5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Jflores14

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place to put this but looking for a couple of thoughts.

2019 Max Steel Big Horn, v8, 20" chrome, sport edition, Level 2, premium light plus some stuff; MSRP $51,630

Dealer says if I finance, they can do $42k and if I lease, I lose some incentives, and is $43.5k. Does this make sense? I feel like I'm leaving some money on the table. Oh, and it has 900 miles so it was a demo. I'm less worried about that, car is setup the way I like. Thanks for any thoughts.
Not sure where you are located. Aim for 15% dealer discount plus incentives. Big horn should still have some good incentives right now. Dont think they are giving you much of a dealer discount base off those numbers

OtterRam

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place to put this but looking for a couple of thoughts.

2019 Max Steel Big Horn, v8, 20" chrome, sport edition, Level 2, premium light plus some stuff; MSRP $51,630

Dealer says if I finance, they can do $42k and if I lease, I lose some incentives, and is $43.5k. Does this make sense? I feel like I'm leaving some money on the table. Oh, and it has 900 miles so it was a demo. I'm less worried about that, car is setup the way I like. Thanks for any thoughts.
In my opinion they are holding out on you!

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

njech7

Reaction score
Thanks J and Otter, after continuing to do more research last night, I completely agree!! :) I'm in NJ btw.

The lease price includes just over $5k in rebates ($1000 of their own coupons) but the starting point before rebates is $49.5. Not that invoice pricing is the key indicator, but that price is above invoice.

And what's best, is that $43.5k lease price is what we discussed, but it was actually at $44,250. :( Anyone know what factory incentives RAM dealers commonly get?

drstein

Reaction score
Thanks J and Otter, after continuing to do more research last night, I completely agree!! :) I'm in NJ btw.

The lease price includes just over $5k in rebates ($1000 of their own coupons) but the starting point before rebates is $49.5. Not that invoice pricing is the key indicator, but that price is above invoice.

And what's best, is that $43.5k lease price is what we discussed, but it was actually at $44,250. :( Anyone know what factory incentives RAM dealers commonly get?

and figure in the holdback, there is a bunch of money left.

Jflores14

Reaction score

Google "autobytel 2019 ram 1500 incentives" or "edmunds 2019 ram incentives" those will show you most of the incentives, they might be missing some..

bgmshrm

Ram Guru
Reaction score

37k is more like what you should be paying or less if its a demo

New2Ram2019

Reaction score
I did 23.4% off of MSRP while other dealers only went to 15% or so. Deal with the internet sales manager and target at least 20% off - period.

Brianziggy64

Reaction score
My first post, Hello!!
I’m in the Market for a Granite Crystal Limited. I wasn’t in the market in June, my loss!! But I’m in no hurry now, will wait to see what the fall or holiday incentives bring. So I’m always looking online and ran across this 2020 limited with a larger than normal discount that I haven’t yet seen on any other dealers website. I’m not interested in white but thought I would put this one out there for others looking and also thoughts if this is one of those advertisements to get people in the door and then say that one’s already gone etc. I love this particular thread as this will most likely be my last vehicle as I plan to retire and take this truck into retirement and have no payments by the time retirement kicks in. Thanks again!!

njech7

Reaction score
0 for 2 today in South Jersey. Both dealers balked at me hard even being at 12.5% below MSRP before rebates. Basically, both dealers were only 5% to 7% below MSRP before rebates. Again, Big Horn models with Level 2, v8, short box, MSRPs less than $52k. I'm patient though, we'll see what happens.

Gitter

Reaction score
0 for 2 today in South Jersey. Both dealers balked at me hard even being at 12.5% below MSRP before rebates. Basically, both dealers were only 5% to 7% below MSRP before rebates. Again, Big Horn models with Level 2, v8, short box, MSRPs less than $52k. I'm patient though, we'll see what happens.

Seems they are playing hard so you might have to whittle them down.

Hit them up in a week as it gets closer to the end of the month. Try to work a better dealer discount and tell them say you'll come sign papers the day of (or the day before) the end of the month. This will give you more leverage to talk them down a little more when you do actually come in. If they still don't budge while you are there to sign, then get up and walk out. Quite a few people say that they call to ask you back fairly quickly after that. Sometimes asking "what will it take for you to drive away in our truck?"

ram6255

Reaction score
I have a question for the gurus, and if this is posted in the wrong section please advise.

I am looking for a new body style 2019/20 Ram 2500 4x4 6.4 4 door, probably a big horn... what is considered a good deal off of MSRP right now? Most of the 2500 trucks I see are about 12% off msrp... the last 2500 Ram I bought a few years ago was 18k off sticker! Is this truck still too "new" to get a better deal? If so, I can hold out.

BigAdge

Reaction score
When people are mentioning 15% dealer discount, does that mean just straight up 15% off msrp. Not the $1000 conquest, $500 bonus cash etc etc? And not the national 15% bighorn? Or are the dealer discounts including those bonus offers? I can't find a dealer near me willing to be near 15% dealer discount and the 15% bighorn offer for a total of 30%. Mlst are staying very firm around 25% off msrl total.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, on the dealer discount. That being said, IMO 10-12% is a more realistic figure. Which is still a good deal, just don’t take like 2500 dealer discount off a 60k like some uneducated folks do.

I’m not disputing that some dealers and locations will do 15%, but I just think it might not be realistic everywhere.

Cecil H

Reaction score
2019 Red Ram Bighorn with appearance package and tow package.
Sticker 46k ish
4k ish in taxes
2500 negative equity on tundra pro
= approx $52,500
Minus: 7 k ish rebates
= 45,500!
Talked them down to an OTD price of 39,500 and I had them throw in leather seats.
2.99 interest rate for 72 months ($600 a month).
I feel like I got a good deal? First Ram ever, always drove Tundras...love it so far, put NEW Rims/tires on day one

Attachments

• IMG_20190817_112654.jpg
    IMG_20190817_112654.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 55
  • MVIMG_20190817_112658.jpg
    MVIMG_20190817_112658.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_20190817_120125.jpg
    IMG_20190817_120125.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 50

njech7

Reaction score
Quick question for those that have leased through Chrysler, is it common for the acquisition fee to be waived? The one dealer I worked with who worked up all the numbers told me it was waived. Thanks.

rrbhokies

Reaction score
Quick question for those that have leased through Chrysler, is it common for the acquisition fee to be waived? The one dealer I worked with who worked up all the numbers told me it was waived. Thanks.
It's all a numbers game at the end of the day. If they waived it, it's just because they didn't give you as much off of the dealer discount. The only true way of knowing what kind of deal you got is your final price before taxes and tags. Everything else is negotiable.

Users who are viewing this thread