5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

alamgirian6329

Reaction score
Anyone think they know what incentives and rebates will be in January? Somebody accurately predicted employee pricing last month before it happened. My custom order has been stuck in "D" status for 60 days so trying to decide what to do.

I am interested in that too - they made me sign the paper with price on my Longhorn, but also stated that if incentives are better in Jan, I will get them.

They kept saying chances are that the price wont get better, as they are taking a gamble/pricing it low in advance - but my offer was WITHOUT employee pricing, and I am anticipating inentives better since there wont be employee pricing for the next month - so they gotto have some other discounts to move the trucks , No ?

Shmannion13

Reaction score
2020 granite crystal rebel .... no-Etorgue .... coil suspension rebel 12, level 2 equipment group pano sunroof .... msrp 59474- paid $50000 before taxes.

Attachments

• 46629846-DFB9-4F8A-A693-CBEA99D339F4.png
    46629846-DFB9-4F8A-A693-CBEA99D339F4.png
    781 KB · Views: 74

bdpeter

Reaction score
Just needed to vent a bit - got pre-approved through Chrysler Capital for over MSRP. Then spoke to 5 different dealers about a Limited truck over the weekend and today. 5.7, e-torque, rambox, MFT, pano, BCB, etc.. Basically a fully loaded 2020 1500.

There was up to $5.5k difference between low & high estimates for the same configuration. Some dealers took out the destination fee and added it back in later, others ignored the EP pricing completely but gave 0.0% financing for 36 months, and one dealer said they couldn't pull up my application because I did it on the Chrysler site, not their financing site! The other dealer had no problem with it but gave me some crazy rate. Then there's the gamut of documentation fees, advertising fees, window etching and destination/prep fees.

All in all an incredibly frustrating experience in trying to find, negotiate and buy a new truck.

Anyone know of an honest dealer in NJ?

Wishing everyone else a smoother experience. Happy New Year to all!

Novaeng

Reaction score
Just needed to vent a bit - got pre-approved through Chrysler Capital for over MSRP. Then spoke to 5 different dealers about a Limited truck over the weekend and today. 5.7, e-torque, rambox, MFT, pano, BCB, etc.. Basically a fully loaded 2020 1500.

There was up to $5.5k difference between low & high estimates for the same configuration. Some dealers took out the destination fee and added it back in later, others ignored the EP pricing completely but gave 0.0% financing for 36 months, and one dealer said they couldn't pull up my application because I did it on the Chrysler site, not their financing site! The other dealer had no problem with it but gave me some crazy rate. Then there's the gamut of documentation fees, advertising fees, window etching and destination/prep fees.

All in all an incredibly frustrating experience in trying to find, negotiate and buy a new truck.

Going through the exact same thing in NJ as we speak. Also getting "the Employee Pricing is the Dealer discount" from some dealers as well. I'd be interested to hear if you find anything and I'll keep you posted on my end.

Current lease isn't up until April, so I've got time, but I was hoping to take advantage of end of year and EP Plus.

Tkshaffer

Reaction score
Black Rebel Crew with Rambox, safety group, bed utility and rebel 12 black interior. MSRP was over 63k. Got 11k off before TT&L, didn't have to finance through FCA and a really fair trade value. I was pleased.

dumbo62

Reaction score

I know how you feel. Apparently, many dealers get some kind of kickback from FCA providing you sign up for outrageous financing APR. That is the great advertised price you will see and the dealers will tell you that you can always refinance in a few months. I ended up buying a 2019 Limited because it had the 0% for 60 months even though I lost one of the $1000 rebates. I used the Autotrader website to find the best price for what I wanted. Subtracted $1000 from the advertised price ( to get the 0% financing for 60 month) and ended up flying from Reno to Oklahoma City (visited relatives and went skiing on the way back). Make sure to get a detailed Purchase Agreement with everything broken down. Make sure you qualify for the rebates. Also if you live in California, that it meets California Emission Standards.

RamGuy18

Reaction score
Preparing to pull the trigger tomorrow but believe I have a good deal with 26% off MSRP before TTL. Had to hunt for quite a while to find it and sacrifice an option or two I wanted.

2019 Limited 4x4 CC 5’-7” box
Granite Crystal

$69,295 MSRP
($13,426) “Savings”
($5,750) “Rebates”
$1,147 Dealer Accessories (aka BS markup)
$51,266 Subtotal (26%)
$280 Fees
$3,582 Sales Tax
$55,128 Total (20.4%)

I’m told this includes all fees, tag transfer and title. But I need to find out how they got to their sales tax amount which is only 6% here in FL plus $250 county sales tax which would total $3,326 using the subtotal figure above.

