5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
I know you don't want "another perspective", and it sucks that you were one day away from qualifying from the bigger rebates, but I don't know what the dealership or FCA could have done differently. All you can do in life is make the best decision you can with the information that's available at the time. When you woke up on June 1st (before looking at this forum, obviously), you were probably pretty happy with your truck and the price you paid.

Imagine that instead of going crazy, the rebates actually dried up for June. What if FCA called you up and said "we've been a great seller for you- we've provided you with over 20 trucks over the years. In retrospect, we're really not happy with the deal we made yesterday, do you think you can send us a check for the difference between what you paid and MSRP? That's what everyone is paying this month."

Trust me, 99% of ppl feel as you do, and a large part of me reasoned that it was ridiculous to even waste my time seeking relief.... Initially i just sucked it up and tried to just enjoy my new truck but it wore on me pretty heavy and after 2 days i felt i had to at least TRY...

There is such a thing as, "price matching" for ppl even on REALLY big ticket items that stores will issue you an adjustment/cash refund if you purchase within a "window" of a really big sale... Usually 3 - 7 days...

And now, some Car Manufacturers even are offering a 7 to 30 day Buyers Remorse guarantee, so i just don't think its that unheard of. Its "just a really GOOD business model" to focus on EXISTING customers, not just acquiring new ones, i know thats not the popular opinion, and thats ok too.... I don't need ppl to agree with me to fuel my outrage...lol

Either way, I just felt it was such a slap in the face to have a sale like that with zero information available to customers who might inquire if anything could be done having purchased within a 72 hour time frame of those rebates dropping...and try hard as i might, was unable to get a "straight answer"or so much as an, "oil change coupon" (lol ) despite contacting sooooo many entities of FCA. It was pure "crickets", and THAT i feel was the worst part.

And you might have felt the same if you had purchased 21 Rams in 15 years as we had... 21 Rams....That, my friend, is A LOT of horns : )

Last edited:

Bigjb1987

Reaction score
No, some just don’t understand how buying a truck works. You don’t just wait a dealer out for 30% off the truck you want.

I honestly didn’t even want my Ram or a truck for that matter, but the deal was to great to pass up, and rides better than my previous SUVs and F150 or GMC I’ve owned in the past. So In the end I’m happy I purchased it a great price and recommending it to all my friends.

LouCap

Reaction score
No, some just don’t understand how buying a truck works. You don’t just wait a dealer out for 30% off the truck you want.
I didn't wait the dealer out, in fact, I didn't even find out about the sale till the day before I bought my truck. I had a 2017 Titan XD Platinum Reserve and I was kinda thinking about trading it in, but the deal won me over. I mean, why pay more if you don't have to, right? Plus, it's an awesome truck.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I didn't wait the dealer out, in fact, I didn't even find out about the sale till the day before I bought my truck. I had a 2017 Titan XD Platinum Reserve and I was kinda thinking about trading it in, but the deal won me over. I mean, why pay more if you don't have to, right? Plus, it's an awesome truck.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

To clear up the amnesia that’s going on...

Attachments

• 84E78464-ABEE-475B-8605-22F3C453C9C2.png
    84E78464-ABEE-475B-8605-22F3C453C9C2.png
    206.2 KB · Views: 134

Bigjb1987

Reaction score
I’m still seeing new 19 for 15 to 20% off. I even shared the dealer on a post. So I’m sure dealers are still dealing these trucks out probably no where near 30 %. So the same deal people are seeing on classics I’m seeing on new ones.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This has been said many times but I’ll just say it again. None of that means anything. Total % off MSRP doesnt mean anything, it’s a crap way to look at your deal.

The only thing you really have control of is the dealer discount and the fees. So get your dealer discount up to at least 10%, as close to 15% as possible, and don’t pay any 500+ doc fees or what have you.

The actual rebates are set by Chrysler, based on the trim level and the zip code where the vehicle is being REGISTERED not bought. If you live in
Houston TX, you are getting Houston TX rebates anywhere in the US. Changing states where you buy has no impact on the rebates you receive.

The rebates change every month, sometimes you win sometimes you lose depending on where and what you are looking for. From what I’ve seen over the past 7-8 years, average rebates for a big horn are 4-5k, Laramie 2-3k, and longhorn/limited/rebel 1-1.5k.

