5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

omamatt

Reaction score
I saw the autonation limiteds, they didnt have Limited Level 1 options. I was looking at one at autonation Katy Tx that was 44k but no level 1.

Autonation North Richland hills has a few 44k limiteds, they are not level 1s though. Grapevine has some 4-5 for 42k

Grapevine was one of the dealers that would not negotiate the removal of their ‘add ons’. That normal for Dallas area dealers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roddog2220

Reaction score
I saw the autonation limiteds, they didnt have Limited Level 1 options. I was looking at one at autonation Katy Tx that was 44k but no level 1.

Autonation North Richland hills has a few 44k limiteds, they are not level 1s though. Grapevine has some 4-5 for 42k

grapevine adds that stupid 1k mop AND glow bs, dealers who do that crack me up

Roddog2220

Reaction score

it says level 1 package, what options are you referring 2?

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
it says level 1 package, what options are you referring 2?

Level 1, that may be a new truck they received since I've looked.
What is level 2, the driving aids minus the 19 speaker and some other items? I dont think that you can get both level 1 and 2 on the limited, it's one or the other and I think level 1 includes options in 2.

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i saw a dealer in east dallas adds 2500 of mop and glow, non negotiable lol rockwall i believe

My dealer in OKC added roughly $2500 in additional fees and services, but their discount off of MSRP was over $18k on a Laramie. Sometimes it makes sense to pay the fees, the total discount still beat my other options handily. The fees are ridiculous, but so was the discount... and I got some tinted windows and all weather mats out of the deal... so I guess there’s the silver lining!

familyman

Reaction score
My dealer in OKC added roughly $2500 in additional fees and services, but their discount off of MSRP was over $18k on a Laramie. Sometimes it makes sense to pay the fees, the total discount still beat my other options handily. The fees are ridiculous, but so was the discount... and I got some tinted windows and all weather mats out of the deal... so I guess there’s the silver lining!
Grapevine added some bull crap tracker fee for $1k, but overall was 19k off MSRP on a 19 limited back in October.... I finally caved. Love the truck, so much nicer and for significantly cheaper than Ford and Chevy dealers around town.

Kornfrk2727

Reaction score
Anyone on here still lurking at dealers during this weird time? Trying to shoot for 25%-30% tomorrow when I go in.

omamatt

Reaction score
Anyone on here still lurking at dealers during this weird time? Trying to shoot for 25%-30% tomorrow when I go in.

I keep mind bobbling...is not the time or not. With plants being shut demand is going to increase. With health concerns and lock downs people will stay home and not spend. It’s a crapshoot which way it’s going to go. I really think everyone will be so ‘excited’ to be free again there’s going to be a spending spree. My gut, which is wrong a lot, is deals are best now and next few weeks...thoughts?

Gitter

Reaction score
I keep mind bobbling...is not the time or not. With plants being shut demand is going to increase. With health concerns and lock downs people will stay home and not spend. It’s a crapshoot which way it’s going to go. I really think everyone will be so ‘excited’ to be free again there’s going to be a spending spree. My gut, which is wrong a lot, is deals are best now and next few weeks...thoughts?

That spending spree will be so true for some, but don't forget that thousands are being laid-off or are not getting paid while at home. Earlier today news broke saying that FCA just axed 2,000 workers due to COVID-19

Mitchrob85

Reaction score
That spending spree will be so true for some, but don't forget that thousands are being laid-off or are not getting paid while at home. Earlier today news broke saying that FCA just axed 2,000 workers due to COVID-19
Agreed. Some will spend and some likely won't because they've been out of work, and these vehicles bare expensive enough as is. Best deals last year were around spring/summer, with the best deals coming in June. Assuming something similar for this year and adding in the whole Corona virus, I would think prices would be even better. I can't see, at a minimum, any of the big 3 removing the 84 months/0% next month. They should be extended... question is, will rebates/discounts increase? Based on the current market, or lack thereof, prices should drop even more in the coming month/months.

StaceyR

Reaction score

My feelings exactly. If the factory can't build trucks and keep the pipeline filled where is their incentive to push sales with higher incentives? Maybe good dealer deals for a couple of weeks but once current inventory starts to dry up the great deal will as well. I'm waiting on a factory order (just built before they shut down) but considering backing out until things sort themselves out. Lots to consider but I'll need to decide soon as my truck will arrive soon!

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
I'm working on a Limited now, MSRP of $64,480.
Currently down to $47,635 with rebates and dealers discount, no trades.
Thats sick but good for you! I pd $7K more last year...

All you new buyers need to remember the $250 Bonus Drive rebate...

I don't see how dealerships will still be open to buy a truck though. Not for awhile anyway. They are hardly "essential businesses" when your area gets shut down like our county starting Friday at 5 pm...

Vols1018

Reaction score
Dealers here in MD were just told that they are essential and are opening back up for sales and service. That makes sense why they are all texting and calling me again. They are still playing hard ball saying that prices aren't going to get better and it wont be anything like previously where there were massive deals because of what was said on here, the inventory. I just flat out told them that I was willing to take the risk of seeing what was going to happen.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
I picked up my first Ram yesterday. MSRP was $69,170 and I ended up OTD for just over $56,000.
remember to check that Bonus Drive rebate. Google it or go onto the new members threads, usually Patsy 1099 has posted the info and link.

Users who are viewing this thread