5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

retho78

Reaction score
What are everyone's thoughts on a demo/used truck? I am going to look at it tomorrow. Dealership is selling it as used for $46k (Laramie black), but it would have been $68k MSRP built as is. (Fullly loaded, Etorque, Air suspension, Level 2, Advanced safety). The only thing it's missing is a 12" screen, which i'm bummed about. It currently has 123 miles on it, which is not really used in my book lol.

Since it is used it gets a 7yr/100k drivetrain warranty, which is kind of cool.
I think you can get a new one for that price or something slightly cheaper.

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I almost bought a Jeep Grand Cherokee the week before I bought my new Ram. The dealer had 4 of them as Certified Pre-Owned with 10 miles each on them. They were for sale for $37K from a $52K sticker.

I found out that what they did was the dealer bought them on the last day of April because Jeep had some big rebates that ended that day.

So, maybe the used truck with 123 miles is the same deal. One that the dealer bought so they could still offer it for a big discount after everybody else went back to less or no rebates.

jackjare9455

Reaction score
I got 25% off the MSRP of a Rebel 12A. I got really lucky since it had just came off the transport trailer (got to watch it get unloaded), so I was the only one to ever drive it.
61940 to 46455. Not bad for a loaded Rebel 12A.

ptlawn

Reaction score
I got 25% off the MSRP of a Rebel 12A. I got really lucky since it had just came off the transport trailer (got to watch it get unloaded), so I was the only one to ever drive it.
When?

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Was this before or after July 1?

I also think you guys need to include the date of the deal, we may not see those same June prices again..

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I doubt very highly that with only 123 miles on it that it’s a buyers remorse truck. But everyone else is right about a demo being sold as new still as long as it wasn’t titled.

It’s being sold as used for sure, the salesman keeps referring to it as a demo, but maybe he’s just using that term. I’ll keep you guys updated after i (hopefully) check it out today.

F150toRAM

Reaction score
New to forum. A lot of great info on here! I have had 2 ford trucks for the past 15 years. Been awesome to me but the interior of the new Dodges have sold me to make the switch. I am in Houston and been to a few dealerships already. Read a lot about the truck and finally decided what I want: on a 4x2 Limited w/Etourque Engine with the Limited Level 1 Equipment group. MSRP of $64,740. I got dealer down to $56,500- about 12% off MSRP but after reading all your posts about last months deals has got me feeling like I should wait another month to see what next months rebates are. 30% off MSRP just sounds awesome. Any advice on a couple of things:
1) Do I wait? I know its been answered before (if I wait, the choices of limited will dwindle) but man Im tempted.
2) Anyone have a referral for a dealership within Texas (don't mind traveling near Houston)? I would like to talk to someone a little competent about rebates.
Thanks in advance!

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
New to forum. A lot of great info on here! I have had 2 ford trucks for the past 15 years. Been awesome to me but the interior of the new Dodges have sold me to make the switch. I am in Houston and been to a few dealerships already. Read a lot about the truck and finally decided what I want: on a 4x2 Limited w/Etourque Engine with the Limited Level 1 Equipment group. MSRP of $64,740. I got dealer down to $56,500- about 12% off MSRP but after reading all your posts about last months deals has got me feeling like I should wait another month to see what next months rebates are. 30% off MSRP just sounds awesome. Any advice on a couple of things:
1) Do I wait? I know its been answered before (if I wait, the choices of limited will dwindle) but man Im tempted.

That's where i'm at too, if i wait too long, all the trucks will be gone waiting for the deals lol.

bigwidge

Reaction score
2) Anyone have a referral for a dealership within Texas (don't mind traveling near Houston)? I would like to talk to someone a little competent about rebates.
Thanks in advance!

That's a hard one. One one hand, yes the deals could (and probably will) come back sometime between now and when the 20's come in. But on the other, these beauties are being sold quickly. So the longer you wait, the less options you have.

I guess it ultimately boils down to what you want. If you want something particular, I'd say shop now and take the best price you find. But if you're looking for a no-frills easy to come by truck, then you might be okay waiting.

I got 26% off MSRP on my Ram back on June 26, very happy with my purchase! Had to drive 3 hours to find the best price though.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’d wait. I bought in late April, got less off than you are quoting, and missed the rebates too.
I think there will be enough of a choice within 500 miles (as long as you are not dead set on a certain interior color other than black).
I’d think the likelihood of an August clearance is at least as high as not. Also, you are getting a year old truck so maybe waiting for a 2020’ would be better... some issues have been resolved.

mardwin

Reaction score
Thanks in advance!
I advise you to wait it out. There are a lot trucks that haven't moved and the aggressive rebates will probably comeback before the end of the quarter when the 2020 model are slated to come out. Go to autolist or carsguru to look at the national inventory that should give you an idea of how much inventory is available for the trim you are looking for. Right now is the beginning of the month and you won't be getting the best possible price from dealerships.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What are everyone's thoughts on a demo/used truck? I am going to look at it tomorrow. Dealership is selling it as used for $46k (Laramie black), but it would have been $68k MSRP built as is. (Fullly loaded, Etorque, Air suspension, Level 2, Advanced safety). The only thing it's missing is a 12" screen, which i'm bummed about. It currently has 123 miles on it, which is not really used in my book lol.

Since it is used it gets a 7yr/100k drivetrain warranty, which is kind of cool.

Learned a little more about this truck. It has 3,000 miles now (guess the sales manager took it on a vacation over the 4th, lovely). It is also a transport damage vehicle. Basically the sales guy told me that some cars get damaged in transit to dealerships and the dealerships have the option to deny them upon delivery. They go back to FCA to get fixed, and dealers have the ability to buy them to sell on their lot. I said well it's not worth $47,000 then, i can get a non damaged new one for $3k more. He said they had $42k into it and need to get at least $45k.

The search continues!

timtlu

Reaction score
Learned a little more about this truck. It has 3,000 miles now (guess the sales manager took it on a vacation over the 4th, lovely). It is also a transport damage vehicle. Basically the sales guy told me that some cars get damaged in transit to dealerships and the dealerships have the option to deny them upon delivery. They go back to FCA to get fixed, and dealers have the ability to buy them to sell on their lot. I said well it's not worth $47,000 then, i can get a non damaged new one for $3k more. He said they had $42k into it and need to get at least $45k.

The search continues!
You don't happen to be dealing with AutoNation North Richland Hills do you? Worst experience I had looking for my truck was with almost this exact story.

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You don't happen to be dealing with AutoNation North Richland Hills do you? Worst experience I had looking for my truck was with almost this exact story.

Nope, Phillips Chrysler in Ocala, FL. The salesman has been very helpful so it hasn’t been a terrible experience lol

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would want to know what the damage was and if it will show on a CarFax report now or ever in the future.

$50K for a brand new one vs $45K for one that has been previously damaged and has 3000 miles on it? Hmmmm....

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would want to know what the damage was and if it will show on a CarFax report now or ever in the future.

$50K for a brand new one vs $45K for one that has been previously damaged and has 3000 miles on it? Hmmmm....

Yeah no go on this one. They couldn’t give me any info on the damage. Your deal is what I’m chasing. Add a sunroof and you’ve got my perfect truck.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
If you haven't bought a RAM yet, I would wait. These deals are going to come back, probably worth the extra $7,000 - $10,000 in additional to what you can get now.

The all new F150 will be introduced in the next couple of months and GM is ramping up truck production and incentives. FCA is going to react to keep their positive press, maybe the end of this year's quarter.

Last edited:

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
If you haven't bought a RAM yet, I would wait. These deals are going to come back, probably worth the extra $7,000 - $10,000 in additional to what you can get now.

The all new F150 will be introduced in the next couple of months and GM is ramping up truck production and incentives. FCA is going to react to keep their positive press, maybe the end of this quarter.
I’d say so on the deals to come yes.
Definately avoid an already damaged truck.

Moabrubi

Reaction score

The all new F150 will be introduced in the next couple of months and GM is ramping up truck production and incentives. FCA is going to react to keep their positive press, maybe the end of this quarter.

For those of us not so smart ones when is the end of the quarter?

Users who are viewing this thread