5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Houstontiger

Reaction score
Not sure if they were targetting older units since mine shows build date as 04/19. Last time FCA had deal like this past June was in October 2016.

Jflores14

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience using a Chrysler Employee discount or EPP pricing? I'm eligible through a relative. Sticker is $59k on this Patriot Blue Laramie, 6'4 Box, Sport Appearance. The employee discount is roughly $5200 and they claim they can apply another $4k in incentives. Total would be roughly 17% off msrp, before T&T. I realize 2 weeks ago guys were getting 25%+ at the end of June. I missed out, I know. This truck just showed up on the lot this week, and is literally what I would order exactly If i had the choice. Salesman claims that both the discount and the rebates are controlled by FCA in this situation. Thoughts?
I'm trying to be patient and calm, and not be anxious, despite loving the truck and being excited to own one. Despite having 18 or so dealerships on Long Island, there isn't another truck like it showing up in the search results within 250 miles. If I roll the dice and test August's incentives, I think I'd be heartbroken if this one sold out from underneath of me. Everyone is betting the amazing June Deals will come back. I agree, they might in 2019, but it could be October, or November, who knows. I don't get the impression that this region was ever getting the same kind of great discounts that some areas were, like say -Texas for example. I don't know. The way I was understanding that program, was that they were targeting the oldest stock that had been on the lots the longest. A brand new build just being delivered from the factory probably would not qualify for that heavy discounting. So, if the EP Pricing is fixed, the monthly incentive is the only variable right? What should I do here?
Thanks for any help
Last month 20% select inventory incentive was targeting the old builds on Big horn trims. The 15% on all trims applied to any build date Ram that was sold in June. It's hard to tell if those incentives will come back this year or not... I would focus on a dealer discount of 15%($8850) plus incentives, in your case $4k for a total of $12,850. That should be a pretty good deal after missing out on June incentives.

Cleave

Reaction score
Last month 20% select inventory incentive was targeting the old builds on Big horn trims. The 15% on all trims applied to any build date Ram that was sold in June. It's hard to tell if those incentives will come back this year or not... I would focus on a dealer discount of 15%($8850) plus incentives, in your case $4k for a total of $12,850. That should be a pretty good deal after missing out on June incentives.

Ok, Appreciate the input guys. That’s definitely helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MPMRam

Reaction score
When I ordered my limited on June, I negotiated with the dealer through email, the MSRP was $66,630, I told him they would need to make it worth my drive since the dealer was 2 hours away from me. I asked if he could do $58,000, not including any rebates, because rebates only are applied when the truck is delivered. I got that number from another dealer who showed me the order sheet. On the dealer order sheet you can see family and friends and employee discounts. The employee price was $58,089, that dealer wanted me to pay $59,800, then I pointed to the EP, he said no way, so I walked out, the other dealer I emailed agreed. But I also emailed 4 or 5 other local dealers who said no to my offer. I made the drive and I ordered it. Then when I was at dealer I added a few more options that would make my truck perfect just the way i wanted it. Then the dealer called me on July 1st, and said if I wanted the 15% off from Ram, I would need to sign and actually complete the purchase even though thevtruck was notvat dealer yet, because the rebate was ending on the July 1. So I drove there again and the rebate was $10,136 on top of dealer discount. And remember I ordered it, I feel if your taking off dealer stock you should get a better Dealer discount. And it's possible that the 15% off discount if not August but September. Ram wants to beat Ford f150 in sales, Ford reports there sales at the end of the quarter. It may be better to be patient, hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The automotive quarters follow a calendar year as Q1 - Jan-March Q2 - April-June Q3 - July-September Q4 - October-December.

Some companies follow a fiscal year, such as Disney World which runs October-September, their big pushes (for both discounts and purchases) fall in September.

I just left a dealership who was giving me $11k (7.2k dealer, 3.9k rebate) off a $66k msrp truck, and they said rebates are changing again on the 10th (which explains the *must take delivery on or before 7/9 on the big horn 15% off.) I just couldn't bite on a truck for $55k knowing that i MIGHT be able to get it for $45-48 if i exercise the ole patience (in training) muscle.
Ha ha, thats exactly what I paid in April. Ignorance was bliss till I read the thread in June.

Moparluver

Reaction score
Hi all, I've been working a deal with a local dealer and they have me in a crew cab big Horn at 27% off MSRP so that's MSRP of $50,000, and out the door price not including sales tax or tags for 36500. I'm trying to decide if I should wait till August and see what deals are out there or if I should at least wait till the end of this month. I feel like 27% off is pretty decent, and it could get better, but is it really worth 1000 or $1,500 to gamble on better incentives

spaightlabs

Reaction score
Hi all, I've been working a deal with a local dealer and they have me in a crew cab big Horn at 27% off MSRP so that's MSRP of $50,000, and out the door price not including sales tax or tags for 36500. I'm trying to decide if I should wait till August and see what deals are out there or if I should at least wait till the end of this month. I feel like 27% off is pretty decent, and it could get better, but is it really worth 1000 or $1,500 to gamble on better incentives

I'd pull the trigger on that deal if it's the truck you want.

ColoradoCub

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I think I’d jump on that deal if the truck has all you want. My deal was similar, stickered at $52500 and got it for $38,110. I just couldn’t pass up that deal.