They tried at first telling me the “dealer accessories” was for window tint, locking lug nuts, bedliner, and a pin stripe. When I explained the trim package included a bedliner and there was no pin stripe, they reduce it by $250 and said they have to make money somehow. Normally I’d be inclined to buy elsewhere out of principle but haven’t found anyone close to their price. Hopefully the final paperwork tomorrow matches up with everything they’ve provided thus far but I wouldn’t put it past them to try and slip something in.

alanlong2

Reaction score
New 2019 Laramie Crew 4x4 V6.

MSRP $48k
Price before taxes/fees $37k
OTD $39.6k
Includes 0% for 60 and delivery from Ohio to Michigan without stepping foot in dealership.

The 0% was important to me as it's worth about $3k over the course of the loan compared to if I had financed through my bank at 3%.

I wonder how others are working the deals with financing in mind?

yifa

Reaction score
New 2019 Laramie Crew 4x4 V6.

MSRP $48k
Price before taxes/fees $37k
OTD $39.6k
Includes 0% for 60 and delivery from Ohio to Michigan without stepping foot in dealership.

The 0% was important to me as it's worth about $3k over the course of the loan compared to if I had financed through my bank at 3%.

I wonder how others are working the deals with financing in mind?
I bought my rebel this month msrp53k I got it otd for 46k but I have to finance through Chrysler it charged me 7% interest and I have 800 credit score. Good thing is I can refinance after 3 months my bank offer me 2.5% interest rates.

Attachments

• 20EC0E91-AEE0-4444-ABE7-F59961BCD6D4.jpeg
    20EC0E91-AEE0-4444-ABE7-F59961BCD6D4.jpeg
    148.3 KB · Views: 41
  • 17223ADD-61C4-4714-B19B-B436F21AD37F.jpeg
    17223ADD-61C4-4714-B19B-B436F21AD37F.jpeg
    197 KB · Views: 38

Chavez98

Reaction score
I bought my rebel this month msrp53k I got it otd for 46k but I have to finance through Chrysler it charged me 7% interest and I have 800 credit score. Good thing is I can refinance after 3 months my bank offer me 2.5% interest rates.
Is it in the contract that you have to wait 3 months?

Extole

Reaction score
Hi is this a good deal? Im getting ready to pull the trigger but just wanted to make sure if I am getting a good deal or not.

Ram Rebel 2020
msrp: $55,145
Taxes: $4134
Govt Fees 765.75
Doc Fee: $85
Rebates: (I do not qualify for the truck Conquest nor milatary)
Payment Plan: Have not discussed how many months or anything

Final OTD Price (including tax and fees) : $48,900

Mitig

Reaction score
Registered to share this info since I used many of yours as research, bought today 12/31/19:

2020 Ram Rebel

MSRP: $58,370

Selling Price (dealer discount + employee discount + rebates + "dealer options"): $46,095
+ fees: $46,449.50
+ taxes: $49,413 OTD

Extole

Reaction score
Registered to share this info since I used many of yours as research, bought today 12/31/19:

2020 Ram Rebel

Selling Price (dealer discount + employee discount + rebates + "dealer options"): $46,095
Hey, wondering if you qualified for all the rebates for this deal like the conquest, military etc

Mitig

Reaction score
Hey, wondering if you qualified for all the rebates for this deal like the conquest, military etc

Conquest - Yes, I have an old truck I brought the registration in for.
Military - No
I did finance with them for 60 @ low 3%, I'm sure that was a rebate.

My ticket ended up showing $3000 in rebates all said and done - I did not ask what they were all for, just told them to get me to 46 and we had a deal. I had an offer from another dealership for 47.5 I got over the phone the day before I brought with me.

Very minor negotiations on my part.

yifa

Reaction score

2020 Ram Rebel

Can I see your sticker you got a really good deal. I wanna know what options do you have . I paid 46k for my 2019 rebel msrp is 53k

Attachments

• 7A323F04-732D-4ED3-99D8-A2A5FBE99C85.jpeg
    7A323F04-732D-4ED3-99D8-A2A5FBE99C85.jpeg
    148.3 KB · Views: 49

alanlong2

Reaction score
Conquest - Yes, I have an old truck I brought the registration in for.
Military - No
I did finance with them for 60 @ low 3%, I'm sure that was a rebate.

My ticket ended up showing $3000 in rebates all said and done - I did not ask what they were all for, just told them to get me to 46 and we had a deal. I had an offer from another dealership for 47.5 I got over the phone the day before I brought with me.

Very minor negotiations on my part.
Call Chrysler capital. Dealer told me same thing when I got my Pacifica. Was a lie, I refinances right away no penalty.

Users who are viewing this thread