5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

ppowell1983

Reaction score
Just wanted to say a quick thank you to the forum for the extremely valuable info. I picked up my 19' Limited on 7/3 after closing the deal Monday AM (7/1) for 27% off MSRP and $100 Doc Fee. My 2011 RAM sold on 6/30 to a private party, so I was down to the wire to make a deal. I ended up at Apple CDJR in Shakopee, MN which uses the "This is our everyone price" model. Closed the deal Monday AM, flew Wednesday afternoon to the dealer and drove 8 hours home through some midwest pop-up thunderstorms. (19.1 MPG trip avg) I spent a relaxed 4th cleaning and coating the new truck. The truck is just amazing and I'm just blown away with how far Ram has come with fit/finish and interior materials. Fingers-crossed the reliability is as good as my faultless 2011 with 98K miles. View attachment 29903 View attachment 29904 View attachment 29905

Congrats, we got very similar truck. I already have 2,200 miles on mine, got it on June 14th. I’m not sure what’s the coolest feature, the rambox or the 12” screen.

38b7a0ea7263db264ce1373e73b862ab.jpg

c751c78b7aa84738baa8516a7d001e28.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lucmac

Reaction score
Congrats, we got very similar truck. I already have 2,200 miles on mine, got it on June 14th. I’m not sure what’s the coolest feature, the rambox or the 12” screen.

Can't tell of the Rambox is actually a good thing or too many cons just to have some extra lockable storage. Does it kill the ability to use the bed extender? Does it make it hard to find a good fitting
tonneau
cover? Does it eliminate the side wall tie down rings and otherwise make it harder to carry a dirt bike?

38b7a0ea7263db264ce1373e73b862ab.jpg

c751c78b7aa84738baa8516a7d001e28.jpg

Lucmac

Reaction score
Can't tell of the Rambox is actually a good thing or too many cons just to have some extra lockable storage. Does it kill the ability to use the bed extender? Does it make it hard to find a good fitting
tonneau
cover? Does it eliminate the side wall tie down rings and otherwise make it harder to carry a dirt bike?

tailgatejoe

Reaction score
Have to thank everyone posting in this thread! I found this forum and thread on a lark 2 weeks ago, saw the discussion on these undisclosed incentives, and drove my 2015 1500 Laramie with 65k miles on it to my dealership to see about getting into a new ride.
6/28/19
Seaview Auto in NJ, "The Jeep Store."
Trade in: 2015 Laramie with 65k miles, 52k new (purchased for 38k, great deal there) $24,000 and 10k in equity.
Bought: 2019 Ram Rebel, $62,385 sticker, negotiated to $48,123, about 23% off

BTW, I had signed up for the Tread Lightly organization to get the chrysler affiliate 3% under invoice pricing certificate which was supposed to be stackable with other incentives. But the dealer said they couldn't use it to apply to this sale. I figured it was just going to be a sweetener for the dealer to recapture some money from the manufacturer, but guess not.

All in all, not the best discount posted, but I haven't seen many deals in NJ and not a lot of Rebels. They were sitting on a bunch of 70k Limiteds and I am sure they would have been a little more motivated on those, but I loved the white/black rebel and it was optioned up really well. One odd thing, it has the 12in screen, but not the 12 or 12a package, which isn't even able to be configured that way on the ram site. Build date I believe is 2/19.

I have been dealing with the Jeep Store for my last 4 vehicles before this, 2 wrangler 4drs and 2 Ram 1500s, and have had family get 3 cars here. They are a great dealership and go above and beyond to get things done in a low pressure atmosphere. I travel quite a distance from NYC to use them.

ppowell1983

Reaction score

So the Rambox has the tie downs on each side and the bed extender is also available and works as a bed divider. I took the one on my 2018 Rebel with Rambox before it went back on lease so now I have 2. The Rambox bed is actually wider than the standard box between the wheel wells. You lose the space in the bed in front and behind the wheel well.

90c6e02d4dcd75c6a9a69f4b341ee818.jpg

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So the Rambox has the tie downs on each side and the bed extender is also available and works as a bed divider. I took the one on my 2018 Rebel with Rambox before it went back on lease so now I have 2. The Rambox bed is actually wider than the standard box between the wheel wells. You lose the space in the bed in front and behind the wheel well.

Pretty sweet having 2 of those dividers. You could even use one as a bed extender and the other as a divider for max space and security. Very cool.

Question: What's the deal with the key(s) for the 2 dividers? Does the key inside the fob that came with the new truck work on the new divider? Does it work on the old divider?

If you wanted to lock both dividers, do you have to carry your truck key fob plus 2 separate keys, one for each divider?

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
tonneau

Not only do you not "lose" the bed extender, you get/have a different one than what the regular bed uses, that is cooler than the one the regular bed uses. :) The RamBox divider, as shown X 2 in @ppowell1983's picture, unfolds into a 3-sided deal that then attaches to the ends of the bed sidewalls to work as a bed divider.

On a '19 (New Style) 1500, the bed extender does not have anything to attach to. But, if you order the 4 parts (2 for each side) that would be for an '18 or earlier, they bolt right on and then the bed divider can attach as a bed extender.

The parts cost about $80, total, for all 4 pieces. I ordered mine on Sunday, received them Wednesday, and put them on in about 5 minutes. All you need is something like a small flathead screwdriver to pop off the 4 plugs that are covering the bolt holes, and then a T50 Torx driver to put the 4 bolts in.

Also, the RamBox rails that come installed in the truck make it easier to put on a bed cover. At least, for some bed covers.

And, the 4 tie down rings that a regular bed has in the corners are there, plus you get the 4 movable cleats that are on the RamBox rails. So, it should actually be easier to tie down a motorcycle. However, you probably do lose the ability to carry 2 bikes. I carried 2 sport bikes in the back of my previous regular bed trucks numerous times. I don't think that's gonna work in a RamBox bed. MAYBE for dirt bikes, since they're so skinny. But, I have a feeling even dirt bikes will have the handlebar ends banging into each other if you try to put 2 in.

ppowell1983

Reaction score
[QUOTE="however, you probably do lose the ability to carry 2 bikes. I carried 2 sport bikes in the back of my previous regular bed trucks numerous times. I don't think that's gonna work in a RamBox bed. MAYBE for dirt bikes, since they're so skinny. But, I have a feeling even dirt bikes will have the handlebar ends banging into each other if you try to put 2 in.[/QUOTE]

I wonder if you put one bike in with handlebars facing the cab and another bike with the handlebars over the tailgate if that would prevent them from banging eachother?

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wonder if you put one bike in with handlebars facing the cab and another bike with the handlebars over the tailgate if that would prevent them from banging eachother?

I think that would work for dirtbikes - IF you can figure out how to get a bike in there backwards. Dirtbikes are light enough that maybe you and a buddy could just pick it up and stick it in there. Even that seems like it would be much better as a 3-man operation. But, going backwards up a ramp has always been something I would take a hard pass on. :)

Personally, I decided that when I got RamBoxes my days of carrying 2 bikes in the bed are over. If I need to carry 2 bikes, I will use a trailer. I don't have any dirtbikes anymore anyway.

Vengenzpt

Reaction score
I know this isn't a purchasing question but is it unreasonable for me to try and get a 2019 Laramie lease with 12,000 miles per year, $0 down, and $350-$400 per month in MA?

ramhead

Reaction score
I know this isn't a purchasing question but is it unreasonable for me to try and get a 2019 Laramie lease with 12,000 miles per year, $0 down, and $350-$400 per month in MA?

Gonna be impossible for anyone to give you a valid answer on that.....depends on your credit rating, income and ratio of loans already outstanding. The numbers you want may be more doable for a Big Horn not a Laramie but for a motivated dealer who wants to move end of year inventory who knows?

