5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

bfulford7

Reaction score
I talked to my sales guy from who I bought the truck from and he will keep me posted of the current offers and upcoming deals so, if anyone is looking to buy one let me know, please. I will see what I can find to help you out... thank you.

Wondering how much % off they will go in late July or August? looking for at least 20-25% off to make me move on Laramie Sport Sunroof Lvl1 2wd or 4wd

bfulford7

Reaction score
Wondering how much % off they will go in late July or August? looking for at least 20-25% off to make me move on Laramie Sport Sunroof Lvl1 2wd or 4wd
And it does seem like the dealers are really trying to make up for the discounts by only doing 5-10% off MSRP right now

Houstontiger

Reaction score
Hello Guys,
I am looking to sell my 19 Longhorn 2wd MSRP $62255. It is ivory white with black saddle interior. It has 230 miles and it's about 10 days old. Plus we got a Mopar hard tonnaeu cover installed by the dealer. I will accept reasonable offers. I am located in Houston area.

retho78

Reaction score
The sales guy I purchased from told me they are showing 8800 off of MSRP on limited 1500s, those are with qualified rebates and financing thru Chrysler.

retho78

Reaction score
:oops:I have been looking at so many trucks. Didn't even notice this. Thank God you saved me. Not going to get a V6!! Cant believe I missed that.

Where are you located? Do you want me check with my sales person and see if he can help find one for you?

mardwin

Reaction score
OK guys decision time! Need to get a truck rather soon so I am not sure I can wait until next month to see if bigger rebates come in. Here is the deal I am getting. I have attached the Window sticker (what do you guys think of the set up?? )
MSRP: $67,350.00
My price: 57,247.50
Comes out to 15% off MSRP.
You can do better than 15%. Try to negotiate to 25% at least.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
Hello Guys,
I am looking to sell my 19 Longhorn 2wd MSRP $62255. It is ivory white with black saddle interior. It has 230 miles and it's about 10 days old. Plus we got a Mopar hard tonnaeu cover installed by the dealer. I will accept reasonable offers. I am located in Houston area.
ok, i'll bite...

why? whattheheckhappenedbetween10daysago&today??!!

bfulford7

Reaction score
The sales guy I purchased from told me they are showing 8800 off of MSRP on limited 1500s, those are with qualified rebates and financing thru Chrysler.

Yea that is really minimal discounting... I would expect more like $15-20k off a $60-65k limited

brotharon

Reaction score
Houston, TX. Thanks!
Hey, I just bought mine on the 1st of July for 23k under MSRP from Bayshore Ram in...uhhh east Houston...google it and you will find it. I dealt with the internet sales manager before ever heading out there and it was really a seamless process. Got there at 5:30 PM after leaving work, drove my truck home that night after everything wrapping up at about 7:45 ish

timtlu

Reaction score
Just an FYI for anyone looking to buy now: you are not currently going to be able to get close to matching any of the deals that you are seeing from purchase dates between June 1 and July 1 on Laramie, Longhorn, or Limiteds. Those prices were part of a 15% across the board rebate on all Ram 1500s.

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am headed into the dealer now to look at a 65k laramie black. Hoping to score it for sub $50 with some throw ins. My trade also plays a large part due to it being worth 42-44 KBB value.

retho78

Reaction score
I am headed into the dealer now to look at a 65k laramie black. Hoping to score it for sub $50 with some throw ins. My trade also plays a large part due to it being worth 42-44 KBB value.
Good luck!

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No dice. Would do it for $59k, they said “the 15% ended last night on the 9th.” Which i think is a crock because ram only had the discounts on the big horns on their site. Who knows

ppowell1983

Reaction score
Hello Guys,
Honestly, I think a fair price for this truck is somewhere between $40,000 and $42,500. Why are you looking at selling it so soon?

bfulford7

Reaction score
Just an FYI for anyone looking to buy now: you are not currently going to be able to get close to matching any of the deals that you are seeing from purchase dates between June 1 and July 1 on Laramie, Longhorn, or Limiteds. Those prices were part of a 15% across the board rebate on all Ram 1500s.
Good thing I found this forum to at least be more informed when the deal could be right.

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
:oops:I have been looking at so many trucks. Didn't even notice this. Thank God you saved me. Not going to get a V6!! Cant believe I missed that.

I also had a very specific set of options in mind, so when i was looking, i printed out a window sticker that HAD everything i wanted (even tho color was diff) circled color, and highlighted every single feature and then used THAT as my guide and refer to it each time i found one that "appeared" to have what i wanted and my eyes would go "straight to the spot on the window sticker where each SHOULD be : )

BEFORE i did that, i would find 10 things that were a "go" and almost miss "the eleventh" thing that was a "dealbreaker" that was missing...

Once i had my "template" it didn't happen again.

Wayyyyy toooooo many configurations in this dang truck...Good lord it can get crazy, well YOU know, u never noticed the V6....!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread