5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

BostonBlueRam

Reaction score
Way to go. 13.3% dealer discount is one of the highest. How were you able to negotiate such a steep discount?
Hahha. Well I did a few things that I think all made a difference:

- I made an email script
- Went to ramtrucks.com and filtered on all the local dealers within a 50 mile radius from my house that got a Customer First award and emailed them all.
- Was persistent and only communicated with email.
** 3/4s of the dealers didn't want to even talk to me unless I came in
** the remaining 1/4 played ball
- The dealer I ultimately went with took three rounds. By the second round I had them almost in the ball park of the final price. Then I looked up a similiar priced car listing on cars.com that was lower then there price and hung that over there head - they gave in and I won the third round :)

The funny thing is that I usually never get a local dealer (from the northeast) to give me remotely close to what I can get for offers out west. But this time I lucked out, not only was this a dealer that was literally down the road, but they were one of the best deals I got!

true car is crap. there tracking is wrong .
So true! I have the paperwork to prove it!

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score
Placed an order today: 4x4 CC Patriot Blue Longhorn with New Saddle/Black interior, 5'7" bed, V6 eTorque, 3.55 ASD rear axle, Air Suspension, 33 gallon tank, Level 1, Advanced Safety, BUG, Rambox, Pano Roof, Trailer Brake Control.

MSRP: $66,540
Dealer price: $56,623
Current rebate: $1500
Purchase price: $55,123
Out the door (well, pre-trade in): $58,305

I'll see what the incentives look like when I pick it up, and see what kind of trade in value I get for my current car. Given that I ordered a v6 eTorque and RamBox, I'm guessing it'll be at least November before I see the truck.
Looks like I might see the truck before November, since it's in D1 now!

Updating the figures:

Dealer Discount: $9,916.95
Dealer Price: $56,623.05
Minus Rebates ($1,500 at time of order)
Purchase price at time of order: $55,123.05

That gives a discount percentage of 14.9%, which is the highest I've seen to date. I was targeting a 12% discount, so when the dealer offered that off the bat, I didn't even try to negotiate.

BostonBlueRam

Reaction score
Looks like I might see the truck before November, since it's in D1 now!

Updating the figures:

Dealer Discount: $9,916.95
Dealer Price: $56,623.05
Minus Rebates ($1,500 at time of order)
Purchase price at time of order: $55,123.05

That gives a discount percentage of 14.9%, which is the highest I've seen to date. I was targeting a 12% discount, so when the dealer offered that off the bat, I didn't even try to negotiate.

It only took you 1 round of negotiations??!

18aq.gif

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score
It only took you 1 round of negotiations??!

View attachment 4237
I'd really like to take all the credit as a truly kickass negotiator, but there was no negotiation!

I just emailed the dealer my desired config and asked what their price would be, and that's what he came back with.

Side note, none of the other local dealers I'd contacted came within $1.2k of that price.

BostonBlueRam

Reaction score
I'd really like to take all the credit as a truly kickass negotiator, but there was no negotiation!

I just emailed the dealer my desired config and asked what their price would be, and that's what he came back with.

Side note, none of the other local dealers I'd contacted came within $1.2k of that price.
Give yourself more credit, I think you have achieved the highest level of a automobile negotiator - the emails you send carry "the force" lol

Bwarren2

Reaction score
I have a deal on a 2019 Rebel short box, level 2, roof, steps.. no air suspension and no ram boxes... $57,500 -right at $9500 off plus a solid trade. Trying to decide if I I am willing to wait for one w want air suspension and ramboxes

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score

This is exactly what I did. Emailed dealers with my config and had them shoot me a price. Came in with a final sale price of 56,022 down from 66,150 after dealer discounts and rebates. Good job!

BostonBlueRam

Reaction score
Guys, I saw this bonus drive program that gives another $500 dollar coupon
https://bonusdrive.com/Home/EligibilitySearch

Supposedly PenFed is eligible but I couldn't get anything when I searched for them. I emailed to see if I can get a partner list from the program admin, I'll update if they send the list. I figure we can sign up with a credit union and get the extra $500 bucks! *crossing fingers*

Kaz

Reaction score
Type in a different zip code

I have, but that is tedious... I used this...

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/distances.html?n=70

Then found distances outside of so far from my location say, ~300 miles, and tried searching... never found an exact match, or anything with a Rambox frankly... I also used Edmunds inventory search, it allows for 500 mile radius, but was only able to find TWO Rambox equipped Limited nationwide.

Last edited:

itsrname2

Reaction score

Supposedly PenFed is eligible but I couldn't get anything when I searched for them. I emailed to see if I can get a partner list from the program admin, I'll update if they send the list. I figure we can sign up with a credit union and get the extra $500 bucks! *crossing fingers*

Thank you Very much for posting this. I am a State of Maryland employee and it is listed!! Thank you so much!! I think this is a after purchase thing? My truck is on order. I went to fill it out and it is asking for a purchase date.

BostonBlueRam

Reaction score
I have, but that is tedious... I used this...

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/distances.html?n=70

Then found distances outside of so far from my location say, ~300 miles, and tried searching... never found an exact match, or anything with a Rambox frankly... I also used Edmunds inventory search, it allows for 500 mile radius, but was only able to find TWO Rambox equipped Limited nationwide.
I tried cars.com. Use the keyword filter and put in rambox

BostonBlueRam

Reaction score
Thank you Very much for posting this. I am a State of Maryland employee and it is listed!! Thank you so much!! I think this is a after purchase thing? My truck is on order. I went to fill it out and it is asking for a purchase date.
Nice, glad to see it is helping! Let me know if/when you get the $500. I have to see if I am eligible for it myself.

Lights_out

Reaction score
Last edited:

BostonBlueRam

Reaction score

Participating BonusDrive Organizations (Just a Few)
Here are just a few of the major participating organizations in the BonusDrive program, but there are many more available than those listed here:
Insurance Companies
  • Allstate
  • MetLife
Banks / Employers
  • Bank of America
  • Bank of the West
  • Barclays Bank
  • Compass Bank
  • Guaranty Bank
  • M&T Bank
  • Webster Bank
Credit Unions
  • Alliant Credit Union (Open Membership)
  • Brightstar Credit Union
  • Consumers Credit Union
  • Education Credit Union
  • Elevations Credit Union
  • Landmark Credit Union
  • United Credit Union
Associations
  • American Legion Auxiliary
  • National Association of Railroad Passengers
  • National Association of Retired & Federal Employees
These are just some examples of organizations that can be found when searching for eligible memberships, but there are many more available that are not listed above.

BostonBlueRam

Reaction score
Here are just a few of the major participating organizations in the BonusDrive program, but there are many more available than those listed here:
Insurance Companies
  • Allstate
  • MetLife
Banks / Employers
  • Bank of America
  • Bank of the West
  • Barclays Bank
  • Compass Bank
  • Guaranty Bank
  • M&T Bank
  • Webster Bank
Credit Unions
  • Consumers Credit Union
  • Education Credit Union
  • Landmark Credit Union
  • United Credit Union
Associations
These are just some examples of organizations that can be found when searching for eligible memberships, but there are many more available that are not listed above.

Unfortunately this list might be outdated, some of them don't show as eligible anymore.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Insurance Companies
  • Allstate
  • MetLife
Banks / Employers
  • Bank of America
  • Bank of the West
  • Barclays Bank
  • Compass Bank
  • Guaranty Bank
  • M&T Bank
  • Webster Bank
Credit Unions
  • Consumers Credit Union
  • Education Credit Union
  • Landmark Credit Union
  • United Credit Union
Associations
My employer is part of this as well; it's a fixed $250 check for FCA vehicles.

Users who are viewing this thread