And they usually toss out a competitive deal where if you trade in a competing truck you get an extra 1-2k off, they tend to do this 2-3 times a year I’d say.

Fatbaby52

Reaction score
Trust me, 99% of ppl feel as you do, and a large part of me reasoned that it was ridiculous to even waste my time seeking relief.... Initially i just sucked it up and tried to just enjoy my new truck but it wore on me pretty heavy and after 2 days i felt i had to at least TRY...

There is such a thing as, "price matching" for ppl even on REALLY big ticket items that stores will issue you an adjustment/cash refund if you purchase within a "window" of a really big sale... Usually 3 - 7 days...

And now, some Car Manufacturers even are offering a 7 to 30 day Buyers Remorse guarantee, so i just don't think its that unheard of. Its "just a really GOOD business model" to focus on EXISTING customers, not just acquiring new ones, i know thats not the popular opinion, and thats ok too.... I don't need ppl to agree with me to fuel my outrage...lol

Either way, I just felt it was such a slap in the face to have a sale like that with zero information available to customers who might inquire if anything could be done having purchased within a 72 hour time frame of those rebates dropping...and try hard as i might, was unable to get a "straight answer"or so much as an, "oil change coupon" (lol ) despite contacting sooooo many entities of FCA. It was pure "crickets", and THAT i feel was the worst part.

And you might have felt the same if you had purchased 21 Rams in 15 years as we had... 21 Rams....That, my friend, is A LOT of horns : )

You are right, that is a lot of horns.

On a related note, I sent FCA a note and was disappointed by their response as well.

I'm in Las Vegas, and a couple of the dealers here just can't help themselves with misleading pricing. These guys might be the worst: https://www.prestigechryslerjeepdod...-hornlone-star-4x2-quad-cab-1c6rrebt8kn913037. Huntington Beach in CA was also ridiculous.

$42k truck for $17k, as long as you qualify for Automobility, have leased CASE equipment, have leased from New Holland, are a double Realtor, have been in the military, belong to FFA, have suffered a total loss, own another brand truck, have a bad credit score, AND are a returning FCA lessee.

I work in marketing, and my point was that this is a terrible idea. It's not only going to **** customers off, it's going to anchor an artificially low price in their minds. If they show up and the dealer wants $30k, they're going to think that there's $13k+ in profit built in at that $30k price.

It's kind of a mirror image of what happened with you.

FCA's response to me was just "thank you for your concerns, pricing is up to the dealership".

Hunter

Reaction score
I got taken to the cleaners I only got about 10% off msrp. But the sales manager gave me a heck of a deal on my trade in. Overall the price was in my budget and I got more than I wanted (sunroof, 12“ screen) plus I got the 7yr/100k warranty. The sales manager was great and if they got a bigger slice off of me than others I can live with it. I love the truck and they went out of their way to find me the one I wanted.

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
You are right, that is a lot of horns.

On a related note, I sent FCA a note and was disappointed by their response as well.

I'm in Las Vegas, and a couple of the dealers here just can't help themselves with misleading pricing. These guys might be the worst: ...

Fatbaby , yup, that's all i'm sayin' : ) Everything i received was a canned & "not sure" type of response, pretty pathetic that their Mkting Dept didn't have some "proactive" pocedure for ppl who missed that rebate by less than 72 hours, but i think the reason why their was "zero outcry" (other than mine : ) and i have pondered pretty heavily, is because most Ram Buyers did not realize that 15% would have been IN ADDITION to all the discounts the dealers were ALREADY offering...

Even from what i read in here, some ppl who missed the rebates added up the discounts they got, it totaled 15 or 16 % and they were, "i'm good"... Most did not realize that, "had they purchased June 3rd & qualified 15% off MSRP rebate", it would have DOUBLED their savings, throwing them into the 30-40% off we were seeing some of the buyers getting here in June.... (and i never said a word because i wasn't wanting to have ANYONE else feelin' that, "$8,000 punch in the stomach"... grrrrr

And Vegas Dodge might be pretty bad, but RENO DODGE, omg! I lived there for a few years and they were like Hostage Takers, only thing missing were high powered rifles and a bag being thrown over my head...ugh! the worst of the worst....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread