5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

TwinSac

Reaction score
I said No.

Sticker on Laramie $57520:
Short bed, 3.92 gears, 12" screen, Level 1, towing/off-road rolling on 20s.

For a comp deal:
Dealer on other side of valley (60 miles away) had similar sticker price w/o 12" screen but add etorque for $8300 dealer discount and rebates ($5700).

I test drove and asked them to match $8300 dealer discount from "those guys." They offered a $6000 discount. I countered, "could we split the difference ?" It was a quick but polite "no" so the wife and I left. Comes out to about 19.5% off.

Liked the salesman but time is on my side. He asked if he could call if things change.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Repsol69

Reaction score
2019 Ram 1500 BIG HORN / LONE STAR CREW CAB 4X2 5'7 BOX Crew Cab
Think we got a GOOD DEAL?? Sticker was $49,005 ..rolled it out the door for $27,400 .....
Big Horn Level 2 Equipment Group
Black Appearance Package
Engine: 5.7L V8 HEMI MDS VVT
Premium Lighting Group
Quick Order Package 25Z Big Horn/Lone Star
Black Tubular Side Steps
Blind Spot & Cross Path Detection
Anti-Spin Differential Rear Axle

Attachments

• Ram 1.png
    Ram 1.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 73

timtlu

Reaction score
Think we got a GOOD DEAL?? Sticker was $49,005 ..rolled it out the door for $27,400 .....
Black Appearance Package
Premium Lighting Group

Apple CarPlay
Black Tubular Side Steps
Depends on how much your trade in moved you towards your "out the door" price.

Repsol69

Reaction score
Depends on how much your trade in moved you towards your "out the door" price.

Traded my 2017 Ram Sport 1500 with 75,000 miles they gave me $22,000 on the trade that i owed $14,000 on, plus about $14,500 in rebates...so they said...lol

Last edited:

spaightlabs

Reaction score
I said No.

Sticker on Laramie $57520:
Short bed, 3.92 gears, 12" screen, Level 1, towing/off-road rolling on 20s.

For a comp deal:
Dealer on other side of valley (60 miles away) had similar sticker price w/o 12" screen but add etorque for $8300 dealer discount and rebates ($5700).

I test drove and asked them to match $8300 dealer discount from "those guys." They offered a $6000 discount. I countered, "could we split the difference ?" It was a quick but polite "no" so the wife and I left. Comes out to about 19.5% off.

Liked the salesman but time is on my side. He asked if he could call if things change.

He'll call. I did my deal on July 1 - last day for June discounts. Sales manager came out with the 'this deals only good for the next 10 minutes - if you leave the lot this deal is off the table. I mentioned that I'm low pressure kind of guy and left. Sales person called back 4 hours later and said that deal was still good.

It was 8:00 PM - past my bedtime. Told him if i was gonna drive there again it had to be worth my time and a set of running boards would be nice. They threw in the $900 RAM powder coated off road boards if I'd pay the one hour of labor to install. Done.

Be patient.

Fatbaby52

Reaction score
Black Appearance Package
Premium Lighting Group
Black Tubular Side Steps

Sounds like an amazing deal to me. I paid almost $5k more for a truck that stickered for almost $4k less.

ptpix

Reaction score
Hi guys, new here, about to buy my truck tomorrow. This is the deal so far. It feels good, but I don't know for sure.....

2019 Laramie blacked out crew cab 4x4
Black appearance package
22 inch wheels
advanced safety group
bed utiltiy
level 2 equipment
3.92 gears ( don't really need em, but that's what it comes with)
anti spin
5.7 MDS VVT Hemi
12 inch display
trailer brake

Sticker is 62.6

price 54.8 before t & t

giving me a high-is trade in for my 2011 grand cherokee overland with 121k miles

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi guys, new here, about to buy my truck tomorrow. This is the deal so far. It feels good, but I don't know for sure.....

Black appearance package
22 inch wheels
advanced safety group
bed utiltiy
level 2 equipment
anti spin
5.7 MDS VVT Hemi
12 inch display
trailer brake

Sticker is 62.6

price 54.8 before t & t

giving me a high-is trade in for my 2011 grand cherokee overland with 121k miles
Probably can do a little better if you really dig...

Spooky8712

Reaction score

Black appearance package
22 inch wheels
advanced safety group
bed utiltiy
level 2 equipment
anti spin
5.7 MDS VVT Hemi
12 inch display
trailer brake

Sticker is 62.6

price 54.8 before t & t

With the June incentives being gone, this deal looks pretty good.

AggieWill08

Reaction score
19 Ram Laramie 4x4
Purchased on 29 June
MSRP 61,290
15% Ram Discount - 9193
$7000 Dealiar Discount - ~11.5%
$45,097 before Trade
Autonation Katy CDJR gave me 2700 more for my 09 Tundra than what Instant offers on Autotrader or Texas Direct Auto would, so it sealed the deal.
Dealer also threw in spray in Bedliner (wasn’t on truck already)

Love the truck
5.7 non e torque
3.21 rear end (don’t tow much)
Power Running Boards
Level 2 Package
12” Uconnect
Power Running Boards
Pano Sunroof

First trip to Austin got about 20.5 mpg doing 75
City is about 14.5 mpg

Brisoup1

Reaction score
A little late to this board. I bought my truck on 6/6/19. The sticker on my Laramie Longhorn was $61,100. The Out-the-door price was $51,700 including tax & tags. I was also able to secure a 3.9% interest rate on a 72 month loan. I traded in a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland with 45K mile and got 22K (I took good care of the Jeep & it was immaculant) for the trade. The KBB trade in value was 19,700. I think I could of done slightly better on the purchase price but the $2,300 more than expected for the trade in offset the price I paid.

bfulford7

Reaction score
Looking at closing on one this week in New Orleans

White 2019 1500 Laramie 4x2
5.7 normal hemi
3.21 ratio
Lvl 1 group
Sport package
12" Uconnect
Panoramic Sunroof
Anti Spin Rear axle
Bed Step
Floor Mats

MSRP 54,835
Quote 42,990 with my own financing

About 22% off MSRP ... if I went with Chrysler financing I could get another $500 off and then refi with my credit union but that is such a hassle.

If I had just jumped at the end of June I could probably have saved another $3000. I could wait until the end of July too and see if Ram throws more rebates. Anyone heard anything promising on that front?

Raydar

Reaction score
My Big Horn Sport 4x4 Crew stickered at 48, 450.
I got it for 36K out the door, with my 2005 Silverado 2WD crew in trade. I don't think I did superbly, but I don't think I got boned, either. :D
This was 5 weeks ago, before they instituted the current discount program.

spaightlabs

Reaction score
Looking at closing on one this week in New Orleans

White 2019 1500 Laramie 4x2
5.7 normal hemi
3.21 ratio
Lvl 1 group
Sport package
12" Uconnect
Panoramic Sunroof
Anti Spin Rear axle
Bed Step
Floor Mats

MSRP 54,835
Quote 42,990 with my own financing

About 22% off MSRP ... if I went with Chrysler financing I could get another $500 off and then refi with my credit union but that is such a hassle.

If I had just jumped at the end of June I could probably have saved another $3000. I could wait until the end of July too and see if Ram throws more rebates. Anyone heard anything promising on that front?

I think with Ram's results in June there will be pressure to hit some big numbers in July too. Tell them at $41,000 you are a buyer today...see if they'll do it if you use their financing....you can refi in 6 months and it isn't that big of a hassle if it save you $2000 ($500 for their loan and $1500 more they need to hack out to sell it today...)

Good luck and have fun!

TwinSac

Reaction score
Just got this offer and don't know much about it. Is it really an additional $1000 off?

I really hope the pic is attached.
9a0d7766d2a417e8c3c4fb1e81d2a4cd.jpg

Moparluver

Reaction score
Hey,
I have a question I'm hoping someone can give me some advice on. I went to my local Ram dealer, test drove a truck, got some pricing for the trade, and for the truck. We left and a sales mgr called back and told us that he could take off another 500 off if it would make the choice, I said no. The sales guy reaches out a week later and we do a bit of haggling and we landed on a number OTD if they could look at my trade again, and eek another 500 out of it, and he gave me a "worst case" OTD without the 500. I asked him to commit to the 500, and he said he'd make it happen. I head to the dealer and he hems and haws, and finally comes back and says they can't find the extra 500, but they have a unit with 1,000 miles on it, that they could do the deal on. I asked for my keys and walked. Truth is, I think his deal is fair without the 500 and it's got a couple options I want that some of the competition doesn't have, so I stop by today to make the deal. He talks to the sales mgr to start the paperwork, and after 20 min or so he says he doesn't have the offer on paper, and was trying to find it. He then comes out with the sales mgr, and says that a different manager worked up this pricing, and he just left for vaca, but couldn't figure out how they got to the number they did. They tell me they are going to contact the guy to see if they can make that deal happen, and they'll call me when they know. In my mind they already tried the bait and switch on me once, but I chalked that up to the sales guy bluffing to get me back in the door. I thought this is a reputable dealer, so I would think this would be a pretty low blow if they say that they can't do the deal. @RamCares or anyone else that knows, if they come back with a new higher offer, and won't honor what they committed to me, what should I do?

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm wrapping up a deal for a $66k MSRP Laramie that i got down to $54.1k. The truck is in transit from another dealership. They are giving me a $630 dollar check, because i told them i needed another $500 off, and 130 bucks for rear wheel liners. They also gave me a fair price on my trade and since i have an FCA affiliate control number, i do not pay a dealer fee. ($75 dollar processing fee) - This was the only dealership that really seemed to honor my FCA affiliate number. They said at best June incentives i would have maybe gotten another 4 grand off.

While i did not get exactly the deal i wanted, i got it now, and i was watching my trade value fall daily on KBB and NADA. Whats the few grand worth in rebates if my trade is worth a few grand less in September/October. Oh well, the truck is 95% what i wanted (missing the power running boards but those are add-able). It also has the split rear tailgate which seem to be a mystery right now.

bfulford7

Reaction score
Hey,
I have a question I'm hoping someone can give me some advice on. I went to my local Ram dealer, test drove a truck, got some pricing for the trade, and for the truck. We left and a sales mgr called back and told us that he could take off another 500 off if it would make the choice, I said no. The sales guy reaches out a week later and we do a bit of haggling and we landed on a number OTD if they could look at my trade again, and eek another 500 out of it, and he gave me a "worst case" OTD without the 500. I asked him to commit to the 500, and he said he'd make it happen. I head to the dealer and he hems and haws, and finally comes back and says they can't find the extra 500, but they have a unit with 1,000 miles on it, that they could do the deal on. I asked for my keys and walked. Truth is, I think his deal is fair without the 500 and it's got a couple options I want that some of the competition doesn't have, so I stop by today to make the deal. He talks to the sales mgr to start the paperwork, and after 20 min or so he says he doesn't have the offer on paper, and was trying to find it. He then comes out with the sales mgr, and says that a different manager worked up this pricing, and he just left for vaca, but couldn't figure out how they got to the number they did. They tell me they are going to contact the guy to see if they can make that deal happen, and they'll call me when they know. In my mind they already tried the bait and switch on me once, but I chalked that up to the sales guy bluffing to get me back in the door. I thought this is a reputable dealer, so I would think this would be a pretty low blow if they say that they can't do the deal. @RamCares or anyone else that knows, if they come back with a new higher offer, and won't honor what they committed to me, what should I do?
I would walk. I am looking at dealers in a2 hour radius as my local dealers don’t have the stock I want and tried to sell me something I wasn’t interested in for a high price, especially since I found this forum.

Look further abroad and contact dealers by email. They will want to call and get you in the office but make sure they know that price is king.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online