Reaction score
Yea that sounds like a good get ...... I just bought a Lonestar , level 2 , with nav and led package was showing 48,500 on the sticker , final price was 34,600 ...... after some research I think I made a good deal

Moparluver

Reaction score
27% off this month is great. Go for it
I think it must be older inventory. I don't know if White doesn't sell well, but maybe that's the deal. it's a fairly well optioned truck I don't know what level or packages it has but it's got dual zone climate control in nav. I think if I can beat them down to 36 I'll feel like there wouldn't be any reason to wait. They have it advertised on the internet for 37 so I feel like I should be able to get a little bit more out of him.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

timtlu

Reaction score
I think it must be older inventory. I don't know if White doesn't sell well, but maybe that's the deal. it's a fairly well optioned truck I don't know what level or packages it has but it's got dual zone climate control in nav. I think if I can beat them down to 36 I'll feel like there wouldn't be any reason to wait. They have it advertised on the internet for 37 so I feel like I should be able to get a little bit more out of him.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Still offering 20% on oldest inventory Big Horn/Lone Star. If it's a volume dealer, that can still be pretty recent. Smaller dealer, you might be looking at something pretty dang old. Look at the window sticker on the dealer site and at the bottom you can see the build date.

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
.... Total would be roughly 17% off msrp, before T&T. I realize 2 weeks ago guys were getting 25%+ at the end of June. I missed out, I know. This truck just showed up on the lot this week, and is literally what I would order exactly If i had the choice. Salesman claims that both the discount and the rebates are controlled by FCA in this situation. Thoughts?
I'm trying to be patient and calm, and not be anxious, despite loving the truck and being excited to own one. Despite having 18 or so dealerships on Long Island, there isn't another truck like it showing up in the search results within 250 miles. ......
Thanks for any help

i disagree. I would bet the farm we NEVER see 15%-20 off MSRP rebate again on a 5th gen any model EXCEPT maybe a "2019 Classic" andwhotheheckwantsthat?! Even at 50% off, i wouldn't want the older body style....(you can't keep ME down on the farm, now that i've seen Paree : )

Or mayyyyyybeeee, going forward, they will give a higher incentive on "older dealer inventory units" because dang if that didn't "shake all the coconuts to the ground"...but 15% off MSRP Brand New/ Any unit IN ADDITIONAL to a slew of other incentives?! Never happen again...

That (in my opinion) was a ONE TIME "lets get these trucks in as many owners hands as possible so they can SPREAD THE WORD how great our truck is" offer.... It worked, they had their best "unit sold" quarter ever. But profit? No way they'll ever suffer a loss like that again....

This is FCA we are talking about, it is amazing we even got it THE FIRST TIME, their trucks just were not moving and desperate times called for desperate measures.......

I say, " get that truck you REALLY want TODAY" (at the current incentives) before it goes.... i can tell you this: an additional 8% (IF you were to even get it) is prolly no more than 50 bucks a month, and THAT is not worth losing the ONE truck you want in a 250+ mile radius.... Any truck OTHER than this one would be a "compromise", so why not make the compromise be, "50 bucks a month" cost?! (PLUS ur not even sure THAT is a compromise, since you aren't guaranteed rebates will increase : )

Last edited:

tom Z

Reaction score
So it appears that there is no manufacturer incentives or rebates as of 7/10. I had a deal written up on the 8th for a 65k Laramie for 49,800 (it would have been a transit vehicle from another dealer). I walked because it was missing a few key things.

That truck sold, but I went in last night for a 65k Laramie that they had on their lot and it was $59, and they wouldn't budge. I had both sets of keys for my trade and my checkbook and they could not make anything happen. They wouldn't budge from $59k, they said ALL RAMS were 15% off until the 9th, which is definitely not what rams incentive website said. I would have closed the deal if i could have gotten sub 50 for it (exact truck i wanted). The only thing they could give me was a 6k dealer discount.

Does anyone know if they launch different rebates and incentives in the middle of the month?
Make sure you get the air ride suspension it's got a better ride than my Lexus LS460 and has 5" of travel!

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Make sure you get the air ride suspension it's got a better ride than my Lexus LS460 and has 5" of travel!

At this point that’s not a ‘must have’ in the family lol. I’ve had a hard enough time finding a sunroof with advanced safety in a 4x4 3.92 and a 12” screen lol. For me the ride difference was negligible. They both ride very nice

Moabrubi

Reaction score
Local dealer had truck MSRP for 52k. Lowest they wanted to go was 45k OTD. I’m thinking I can do better.

Last edited:

spaightlabs

Reaction score
Local dealer had truck MSRP for 52k. Lowest they wanted to go was 45k OTD. I’m thinking I can do better.

You can do better.

Work a couple of dealers and show the local fellers the deal you can get elsewhere. They need to move some units and 2020 hits the ground in Sept.

Moabrubi

Reaction score
You can do better.

Work a couple of dealers and show the local fellers the deal you can get elsewhere. They need to move some units and 2020 hits the ground in Sept.

That’s what I figured. The salesman was really butthurt i didn’t take his deal. I hate how these guys try to add $4000 worth of useless packages like Lojack and a 5 year cleaning serviceyou don’t want.

airgas1998

Reaction score
wait wow so 58950msrp buy for 49500 plus ttl is no biggie i should now say btw now i want all qualifying incentives applied to? i say qualifying as some are so ridiculous like 500 for low fico score 500 ffa member 500 realtor and blah blah...i know it varies by region but i think they'd tell me to go fly a kite....

Users who are viewing this thread