5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

tdog65

Reaction score
So if you're like me and thinking about getting a used Ram Limited loaded (Level 1, Pano roof,) in color I want I'm finding them low miles around or under 20k miles for right around 44-46 asking price on average. I hate new car depreciation so I almost never buy new. But heck I'm wondering if you couldn't get that limited New for 48-49 with incentives soon.
PS this forum has me wore out. I really want a Ram limited just love the whole package but keep hearing over and over same issues. One min decide I'm keeping my king ranch for a few more years then see a ram on road and I'm back at these forums pouring over them again. My big concerns are the leaks and AC. just wish I would see where Ram addressed and fixed those. All great info here though.

omamatt

Reaction score
Thoughts on below?

MSRP: $75,890
Negotiated Price pre-rebates: $64,835
Rebates: $6,500
Dealer Fee: $100
Total Price: $58,435

This will be my first Ram since 1995!
And I'm signing tomorrow...but to sweeten the deal they threw in an extra $1000 over book on my trade, so finished at just shy of 25%. Not sure I'm going to see much better in the coming months. If we do, I will be maybe a percent or two. Not worth waiting.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
So if you're like me and thinking about getting a used Ram Limited loaded (Level 1, Pano roof,) in color I want I'm finding them low miles around or under 20k miles for right around 44-46 asking price on average. I hate new car depreciation so I almost never buy new. But heck I'm wondering if you couldn't get that limited New for 48-49 with incentives soon.
PS this forum has me wore out. I really want a Ram limited just love the whole package but keep hearing over and over same issues. One min decide I'm keeping my king ranch for a few more years then see a ram on road and I'm back at these forums pouring over them again. My big concerns are the leaks and AC. just wish I would see where Ram addressed and fixed those. All great info here though.
I have a 19’ limited, son does too. I have no leaks, brake groan, rattles, issues with the 12” or most any of the reported problems. excepting the less than wonderful ac, but there’s a pretty well researched hack for that. We get a solid 15/20 mpg with 3.21 non ET. My son’s similar 3.21 CC 4x4 (longbed) doesn't get the same gas mileage but he’s 30, we drive differently.

Forums are mostly enthusiasts, with some people complaining, and some just researching. I‘d never own anything if all I did was read forums.

Life is short, take a risk and drive what you’d like. Ford, GM, RAM, if you like it then buy it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Grip750

Reaction score
New member here. Prices have dropped at a local dealer. 16,500 in discounts for Laramie crew cab sport with 12 in screen.
What area and dealer? The dealers near me are only at about 12k discount on the lLaramie

Boston

Reaction score
Everyone is closed in Mass. I got lucky on the day they closed down to test drive a Laramie cc. First time I think I’ve seen MAx Steel in person and I like it. $59k down time $49 k inc rebates.

sjh0316

Reaction score
Thanks; this is in Maryland. Will share dealer info once I sign paperwork later this morning and can say whether or not I recommend them. So far it’s been fine.

Deal stayed same; they didn’t even really try any nonsense in the finance office with dealer packages/warranties etc; just sign and drive. Darcars CDJR in Rockville, MD.

FWIW, I agree with those that have posted that have said incentives/pricing will likely be better in the coming months. In my case, I found the exact truck/options I wanted at a price I was happy with.

Jr2121

Reaction score
I’ve got black 19 Limited with almost every feature. 22s, ram box, pano, etc.

If you’re really interested pm me and we could discuss price.

I love this truck. Kept clean, been detailed twice. I work in real estate so it’s not been ridden hard. 20k miles. Sticker was $68,300

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Linn Mo. Butler CDJR
I just looked at their website, seems ok, they spell out the details of the offers and incentives, so a $69K limited that was pretty well loaded up was down to low 50’s. Seems legit. Way better than what I bought last April, and get the MFT and ET motor.

Course “the times they are a changin’“ now on the economy as well as incentives. I wonder if the $3K truck month will go away at the end of the month, like about this weekend?

namechecksout

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick responses! Its after rebates. Its a pretty fully optioned Rebel at 65k msrp. Not financing thru FCA so .. I am concerned with an upcoming lack of product in the pipeline though.
Hate dealing with these guys! Hands are dirty even before COVID! Don't want to touch anything when you drive away.

I am looking at a very similar truck: diesel Rebel at that price-point. Very curious to see what you end up doing and what happens with April!

I am gratefully in no rush, but also want to leverage timing if It’s possible. I would say it’s a bit like playing tables in Vegas, except that Vegas is completely shut down right now. Strange times indeed.

Mitchrob85

Reaction score
I agree, if I had a product in minimal supply I wouldn't sell it for less either. However, if no one was buying my product like they had before, I would certainly sell them for less then so I could have some money to survive.

Add me to the list that will be watching prices over the next few months, I was planning on keeping my current truck until I could pick up a lightly used 21 (for uconnect 5 mostly) in a year or two, but if I can get what I consider a deal I couldn't refuse, I'll "settle" for a 19 or 20. That being said most people I mention this to think I'm crazy, which only reassures me that not many people will be car shopping anytime soon.

Time will tell, either way it will be interesting to see what happens. Great place to be in as a consumer looking to buy, but not needing to at all. It won't hurt my feelings if it doesn't happen as I love my current truck and will be happy to drive it a little while longer.

I just looked at their website, seems ok, they spell out the details of the offers and incentives, so a $69K limited that was pretty well loaded up was down to low 50’s. Seems legit. Way better than what I bought last April, and get the MFT and ET motor.

Course “the times they are a changin’“ now on the economy as well as incentives. I wonder if the $3K truck month will go away at the end of the month, like about this weekend?
The financing special was just released so it would seem premature for then to remove it starting next month IMO. Sure, FCA isn't building vehicles at the moment so there isn't a massive incentive to move cars necessarily, but the current state of the economy coupled with dealers either being shut down or only doing viewings by appointment only really suggests a majority of people aren't purchasing vehicles at the moment. A record amount of unemployment claims were just filed and stocks are taking a proverbial dump. Those close to retirement are now unable to as a result. I cant imagine any of these individuals going out and buying a vehicle in their situation with the current state of affairs. Further, the media has done a great job of spreading both information and fear regarding the virus (cons and negatives to this approach). This is turn has kept families at home, not going out like they normally would to go and pump money into the economy. I am by no means an expert, and this is only my opinion, but I just don't see how vehicle prices could do anything but decrease/incentives increase until there is positive news regarding the CV. There is nothing to compare this to either. What FCA was charging for vehicles last year can't be the same during these times because all of this is unprecedented; unemployment is high and the fear is real. Long story short, I think the incentives will get better.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does everyone here know this..... you can click on the details....see attached. They could do the same thing again in April, I’m not saying they will or won’t, but this does end on Tuesday along with all the other current rebates. And notice the whole “not compatible with other incentives” piece as well.

so on April 1 (Wednesday) there will be new promotions. Sometimes they take a day or two to post them, but given the scenario now, I imagine they will be up by 4am EST. Could be same, could be better, could be worse. But there will be a new one. I suggest if you have seen a truck your interested in, you be ready to jump on it Wednesday or Thursday.

but who knows, they might not get crazy with the sales incentives just yet until this thing calms down and they see the total effect. We could even see this trickle into 2021 models if they decide to end production on 2020s early.

At some point though, they are going to have no choice but to aggressively push sales to make up for this.

Attachments

• C38F3014-AB50-4BED-8041-11B83E8D2DF2.jpeg
    C38F3014-AB50-4BED-8041-11B83E8D2DF2.jpeg
    106.8 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

Mitchrob85

Reaction score
Does everyone here know this..... you can click on the details....see attached. They could do the same thing again in April, I’m not saying they will or won’t, but this does end on Tuesday along with all the other current rebates. And notice the whole “not compatible with other incentives” piece as well.

so on April 1 (Wednesday) there will be new promotions. Sometimes they take a day or two to post them, but given the scenario now, I imagine they will be up by 4am EST. Could be same, could be better, could be worse. But there will be a new one. I suggest if you have seen a truck your interested in, you be ready to jump on it Wednesday or Thursday.

but who knows, they might not get crazy with the sales incentives just yet until this thing calms down and they see the total effect. We could even see this trickle into 2021 models if they decide to end production on 2020s early.

At some point though, they are going to have no choice but to aggressively push sales to make up for this.
I completely agree. I'm ready to buy as long as incdntives are as good or better in the next 3 weeks. Fingers crossed for all potential buyers in the upcoming months we get some good prices.

cmdr bobert

Reaction score
Many dealers have handled the slowdown by laying off lots of staff. For now, that should stop the bleeding of sales.

the institutions that finance the dealers inventory are also giving them a break.

There is no reason to believe we are near distress selling like was seen in 2008-2009 with all the manufacturers *yet*.

Just my .02, the time to wait for fire sales will be the fall. By that point it should be clear if/when a vaccine is available, whether the economy was able to rebound from current conditions, and whether covid will return strong in the fall.

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My concern is about the quality of trucks coming off the line after the factory has been shut down for weeks or months and production restarts. Not only will the workers be rusty in assembly and QC, but all the various parts from suppliers will be too.

rockerdan

Reaction score
Wow all these big discounts im reading here. Are these only on IN STOCK trucks?

For me I always order a new truck build as these are never in stock, and this is what dealer just sent me. It looks to be $9112 off sticker. He claims this is best deal ever. I had hoped for better. 0% for 84 will certainly help the payment but I was thinking much deeper discount with all that is happening these days. Thoughts?

Resized_image000000.jpeg

BowDown

Reaction score
Wow all these big discounts im reading here. Are these only on IN STOCK trucks?

For me I always order a new truck build as these are never in stock, and this is what dealer just sent me. It looks to be $9112 off sticker. He claims this is best deal ever. I had hoped for better. 0% for 84 will certainly help the payment but I was thinking much deeper discount with all that is happening these days. Thoughts?

View attachment 50739

My understanding is that you will get the incentives in place when the truck is delivered, not ordered so if their are any incentives available when your truck arrives, you should get them

Users who are viewing this thread