5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

JB2

Reaction score
My dealer in Portland is giving 27% off the total MSRP including destination of $1695

Excellent! For math order of ops clarity re: how your dealer calculates:
Do they add the $1,695 on top of the MSRP on the sticker prior to the effective 27% discount? Or, is it your observation that the MSRP had the $1,695 already baked in?

Chavez98

Reaction score
My dealer in Portland is giving 27% off the total MSRP including destination of $1695

By any chance did you buy one of the white Limited’s that were in the back parking lot at Lithia by Lloyd? I notice the steel that was inside sold last week.

Luvysbbq

Reaction score
Well......three of the four trucks I was looking at two days ago.......sold yesterday....while waiting on another dealer to search for exact item I was wanting.

I found the truck I wanted and called....they said they had it in stock and we discussed the MSRP on the sticker.

Drove an hour and it was a NIGHTMARE!

First.....the truck had 3500 in add ons.....was not given to me when on the phone!

Second.....they offered me 2500 less than two other dealers on trade in.

I let them have it pretty good and stormed out......very upset!

Manager called me and tried to smooth it over.....I told him give me his best price!

20 minutes later they send me am estimate that was 6k more than two other dealerships for the same truck.

They asked me to “tell” them what the competitor offered. I sent them a Picture of the competitors truck in which they had a 25% off MSRP st inker on the windshield.

They had the nerve to trash them and then ask if they could match the 25% off.........told them damage was done and do not call me back!

Very frustrating!

If in NC.....do NOT go to M&L Chrysler Dodge in Lexington NC......complete joke and waste of my time!

psyberai

Clinically Abnormal Attention Paid To This Truck
Reaction score
For those in the Southern Idaho, Northern Utah, Western Wyoming area, there is a dealership touting 30% off MSRP. Ron Sayer's in Idaho Falls, ID.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Well......three of the four trucks I was looking at two days ago.......sold yesterday....while waiting on another dealer to search for exact item I was wanting.

I found the truck I wanted and called....they said they had it in stock and we discussed the MSRP on the sticker.

First.....the truck had 3500 in add ons.....was not given to me when on the phone!

Manager called me and tried to smooth it over.....I told him give me his best price!

20 minutes later they send me am estimate that was 6k more than two other dealerships for the same truck.

They asked me to “tell” them what the competitor offered. I sent them a Picture of the competitors truck in which they had a 25% off MSRP st inker on the windshield.

They had the nerve to trash them and then ask if they could match the 25% off.........told them damage was done and do not call me back!

Very frustrating!

If in NC.....do NOT go to M&L Chrysler Dodge in Lexington NC......complete joke and waste of my time!
Try Kernersville Ram just N of Greensboro. I bought from David F (older guy). No games!!

Luvysbbq

Reaction score
Try Kernersville Ram just N of Greensboro. I bought from David F (older guy). No games!!
They had two I was interested in.......was about to make counter offer......another dealership said they would look for me.....Day later......the two I was interested in were sold!

DSPS

Reaction score
Long time lurker, first time poster. Heading to pickup my Ram tomorrow. I had it locked in with a dealer on a black Longhorn, then other dealer came to senses and matched it. It is Ivory and is my first pick as I live down gravel roads/gravel driveway and looks clean with gravel dust, where black does not.

Details on deal:
2019 Ram Laramie Longhorn Crew Cab 5’7” 4x4 in Ivory White Tricoat
5.7L Hemi, 3.21, Anti-Spin rear axle, Advanced Safety Group, Level 1 Equipment Group, 33gal fuel tank, Trailer brake control, Panoramic sunroof, w/20” wheels.

MSRP: $66,050
Out door price with $200 processing fee: $48,042 +TTL
can you give the dealership details

sparkygreen

Reaction score

Very frustrating!

I hate to hear that. Someone out there wants your money, just keep trying.

I finally decided to take the plunge. I really loved my 2014 Ram 1500 Limited 2WD and after 5 years of ownership, I kept telling myself I was content with it and didn't "need" a new truck, but with the deals going around I found it impossible to resist.

Im taking delivery Monday of 2019 Ram 1500 2WD Limited. MSRP $62,445. Ended up a little under $46k + TTL. (This figure does not include trade).

The dealer was advertising the highest price of any of the dealers I was considering (only $10k-11k off MSRP), but I went in prepared. Showed them three competing dealers that were offering 26%+ off MSRP. Without much fight they came back at 26% off, but still had a bunch of add-ons and junk in the deal. Told them I wasn't going for any of that and wanted $47k OTD tax and all. That would have been close to 30% off. They came back at over 27% off MSRP, but left a $799 protection plan that they were hell bent on including, so the effective net was a little under 27% off MSRP. They were a little low on my trade offer, but talked them up enough that combined with the tax savings it made it worth doing it just to get it done.

Im sure one of the other dealers may have gotten a little more aggressive, but as everyone else is pointing out the supply is starting to run low and this one was configured the way I wanted it. Also the dealer I chose is only 5 miles from my house, so there is a big convenience factor there.

Dealer was Pineville Classic CDJR in Pineville, NC. Salesman Luis Rodriguez was very easy to work with and I would suggest them for anyone in the area. Although they are down to only a few Limiteds on the lot so you better hurry!

