5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

retho78

Reaction score
How do I get 25% off a Laramie sport I found. Sticker is 59740
I was able to get my 2019 Laramie Sport Crew Cab, 4x4 with off road package for 40K OTD, TT&L will be additional. Also, the MSRP on my truck was 55K.

Wait until EoM to see what each dealership has to offer. Also, check during the next major holiday for any special deals.

Thanks.

Sightfisht

Reaction score
Wow, from what I see a lot of you guys really scored some incredible deals! Thought I did well back in May on a 19 limited for 51.5k on a 62k MSRP. It was an early production truck so some of the options and base was a bit less than more recent ones...that threw me off a little when shopping. MSRP would have been about $1250 higher. Found it in Ohio online and they wouldn’t budge on advertised price so just bought it and had it delivered to NY fo $700. Much better than the nightmare of dealing with local dealers here in NY (the absolute worst lol!). None would even entertain more than 7-8k off and all had sunroofs which I didn’t want (for more headroom).

Last edited:

BZV971

Reaction score
I got a great deal on my truck in the middle of June (msrp-30%) and I haven't follow what incentives are currently available. I have worked in the car business for 30+ years, though not in sales, and I have no doubt that these incentives stay strong and my improve as 2019 MY assembly winds down and 2020 MY assembly(July 29?) starts. So if your still looking stay patient and be ready to go at a moments notice

Moabrubi

Reaction score
Hey all, new here coming from the Ford side. I opened my eyes to the new Rams today after a few buddies told me about the deals they got and test drove it. Really liked it!

I built a truck online. A 5.7l, 4x4 with 3.92’s and the trailer tow package. Pretty basic. MSRP 42k. Dealer basically told me there arent any deals. What is your guys secret to getting so much off?

ColoradoCub

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I really wish they had the great deals on the higher end models this month but regardless I got a really good deal on a Bighorn, 28% off MSRP isn’t too shabby. It really is crazy that FCA has been running these specials, unless you are brand loyal the prices have been incomparable between Ford and Chevy and Ram.

Moabrubi

Reaction score
I really wish they had the great deals on the higher end models this month but regardless I got a really good deal on a Bighorn, 28% off MSRP isn’t too shabby. It really is crazy that FCA has been running these specials, unless you are brand loyal the prices have been incomparable between Ford and Chevy and Ram.

Ive been looking at the F-150s, and around here a used 2015 Ford is comparable to an 18 or 19 Ram. It really doesent make sense. It seems for a few thousand more I can get into a new one too if i can get one of these deals like everyone on here.

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What are everyone's thoughts on a demo/used truck? I am going to look at it tomorrow. Dealership is selling it as used for $46k (Laramie black), but it would have been $68k MSRP built as is. (Fullly loaded, Etorque, Air suspension, Level 2, Advanced safety). The only thing it's missing is a 12" screen, which i'm bummed about. It currently has 123 miles on it, which is not really used in my book lol.

Since it is used it gets a 7yr/100k drivetrain warranty, which is kind of cool.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What are everyone's thoughts on a demo/used truck? I am going to look at it tomorrow. Dealership is selling it as used for $46k (Laramie black), but it would have been $68k MSRP built as is. (Fullly loaded, Etorque, Air suspension, Level 2, Advanced safety). The only thing it's missing is a 12" screen, which i'm bummed about. It currently has 123 miles on it, which is not really used in my book lol.

Wow...that’s low miles to be sold “used”!

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got a great deal on my truck in the middle of June (msrp-30%) and I haven't follow what incentives are currently available. I have worked in the car business for 30+ years, though not in sales, and I have no doubt that these incentives stay strong and my improve as 2019 MY assembly winds down and 2020 MY assembly(July 29?) starts. So if your still looking stay patient and be ready to go at a moments notice

Do you see dealerships getting more 2019 trucks in? I am having trouble finding the exact truck I'm after (Laramie, Crew, Black appearance, 22", sunroof, advanced safety, Level 2, 4x4 etc). In fact, there are only 2 of them within 1,000 miles of me that have everything i want. My gut is telling my that i'll have to drop at least one option from my boxes if I want to get a good deal. My fear is if i wait to long, my trade value goes down and I pay more for a 2020.

At least if i order a 2020 soon, the dealership i am working with will lock in my trade number, but the 2020's will have very little rebates.

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score

It may have more miles this week, apparently, the sales manager had it for the holiday and weekend which is why I couldn't see it. I definitely verified it being sold as used.

ColoradoCub

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ive been looking at the F-150s, and around here a used 2015 Ford is comparable to an 18 or 19 Ram. It really doesent make sense. It seems for a few thousand more I can get into a new one too if i can get one of these deals like everyone on here.

Agreed, the total sales numbers have to be leaning in Rams corner. I like F150’s , never owned a GM but if you are shopping for the best deals it sure seems like a guy has to at least look at a Ram. I couldn’t even get them to come $7000 off MSRP on a F150 and I got just under $15k off sticker on my ram.

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey all, new here coming from the Ford side. I opened my eyes to the new Rams today after a few buddies told me about the deals they got and test drove it. Really liked it!

I built a truck online. A 5.7l, 4x4 with 3.92’s and the trailer tow package. Pretty basic. MSRP 42k. Dealer basically told me there arent any deals. What is your guys secret to getting so much off?

The secret is that Dodge was offering some really big rebates across the board and those ended on June 30. I think, right now, they only major rebate they are offering is on the Big Horn trim level only. And I think it's only 15% off.

If you want a deal like what some of us got last month, you're going to have to wait until they start offering those big rebates again. Which will probably happen sometime between now and November. But, then you'll be stuck buying whatever leftover '19 you can find.

My '09 Ram 1500 was a dealer demo. I bought it with 6000 miles already on it. I just traded it in with 193K miles on it. If you can live with the 8.4" Uconnect, you should jump on that deal!

Be aware, I think your bumper to bumper warranty will not start when you buy it. It started whenever they put the truck in service as a demo. Also, you may or may not get the full amount of time on the free Sirius. That may also have started when they put the truck in service. All in all, a very small price to pay for the deal you described.

That said, the 12" was a requirement for me. I would not have bought my truck without it, even at $22K off. But, that's just me. Mine is exactly the same specs you're looking at, too - except mine has the 12" (which is awesome, BTW). :D

Do you see dealerships getting more 2019 trucks in? I am having trouble finding the exact truck I'm after (Laramie, Crew, Black appearance, 22", sunroof, advanced safety, Level 2, 4x4 etc). In fact, there are only 2 of them within 1,000 miles of me that have everything i want. My gut is telling my that i'll have to drop at least one option from my boxes if I want to get a good deal. My fear is if i wait to long, my trade value goes down and I pay more for a 2020.

At least if i order a 2020 soon, the dealership i am working with will lock in my trade number, but the 2020's will have very little rebates.

I would drop the sunroof. I've had a sunroof on my last 20-something years worth of trucks. I found that I pretty much NEVER use them. I was happy to find the truck I did with no sunroof. It's just one more thing that can leak and, for me, of no use.

I would definitely drop the sunroof before I dropped the 12" Uconnect.

Also, dealers will probably be getting a few more '19s in. The factory stopped taking orders for '19s, but that doesn't mean they have finished building out all the existing orders. But, waiting will definitely be a gamble.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Agreed, the total sales numbers have to be leaning in Rams corner. I like F150’s , never owned a GM but if you are shopping for the best deals it sure seems like a guy has to at least look at a Ram. I couldn’t even get them to come $7000 off MSRP on a F150 and I got just under $15k off sticker on my ram.
Yep, thats Ford for you.

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The secret is that Dodge was offering some really big rebates across the board and those ended on June 30. I think, right now, they only major rebate they are offering is on the Big Horn trim level only. And I think it's only 15% off.

If you want a deal like what some of us got last month, you're going to have to wait until they start offering those big rebates again. Which will probably happen sometime between now and November. But, then you'll be stuck buying whatever leftover '19 you can find.

My '09 Ram 1500 was a dealer demo. I bought it with 6000 miles already on it. I just traded it in with 193K miles on it. If you can live with the 8.4" Uconnect, you should jump on that deal!

Be aware, I think your bumper to bumper warranty will not start when you buy it. It started whenever they put the truck in service as a demo. Also, you may or may not get the full amount of time on the free Sirius. That may also have started when they put the truck in service. All in all, a very small price to pay for the deal you described.

That said, the 12" was a requirement for me. I would not have bought my truck without it, even at $22K off. But, that's just me. Mine is exactly the same specs you're looking at, too - except mine has the 12" (which is awesome, BTW). :D

I would drop the sunroof. I've had a sunroof on my last 20-something years worth of trucks. I found that I pretty much NEVER use them. I was happy to find the truck I did with no sunroof. It's just one more thing that can leak and, for me, of no use.

I would definitely drop the sunroof before I dropped the 12" Uconnect.

Also, dealers will probably be getting a few more '19s in. The factory stopped taking orders for '19s, but that doesn't mean they have finished building out all the existing orders. But, waiting will definitely be a gamble.

I tried to order one on friday and they let me know ordering has been closed.

You're not helping my 12" screen second guessing!!! I've driven three of them now and man are they awesome. This particular truck even has the power running boards which I plan on adding. Makes it tough to walk away from! lol Maybe there is a retrofit that is possible later on. I'm not too bummed about the sirius, and i will check on the warranty.

I haven't driven the 8.4 other than a rental grand Cherokee. Unfortunately, the sunroof is a wifey requirement, as it is actually her primary daily driver (my company sticks me in a rogue). When we traded her jeep in for our current truck she wasn't thrilled it didn't have a sunroof, so i promised her i would try to make a sunroof happen in this one.

For those who have purchased the 2019 as soon as it came out, what kind of money off MSRP was given?

kevin1914

Reaction score

It’s my understanding that the only reason a vehicle would be categorized as used, is because it’s been titled before. Demos are considered new because they haven’t been titled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jgibbons1685

Reaction score
It’s my understanding that the only reason a vehicle would be categorized as used, is because it’s been titled before. Demos are considered new because they haven’t been titled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep. True.
I bought a demo Durango R/T with 6,000 miles on it. The bumper to bumper warranty started the day I bought it because it hasn’t been titled. This truck is likely a “buyers remorse” truck that was returned. I’d car fax it to be sure.

ColoradoCub

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I doubt very highly that with only 123 miles on it that it’s a buyers remorse truck. But everyone else is right about a demo being sold as new still as long as it wasn’t titled.

jgibbons1685

Reaction score
I doubt very highly that with only 123 miles on it that it’s a buyers remorse truck. But everyone else is right about a demo being sold as new still as long as it wasn’t titled.
The original poster stated the truck was being sold as used. A demo is not technically used. Used means it’s been titled.

Moabrubi

Reaction score
Yeah im bummed about missing the June rebate. But seems like some people got some pretty good deals even from the creation of this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread