5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Kxlexus

Reaction score
Has anyone, in the history of the world, ever gone back to a store or a dealership and said 'hey, i noticed the price went up on 'x', I'd like to pay you the difference?' Everyone talks about price matching, but it's a one way street.:devilish:
Exactly this^^^. You make a deal you feel good about and then move on. It would never enter my mind to try and contact a manufacturer because the rebates got better after I bought. It would be like contacting the Lottery Board and telling them the winning numbers are the same numbers that you MEANT TO PICK. I don’t think you would get very far with them either.

Rancidlunchmeat

Reaction score
You are right, that is a lot of horns.

On a related note, I sent FCA a note and was disappointed by their response as well.

I'm in Las Vegas, and a couple of the dealers here just can't help themselves with misleading pricing. These guys might be the worst: https://www.prestigechryslerjeepdod...-hornlone-star-4x2-quad-cab-1c6rrebt8kn913037. Huntington Beach in CA was also ridiculous.

What's up with Huntington Beach, CA? Are you saying that when they advertise their Dealer Discount and Rebates separately, that's not the case and they're actually advertising limited qualifying rebates included in their stated dealer discount?

Jrvillarreal

Reaction score
Picked up a 2019 Limited 4x4 today, super stoked about it!

Walked away from 4 dealerships before I got one to stack coupons and reduce price point to where I wanted it..

MSRP: $68,940
Discount: $8,700
Rebates: $6,500

Total price: $53,740 + TTL... 22% off MSRP

Attachments

• IMG_1138.jpg
    IMG_1138.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 103
  • 59648986-88E1-4149-85D3-E1540849C9FE.jpeg
    59648986-88E1-4149-85D3-E1540849C9FE.jpeg
    25.8 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

FOCUSING

Reaction score
Picked up a 2019 Limited 4x4 today, super stoked about it!

Walked away from 4 dealerships before I got one to stack coupons and reduce price point to where I wanted it..

MSRP: $68.940
Discount: $8,700
Rebates: $6,250

Total price: $53,990 + TTL... 22% off MSRP

Congrats on the purchase, I'm looking into the limited as well. Pricing multiple dealerships. What rebates did you get?

TWRam

Reaction score
Just picked up my new to me 2019 1500 Bighorn Sport 4x4 last week. Yes it is used, so this is a different situation.
4k miles
Well optioned big horn in 100% new condition with 7yr/100k mile CPO warranty
MSRP: $56k
Sold: $36k
36% off MSRP
Bighorn, Sport package, 4x4, 5.7 eTorque, 20" wheels, Alpine stereo, LED lighting Package, Maximum Steel paint, level 2 equipment group, tow package, 3.92, antispin, blind spot/cross path detection, rubber mats, tri fold bed cover, spray in bedliner, wheel to wheel side steps, Deluxe cloth buckets with center console, etc...

Thought I got a killer deal. Turns out I did except for those that bought in June. If I had only known........ Regardless, I love the truck and am happy with my purchase.

rrbhokies

Reaction score
Just picked up my new to me 2019 1500 Bighorn Sport 4x4 last week. Yes it is used, so this is a different situation.
4k miles
Well optioned big horn in 100% new condition with 7yr/100k mile CPO warranty
MSRP: $56k
Sold: $36k
36% off MSRP
Bighorn, Sport package, 4x4, 5.7 eTorque, 20" wheels, Alpine stereo, LED lighting Package, Maximum Steel paint, level 2 equipment group, tow package, 3.92, antispin, blind spot/cross path detection, rubber mats, tri fold bed cover, spray in bedliner, wheel to wheel side steps, Deluxe cloth buckets with center console, etc...

Thought I got a killer deal. Turns out I did except for those that bought in June. If I had only known........ Regardless, I love the truck and am happy with my purchase.
You had me at Maximum Steel............ Congrats!!

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
Exactly this^^^. You make a deal you feel good about and then move on. It would never enter my mind to try and contact a manufacturer because the rebates got better after I bought. It would be like contacting the Lottery Board and telling them the winning numbers are the same numbers that you MEANT TO PICK. I don’t think you would get very far with them either.

Don't really think that Lottery analogy is equal to my set of circumstances, but its cool, i didn't expect any sympathy which is why i didn't post or b*tch about it when it happened. Only brought it up months later when i saw a poster mention something about those "June Rebates" making this MSRP thread an anti climactic experience...i was like, "yeah...tell me about it"....

And as for why i think a special consideration should have been made, i stated all of my reasons, and there were quite a few, but if you think its an outlandish request, that's cool too, because having y'all agree with me or disagree, SAME OUTCOME, so no worries, pointless to debate it : )

LouCap

Reaction score
Don't really think that Lottery analogy is equal to my set of circumstances, but its cool, i didn't expect any sympathy which is why i didn't post or b*tch about it when it happened. Only brought it up months later when i saw a poster mention something about those "June Rebates" making this MSRP thread an anti climactic experience...i was like, "yeah...tell me about it"....

And as for why i think a special consideration should have been made, i stated all of my reasons, and there were quite a few, but if you think its an outlandish request, that's cool too, because having y'all agree with me or disagree, SAME OUTCOME, so no worries, pointless to debate it : )
FWIW, I bought my truck on 6/30, and if it had been 7/2 and I missed the rebates, I'd be pissed too. Not sure what could be done, but I feel your pain.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

timtlu

Reaction score
This thread was very beneficial to me, and I'm very appreciative. I was already aware of the June rebates, but seeing current (at the time) June discounts helped me gauge what I should expect the dealer to discount from their end. Allowed me to streamline my shopping process to focus on dealers who were being forthright from the get go and find a killer deal for a newer build truck I love. To that end the build date is often overlooked in how much a person paid. My build date was post all but one of the posted TSBs. I wouldn't have chosen to pay less if it was for an older build date.

The point is.......this thread can still be helpful to those looking for current price comparisons if we can stop derailing it. Knowing what the "going rate" is was a huge advantage for me, and can continue to be so for those still shopping. So if you bought recently, keep posting details on your purchase date, model, build date (oldest Big Horns can be had for a much steeper discount % than a new Laramie/Longhorn/Limited/Rebel) and respective discounts, so those in the market can have good information to use at their disposal.

Last edited:

Husqy

Reaction score
2019 Laramie 4x4 Crew 6'4 box with the 5.7 in Granite - Level 1 package, 33 Gallon, 3.92, Offroad group, Bucket seats. MSRP $56,220. Price before TTL $45K including adding mopar running boards.

Jrvillarreal

Reaction score
Congrats on the purchase, I'm looking into the limited as well. Pricing multiple dealerships. What rebates did you get?

I was wrong it was actually $6,500 in rebates!!! Some dealers couldn't figure out how to stack the discounts/rebates, some just refused. One sales manager explained that dealerships are given a certain number of coupons per month or quarter that they can use to close on a deal (prevent someone from walking).... he wasn't willing to use his on me and was upfront about it... MacHaik has excellent prices as it is and I'm assuming they used some of their coupons, they really went above and beyond for me! I did have to drive 2 hours to get the truck but it was totally worth it!

I have affiliate reward pricing from my employer (1% below invoice + $1,000), PenFed $1k (couldn't use USAA $1k as they're my employer so dealer pulled my PenFed), Sam's Club $500, Truck Conquest $1,000, Bonus Cash $500, Retail Consumer Cash $500, Southwest BC Texas Retail Bonus Cash $500... I know this doesn't add up but I gave them my walk away $$ amount and they beat it.

I'll ask my salesman if he can give me a breakdown tomorrow.

They're listing an "Everyday/Everybody" discount now that wasn't there yesterday... hmm

Attachments

• IMG_1153.jpg
    IMG_1153.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 66

tul9033

Reaction score
Something seems off here. Affiliate is not stackable with several of the rebates you have listed (Penfed and Sam's for sure). Have you taken delivery of your truck? The other possibility is could be an old build, the factory has been discounting these old builds by 15% to move them. Do you know the build date?

I was wrong it was actually $6,500 in rebates!!! Some dealers couldn't figure out how to stack the discounts/rebates, some just refused. One sales manager explained that dealerships are given a certain number of coupons per month or quarter that they can use to close on a deal (prevent someone from walking).... he wasn't willing to use his on me and was upfront about it... MacHaik has excellent prices as it is and I'm assuming they used some of their coupons, they really went above and beyond for me! I did have to drive 2 hours to get the truck but it was totally worth it!

I have affiliate reward pricing from my employer (1% below invoice + $1,000), PenFed $1k (couldn't use USAA $1k as they're my employer so dealer pulled my PenFed), Sam's Club $500, Truck Conquest $1,000, Bonus Cash $500, Retail Consumer Cash $500, Southwest BC Texas Retail Bonus Cash $500... I know this doesn't add up but I gave them my walk away $$ amount and they beat it.

I'll ask my salesman if he can give me a breakdown tomorrow.

They're listing an "Everyday/Everybody" discount now that wasn't there yesterday... hmm

Last edited:

Jrvillarreal

Reaction score
Something seems off here. Affiliate is not stackable with several of the rebates you have listed (Penfed and Sam's for sure). Have you taken delivery of your truck? The other possibility is could be an old build, the factory has been discounting these old builds by 15% to move them. Do you know the build date?

Yep, took delivery on Tuesday. The build date is 05/05/19.. The dealership sales manager wasn't able to get them stacked so my salesman went to the GM and he did it for us. I just asked him the specific rebates but he's off today, will get them to me tomorrow. I do know that the dealership stacked a few of their coupons (limited number of them given to dealers by the manufacturer to help close deals, other dealership told me they simply would not give me that many of their coupons)

I didn't even have to fight for it at MacHaik in Temple, TX - I sent them the deals from the other dealerships and asked them to beat them and they did... Maybe I just got lucky.

Attachments

• IMG_1138.jpg
    IMG_1138.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 67

Sightfisht

Reaction score
Not to beat a dead...err Ram, but anyone know if those June’s deals were applicable to limited’s in the Long Island NY zip codes?

Skins63

Reaction score
New ram owner here. Just bought a 1500 limited yesterday.

Msrp: $71,825
Out the door: $59,143 +t,t,t&f

njech7

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place to put this but looking for a couple of thoughts.

2019 Max Steel Big Horn, v8, 20" chrome, sport edition, Level 2, premium light plus some stuff; MSRP $51,630

Dealer says if I finance, they can do $42k and if I lease, I lose some incentives, and is $43.5k. Does this make sense? I feel like I'm leaving some money on the table. Oh, and it has 900 miles so it was a demo. I'm less worried about that, car is setup the way I like. Thanks for any thoughts.

Users who are viewing this thread