5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

ram!TH@rd

Reaction score
Does anyone know if conquest cash I valid on a Chevy Colorado? Being told by dealer it does not. How do I confirm?

Dealer is correct.. Colorado is considered a 1/4 ton pickup.. The conquest cash is only applicable to 1/2 ton pickups. I tried the same with my 2016 tacoma

Vettnman

Reaction score
As some of you know, my 19 laramie was totaled after only 6 weeks of ownership. I'm amazed that these dealers sitting on 19s wont budge on the price. I got a better deal on mine 2 months ago (62k sticker, paid 47,500) . I did manage to get a dealer down from 57k on a 2020 to 47k. 50k even otd. I tried to get 49k and couldn't get them to budge. Another in ky wants 49k otd which is tempting but by the time I get it here in NC, I'm at the same price pretty much as the one here for 50k. I'm not a fan of all these dealer incentives and rebates. I like just making an offer and take it or leave it. I'll keep looking

Grilleguy

Reaction score
As some of you know, my 19 laramie was totaled after only 6 weeks of ownership. I'm amazed that these dealers sitting on 19s wont budge on the price. I got a better deal on mine 2 months ago (62k sticker, paid 47,500) . I did manage to get a dealer down from 57k on a 2020 to 47k. 50k even otd. I tried to get 49k and couldn't get them to budge. Another in ky wants 49k otd which is tempting but by the time I get it here in NC, I'm at the same price pretty much as the one here for 50k. I'm not a fan of all these dealer incentives and rebates. I like just making an offer and take it or leave it. I'll keep looking

Not sure where in NC you are at, but I bought a 2wd Laramie at John Heister CDJR in Sanford over the weekend. I got 24% off sticker. Negotiation lasted less than 45 minutes. Ask for Ethan Moody, he was my sales guy. Tell him Dan Baker, from PA referred you to him.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A lot of the pricing has to do with the rebates and what not and how the deal is structured (on their end). The “fixed” dealer discount (employee pricing) often times just isn’t that good.

Vettnman

Reaction score
Not sure where in NC you are at, but I bought a 2wd Laramie at John Heister CDJR in Sanford over the weekend. I got 24% off sticker. Negotiation lasted less than 45 minutes. Ask for Ethan Moody, he was my sales guy. Tell him Dan Baker, from PA referred you to him.

Sanford is about 90 min from me. I've been talking to hiester in lillington. They found me that 20 for 50k. Theres just not that many dealers out there anymore that want to deal

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A few members have mentioned the desire to have a price paid thread so I decided to do one and pin it here so it will be easy for everyone to find.

I think the best way to make this thread is as follows:
MSRP of the specific truck
What Rebates and incentives were applied and $ amounts
Any further negotiations
Final price

Please do not include trade in values, taxes, OTD price or anything like that as those are all variable depending on where you live etc. Rebates and incentives are also regional so also please post up where you purchased the truck and when.

Example:

2016 Ram 1500 Sport

MSRP $64,440
-$10,000 rebate from Ram
-$1000 skilled trades rebate
-$3940 additional negotiated at dealer
=$49,500 paid

Vancouver. B.C August 2016
2019 Laramie sport
Msrp 62,440
Discounts 14,000
Also had the ram step tubes and ram mud flaps included in the deal.
paid 48,440. I did have a trade and they gave me more then it was even worth. I drove 1000 miles each way for what I thought was a great deal?

MarkM

Reaction score
So I pulled the trigger on a 2020 Limited 4x4 with Level 1, Black Appearance, Pano-Roof, MFT. Pick it up today.

MSRP $69.5
Selling Price $59.7 or ~14.1% before TTL fees.

May not be the biggest percent off compared to some of the deals on here but it was pretty painless encounter which for me was great. I was closer to 15% off before I learned by Colorado was not eligible for the conquest cash. I have no ill feelings for not getting something better. It is a tough truck to get as not many of them around. Had a deal almost locked in a few days ago elsewhere but it was sold at same time. They had multiple people going after it. Just sharing what I kind of deal I got which probably wasn't too hard to get for anyone with the employee pricing. Looking forward to enjoying the truck. Coming out of a Chevy Colorado so looking forward to the additional capabilities and cabin space. No issues with my Chevy just really like the new Ram design, features, etc.