Lucmac

Reaction score

90c6e02d4dcd75c6a9a69f4b341ee818.jpg

Kool. Where do you order the Rambox specific dividers from plus the hardware to attach as a bed extender from and what is the exact right part numbers?

For the Rambox itself, is there anything that comes stock inside to adjust or compartmentalize them?

ppowell1983

Reaction score
Kool. Where do you order the Rambox specific dividers from plus the hardware to attach as a bed extender from and what is the exact right part numbers?

For the Rambox itself, is there anything that comes stock inside to adjust or compartmentalize them?

You can order them from any discount mopar store. Your best bet is to look on EBay for a bed divider. The part numbers for everything is below.

There’s nothing stock that comes with it to divide the Rambox, but a member here makes a really trick Rambox divider system at a reasonable price. Just do a search on that.

Bed extender/divider: 68027145AE

2x - Swivel handle: 68054996aa
2x - bottom grommet: 68054997ab

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score

For the dividers, these are the ones @ppowell1983 was talking about:

I ordered 1 set, but they haven't arrived yet.

For the RamBox bed divider, just be prepared for a mild heart attack when you see the price. I think a new one runs around $700. But, there are bunches of them on eBay. They seem to run $300 - 400.

I am pretty sure the RamBox divider from any year truck with RamBoxes and any bed length will work in any other truck with RamBoxes. Don't be thrown off if you see one that says it's for a '16 1500 or even a 2500, for example.

ppowell1983

Reaction score
For the dividers, these are the ones @ppowell1983 was talking about:

I ordered 1 set, but they haven't arrived yet.

For the RamBox bed divider, just be prepared for a mild heart attack when you see the price. I think a new one runs around $700. But, there are bunches of them on eBay. They seem to run $300 - 400.

I am pretty sure the RamBox divider from any year truck with RamBoxes and any bed length will work in any other truck with RamBoxes. Don't be thrown off if you see one that says it's for a '16 1500 or even a 2500, for example.

I know for a fact the Gen 4 works and is identical to the Gen 5 divider. I kept the one out of my Rebel before returning it to the leasing company.

RaysFanBoy

Reaction score
Purchased 7/1/2019, but dealer classified it as an “end of month” purchase. Super happy with the deal.
2019 Ram Rebel Crew Cab 4x4
MSRP $57,675
Price before TTT $41,785
Hard to find a base Quad Cab Rebel at that price.
The truck is fantastic and I couldn’t be happier. Good luck to everyone out there, and there are definitely deals to be had.

Attachments

• B63E942C-B531-43F5-B271-E8CB8F4F2E70.jpeg
    B63E942C-B531-43F5-B271-E8CB8F4F2E70.jpeg
    172.6 KB · Views: 62
  • 274BCC54-AF4C-4629-B670-1B54AA56C91E.jpeg
    274BCC54-AF4C-4629-B670-1B54AA56C91E.jpeg
    163.1 KB · Views: 66
  • 5DBCFE5F-F263-47A6-8A5B-47D3346A7DB2.jpeg
    5DBCFE5F-F263-47A6-8A5B-47D3346A7DB2.jpeg
    138.5 KB · Views: 63

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Purchased 7/1/2019, but dealer classified it as an “end of month” purchase. Super happy with the deal.
2019 Ram Rebel Crew Cab 4x4
MSRP $57,675
Price before TTT $41,785
Hard to find a base Quad Cab Rebel at that price.
The truck is fantastic and I couldn’t be happier. Good luck to everyone out there, and there are definitely deals to be had.

What dealership? Rays - sounds like you are in FL

mardwin

Reaction score
How do I get 25% off a Laramie sport I found. Sticker is 59740
Negotiate with the dealership. First step check the internet price that should give you their baseline. Second, do a market research for competitors prices and compare the going price. Third, inquire with the dealership that has the desired vehicle and wait until the last week of the month to make a move. Your target price is ~$45K.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/