limited was $66,355, I negotiated 10% off MSRP ($59.720) and qualified for 4k in rebates ($55,720). Dealer was just awesome....didn't waste my time since I new exactly what I wanted (and wasn't anywhere in the midwest). Now the wait begins!!

Good job on the dealer discount, 10% is good. Can you clarify what the 4k in rebates are? I see (in my area) only $1500 rebates on the Limited. (Guessing you got $1000 truck conquest too)

anthtony

Reaction score
Good job on the dealer discount, 10% is good. Can you clarify what the 4k in rebates are? I see (in my area) only $1500 rebates on the Limited. (Guessing you got $1000 truck conquest too)

Here are my rebates (I have a Chevy Colorado lease, FYI)
Midwest Consumer Cash: $1,500
2019 Conquest Lease to Retail/ Lease: $1,000
Truck Owner Conquest Retail Bonus: $1,000
Midwest BC Iowa Bonus Cash: $500

I was also told I will receive the better of the current rebates/incentives OR whatever is available when I take delivery.

Believemeustink

Reaction score
Am I being realistic with myself when I go into these dealerships expecting a similar amount off MSRP via dealer discount for leasing that retail vehicles receive?

anthtony

Reaction score
Am I being realistic with myself when I go into these dealerships expecting a similar amount off MSRP via dealer discount for leasing that retail vehicles receive?
Absolutely. You should negotiate a lease just like a purchase. Then they take the negotiated "sale" price less the lease residual value to arrive at your lease balance. When I lease I always negotiate just like I am purchasing. For the 2019 RAM I ended up purchasing (we are consolidating a sedan and a truck into the RAM).

Hotrod9354

Reaction score
I have called 3 dealership already in New Jersey and not one would give me 10% or any % off the msrp (57,400)on a 2019 rebel. Am I doing something wrong lol

Lakewake

Site Supporter and Tracking
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Reaction score
I have called 3 dealership already in New Jersey and not one would give me 10% or any % off the msrp (57,400)on a 2019 rebel. Am I doing something wrong lol
Face to Face with them will do more than a phone call
Find the volume dealer

Users who are viewing this thread