M

Pepper

Reaction score
2020 RAM 1500 Limited - 5.7L Hemi - Black/Black - Ram Box - Multi Function Tailgate - Dual Panel Sunroof - 33 gallon fuel tank - 22" wheels - Ltd Level 1 Group - BUG

MSRP: $70,465
Paid: $54,498 (22.66% off MSRP)
Trade: 2018 F-150 Black Widow
Added after sale price: Retrax Pro MX Tonneau Cover ($1600), Floor Mats ($250).
Purchased and signed contract on 12/2/2019

Here is a link to the dealer with some more deals if anyone is looking or interested. Obviously they have a great deal more but just a quick post.
Full disclosure, No affiliation, don't work for them, I am not in the car business, I was not in any way asked or paid to endorse or mention. I own an oil and gas drilling and consulting company.

Black - https://www.rockwalldodge.com/inven...d-four-wheel-drive-crew-cab-1c6srfht2ln145491
White - https://www.rockwalldodge.com/inven...d-four-wheel-drive-crew-cab-1c6srfht1ln190924

Last edited:

htownbrewer

Reaction score
Here is a link to the dealer with some more deals if anyone is looking or interested.

Wow, these are way better prices than I'm seeing in Houston. I'm looking for a Rebel and the best I can get down here is 11-12% off, but the prices this dealer is advertising on-line is 18-19%. Maybe I'll make the 4-hour drive.

Does anyone know if there will be any end of year incentives later this month?

Grouper

Reaction score
In the 4th sentence, it says "Must take delivery by 12-02-2019", so I guess you could order one if they could build and deliver it in a couple days.
Now the disclosure says "Must take retail delivery by 01/02/2020." Still not likely to be able to take delivery of an ordered truck in that time frame, though.

Pepper

Reaction score
Now the disclosure says "Must take retail delivery by 01/02/2020." Still not likely to be able to take delivery of an ordered truck in that time frame, though.
I can't be for certain, but I believe if you have the deal done CDJR is good with the deal. As long as you committed on a buyers order from your order. Could be worth looking in to.

Snicklefritz_76

Reaction score

dakota18

Reaction score
I think this post is a great idea and it's good for us all to share information on actual purchases. Considering the post is over a year old though i'd suggest adding actual dates of the purchase as rebates and incentives constantly change. I also want to mention that i bought my truck through my business, and didn't finance through Chrysler, so as a business we didn't qualify for as many rebates that were out there and there was one or two that we did that an individual would not... like a $500 fleet conquest as we own a GM as well. But i think the incentives are a wash personal vs. commercial. Same amounts just different names for them. I'm finally picking the truck up tomorrow as Thanksgiving and some bad weather up here in New England delayed the delivery.

2020 Ram 1500 Limited
Apx MSRP: $69,850
Purchase price before TT&F: $55,500
Just about 20.5% discount off of Sticker.
Purchased and signed contract 11/27/2019

Options:
-Body Color Bumper Group
-Granite Crystal Metallic Paint
-Panoramic Sunroof
-Hemi w/Etourque
-20" Wheels
-Ram Box and cargo management system
-Tonneau Cover
-Split tailgate option
-12" Touchscreen
-Offroad package
-Air Suspension

bdpeter

Reaction score
I think this post is a great idea and it's good for us all to share information on actual purchases. Considering the post is over a year old though i'd suggest adding actual dates of the purchase as rebates and incentives constantly change. I also want to mention that i bought my truck through my business, and didn't finance through Chrysler, so as a business we didn't qualify for as many rebates that were out there and there was one or two that we did that an individual would not... like a $500 fleet conquest as we own a GM as well. But i think the incentives are a wash personal vs. commercial. Same amounts just different names for them. I'm finally picking the truck up tomorrow as Thanksgiving and some bad weather up here in New England delayed the delivery.

2020 Ram 1500 Limited
Apx MSRP: $69,850
Purchase price before TT&F: $55,500
Just about 20.5% discount off of Sticker.
Purchased and signed contract 11/27/2019

Options:
-Body Color Bumper Group
-Granite Crystal Metallic Paint
-Panoramic Sunroof
-Hemi w/Etourque
-20" Wheels
-Ram Box and cargo management system
-Tonneau Cover
-Split tailgate option
-12" Touchscreen
-Offroad package
-Air Suspension

That's basically the exact truck I was looking for! Great price, congrats and good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread