5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Kxlexus

Reaction score
Yup. End of June was a great time to buy. I took delivery on June 31 for a loaded Laramie. 27% off the sticker. I was fine and happy with that. I didn’t care how they got to that price (discounts and rebates), nor do I know. It doesn’t matter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
June 31??

Lslblues

Reaction score
I still see nicely equipped Big Horn and Laramie models in the southeast for 25-28% off MSRP. Use cargurus or autotrader and put in enough features to ID type of packages you want, and then sort by price. That's how I found my end of July 30.5% off MSRP deal.

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
This thread has essentially been ruined by the June rebates that people have latched onto

omg, you are not just whistling dixie... My whole truck experience has been ruined by those 15% off rebates.... Tried desperately "not to let it", but its hard to "love a truck" & hate the mfg and ppl representing the brand....

My allegiance to RAM brand is practically nil after that stunt of June 15% off MSRP rebate being released without even ONE moment of consideration to people who purchased just ONE DAY EARLIER.... (me...grrrrr)

I tried like the dickens every avenue available to see if THIS 20 PREVIOUS RAM OWNER could possibly get a special exception from FCA to authorize my entitlement to that rebate, and it wasn't so much that i failed at that task, it was the realization of how "non existant" support is from Ram. No one is ever home there, e-v-e-r!

And i ain't saying the others MFG's are any better, just spouting off on how disillusioned with the whole process i became...

So yes, (of course, YES : ) i STILL love "Black Beauty The Sequel" but overall a lot of the "delight" fell thru the cracks of the corridors as i made my way thru the endless hollowed out walls of RAM/FCA trying to get resolution or, even worse, trying to find someone, ANYONE, who could EVEN consider my request, let alone, "grant or deny it"...

Sadly it really tainted my ownership experience, & it wasn't about the Benjamins, it was the fact that "truck deals were my thang" up until that point, but after missing that rebate, every time i looked in her direction, i just couldn't help but be reminded that she was, in fact, "the absolute worst truck deal i ever made" :( Eventually my sour grapes will be sour raisins, but ain't there yet...

Not looking for sympathy, or "another way to view it", or (watch it now, lol) defense of FCA's tactics....i'm ok with it overall, better than i was this time 2 months ago, and who knows, in 6 months (if i keep her that long : ) i may not even remember those freakin' June rebates...grrrrr slowly i turn....step by step lol

Last edited:

ldoh

Reaction score
omg, you are not just whistling dixie... My whole truck experience has been ruined by those 15% off rebates.... Tried desperately "not to let it", but its hard to "love a truck" & hate the mfg and ppl representing the brand....

My allegiance to RAM brand is practically nil after that stunt of June 15% off MSRP rebate being released without even ONE moment of consideration to people who purchased just ONE DAY EARLIER.... (me...grrrrr)

I tried like the dickens every avenue available to see if THIS 20 PREVIOUS RAM OWNER could possibly get a special exception from FCA to authorize my entitlement to that rebate, since the dealer's help was non-existant".... it wasn't so much that i "failed at that task", it was the realization of how "non existant" support is from Ram.

And i ain't saying the others are any better, just spouting off on how disillusioned with the whole process i became...

So yes, (of course, YES : ) i STILL love "Black Beauty The Sequel" but overall a lot of the "delight" fell thru the cracks of the corridors as i made my way thru the endless hollowed walls of RAM/FCA trying to get resolution or, even worse, someone WHO could EVEN consider my request, let alone, "grant or deny it"...

Sadly it really tainted my ownership, it wasn't about the Benjamins, it was the fact that "truck deals were my thang" up until that point, but after missing that rebate, every time i looked in her direction, couldn't help but be reminded she was, "the worst truck deal i ever made" :( Eventually my sour grapes will be sour raisins, but ain't 100% there yet...

Not looking for sympathy, "another way to view it", or (watch it now, lol) defense of FCA's tactics....i'm ok with it overall, better than i was this time 2 months ago, and who knows, in 6 months (if i keep her that long : ) i may not even remember those freakin' June rebates...grrrrr slowly i turn....step by step lol

That sux. Hopefully time heals the wound.

For others, hopefully another 20% off msrp is coming. After a while the consumer gets conditioned to expect big discounts.

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
This thread has essentially been ruined by the June rebates that people have latched onto
That sux. Hopefully time heals the wound.

For others, hopefully another 20% off msrp is coming. After a while the consumer gets conditioned to expect big discounts.

thanx idoh : )

a little more each day, just the fact that i am back visiting forum is HUGE, for awhile dint wanna even THINK about Ram, much less talk about them...lol

and really, i do agree about your "conditioning" logic, with 99% of products out there, but in this case, i wouldn't look for another HUGE incentive like that to EVER come down the pike again, until AND unless they hit another HUGE selling slump, which i wouldn't expect to happen any time soon.

that 15% rebate was designed to get ppl to purchase & spread the word and get others to purchase from that purchase and so on. It seems they accomplished that mission, they had their biggest selling month EVER, (i should hope so, with THOSE discounts : ) and now i think they have expanded their "fanbase" and prolly got at least an add'l 50000units nationwide...

They may have had their BIGGEST selling month in history, but it was also their least amount of profit per unit....i don't think they will EVER take it on the chin like that again...

Just one gal's opinion : )

Last edited:

smonska

Reaction score
My first post: So I just worked with 4 dealers on '19s in the western MA/ NY upstate area, and the best price I could negotiate was $7600 off a $54k Laramie and 2 different dealers would do $9500 off a Big Horn with $49k sticker. One dealer when asked about Ram 1500 deals over the phone claimed %25 off select models and $10k off everything, didn't pan out.

I wasn't in a position to buy in June, but seems like it would have saved me about $5k or more on a Laramie. Think I'll roll the dice for September rebates.

Last edited:

Spooky8712

Reaction score
Damn... who is that other lender? I do not like the idea of loans that long, but I have a higher rate on 60 months
1.99% @84 months? That's insane. Please share. I'll refi today if that's the case. I have an 810 credit score and i'm in a 3.85% for 72 months...

Gmoosevt

Reaction score
It’s simple, and it has held true for most brands for the 40 years I’ve been buying new vehicles and lived in their corporate world. Buy in December or June. Even if it may not always be about the Benjamins for consumers, it ALWAYS will be for the manufacturers and dealer networks. The end of 4Q is vital for their executive wallet incentives related to market share, revenue, and profit. 2Q is especially vital for new model year intros - for market share and raw units sold metrics in particular. Profit often takes a slight back-seat only during a new model year intro - which of course is the case for the Ram 1500 - when market share ‘taken’ from competitors is king. Point is, June and December are high probability high discount months. If you watch Ford, GM, and FCA 10k’s and quarterly reports you’ll improve your timing odds... but June and December are pretty good bets.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Chavez98

Reaction score
Damn... who is that other lender? I do not like the idea of loans that long, but I have a higher rate on 60 months
1.99% @84 months? That's insane. Please share. I'll refi today if that's the case. I have an 810 credit score and i'm in a 3.85% for 72 months...

I asked about the lender a few post back. It’s AFL-CIOE Federal Credit Union. I’m in the process of trying to refinance. However it’s looks their membership is subject to being part of a labor union. Or it may be possible to be referred by a member. If you guess qualify hook me up. Lol...

MB13

Reaction score
Yea that’s insane. I’m curious how and the trade in will be lol, my truck was 58k sticker, average sells for what 48-50? But some paid like 43 in June. So if they come back with the huge rebates, what can I get with 12k miles? 38? 36? 34? Lol
[/QUO
Yea that’s insane. I’m curious how and the trade in will be lol, my truck was 58k sticker, average sells for what 48-50? But some paid like 43 in June. So if they come back with the huge rebates, what can I get with 12k miles? 38? 36? 34? Lol
Got it checked out because I wondered as well. My offer was 44k. 5k miles

MB13

Reaction score
2019 Ram 1500 Lone Star

MSRP $49,750
Rebates $4,500
Dealer Discount $6,661
My Cost $38,589

This truck was not sitting on a dealer lot long - the manufacture date is July of 2019.
MSRP $69,500
My Price $ 53,500
Got overtaxed and sent me a 1k check back in the mail. So 52.5k in all
Had them throw on Mudflaps and fill up the 33 Gallon tank since I was driving from Bham to Indy
Truck manufacturer date is June 2019

Danomitez

Reaction score
I’m looking at a loaded Laramie at 63.5k msrp for 48k +ttl, a good 24% discount....but it doesn’t have air suspension! How much of a role does the air suspension play in the overall feel
of the ride? I’m really only worried about ride comfort/feel as opposed to energy saving and ease of getting in and out of the truck.

Fatbaby52

Reaction score

I tried like the dickens every avenue available to see if THIS 20 PREVIOUS RAM OWNER could possibly get a special exception from FCA to authorize my entitlement to that rebate, and it wasn't so much that i failed at that task, it was the realization of how "non existant" support is from Ram. No one is ever home there, e-v-e-r!

And i ain't saying the others MFG's are any better, just spouting off on how disillusioned with the whole process i became...

So yes, (of course, YES : ) i STILL love "Black Beauty The Sequel" but overall a lot of the "delight" fell thru the cracks of the corridors as i made my way thru the endless hollowed out walls of RAM/FCA trying to get resolution or, even worse, trying to find someone, ANYONE, who could EVEN consider my request, let alone, "grant or deny it"...

Sadly it really tainted my ownership experience, & it wasn't about the Benjamins, it was the fact that "truck deals were my thang" up until that point, but after missing that rebate, every time i looked in her direction, i just couldn't help but be reminded that she was, in fact, "the absolute worst truck deal i ever made" :( Eventually my sour grapes will be sour raisins, but ain't there yet...

Not looking for sympathy, or "another way to view it", or (watch it now, lol) defense of FCA's tactics....i'm ok with it overall, better than i was this time 2 months ago, and who knows, in 6 months (if i keep her that long : ) i may not even remember those freakin' June rebates...grrrrr slowly i turn....step by step lol

I know you don't want "another perspective", and it sucks that you were one day away from qualifying from the bigger rebates, but I don't know what the dealership or FCA could have done differently. All you can do in life is make the best decision you can with the information that's available at the time. When you woke up on June 1st (before looking at this forum, obviously), you were probably pretty happy with your truck and the price you paid.

Imagine that instead of going crazy, the rebates actually dried up for June. What if FCA called you up and said "we've been a great seller for you- we've provided you with over 20 trucks over the years. In retrospect, we're really not happy with the deal we made yesterday, do you think you can send us a check for the difference between what you paid and MSRP? That's what everyone is paying this month."

Users who are viewing this thread