Glad to finally be a part of the 5th gen club. Thanks to everyone on here for the feedback, it really helps level the playing field.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
I hate to hear that. Someone out there wants your money, just keep trying.

I finally decided to take the plunge. I really loved my 2014 Ram 1500 Limited 2WD and after 5 years of ownership, I kept telling myself I was content with it and didn't "need" a new truck, but with the deals going around I found it impossible to resist.

Im taking delivery Monday of 2019 Ram 1500 2WD Limited. MSRP $62,445. Ended up a little under $46k + TTL. (This figure does not include trade).

The dealer was advertising the highest price of any of the dealers I was considering (only $10k-11k off MSRP), but I went in prepared. Showed them three competing dealers that were offering 26%+ off MSRP. Without much fight they came back at 26% off, but still had a bunch of add-ons and junk in the deal. Told them I wasn't going for any of that and wanted $47k OTD tax and all. That would have been close to 30% off. They came back at over 27% off MSRP, but left a $799 protection plan that they were hell bent on including, so the effective net was a little under 27% off MSRP. They were a little low on my trade offer, but talked them up enough that combined with the tax savings it made it worth doing it just to get it done.

Im sure one of the other dealers may have gotten a little more aggressive, but as everyone else is pointing out the supply is starting to run low and this one was configured the way I wanted it. Also the dealer I chose is only 5 miles from my house, so there is a big convenience factor there.

Dealer was Pineville Classic CDJR in Pineville, NC. Salesman Luis Rodriguez was very easy to work with and I would suggest them for anyone in the area. Although they are down to only a few Limiteds on the lot so you better hurry!

Glad to finally be a part of the 5th gen club. Thanks to everyone on here for the feedback, it really helps level the playing field.
Thats not only one heck of a deal but gives NC buyers at least 2 dealers now to work with! Thanks!
Pictures please.

Spooky8712

Reaction score
Looking at a 2019 Limited crew cab 4x4 loaded out every option except the pano sunroof, MSRP is $63,000 and theyre willing to give it to me for $47,000 + TTT which will bring it to like 50-51ish? Hows this sound?
Yeah there’s more room. I got mine for 47900 OTD but sticker was 66k.

gbon

Reaction score
hey guys after stalking ram prices since december i think this month is the time to take action. this would be my first financed vehicle. I am looking a a Laramie 4x4 loaded with options [protection group, sport appearance, advance safety, bed utility, level 2, sunroof, running boards, 12 inch, 22 rims, 33 gal, rear wheel liners etc]. MSRP is 66k and currently advertised at 48k. That being said you think there is any more room for savings or aim for a certain OTD? And any advice for a first time buyer would also be awesome, thanks!

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
hey guys after stalking ram prices since december i think this month is the time to take action. this would be my first financed vehicle. I am looking a a Laramie 4x4 loaded with options [protection group, sport appearance, advance safety, bed utility, level 2, sunroof, running boards, 12 inch, 22 rims, 33 gal, rear wheel liners etc]. MSRP is 66k and currently advertised at 48k. That being said you think there is any more room for savings or aim for a certain OTD? And any advice for a first time buyer would also be awesome, thanks!
You are in Ltd price range so be sure you want a loaded Laramie, just sayin’.

Kornfrk2727

Reaction score
So went to my first ram dealer to test drive what I want. Picked out a Laramie. blacked out. Walked away because I want to check out another dealer. This is what they got going for me. Advice is much appreciated.

$62,265 MSRP
Sales price. $56,769.
Doc fees. $202.49.
Rebates. $9,339.75.

I think I can do better which is why I am going to check out another dealer.

lloyde8

Reaction score
What they don’t tell you is that they are combining every rebate available. Most only qualify for one maybe two of the listed rebates. It’s a sales tactic to get you in to the dealer.
Call them up. I did. They're the biggest volume selling Chrysler dealership in California

Knoxswift

Reaction score
I'm so glad I found this fourm and thread. I walked out today because of questionable deal.

Dealer claimed they had what I was looking for. I got there and they didn't. But to my surprise they found one only 150miles away.
They leave me with the window sticker which has the vin. So while waiting I look online for it, I could not locate the vin online...
I ask why I can't find the vin online....They finally come back and mentioned that it was a special order and I can't purchase.

We find another couple of vehicals but missing options I couldn't budge on (by the way they would RIP off the vin bar code when giving the those next couple of stickers.)

I finally ask if they would order.
Then when discussing the order they would not budge on the MSRP!??

I'm glad to read that most people here have gotten money off the MSRP even with rebates!!

I have no idea why this dealer didn't want to work with me and now very glad I walked and will look for somewhere else....

Kyle_1252002

Reaction score
I picked up a Limited today. Drove to Des Moines from Kansas City to buy from Thomas at Deery RCDJ of Ames. Was very impressed, super nice staff all around, not pushy at all (even the finance guy wasn’t pushing all the profit packages). Would highly recommend. They had my Limited at $18k off MSRP, no gimmicks, advertised price was the price I paid.

Kornfrk2727

Reaction score
I picked up a Limited today. Drove to Des Moines from Kansas City to buy from Thomas at Deery RCDJ of Ames. Was very impressed, super nice staff all around, not pushy at all (even the finance guy wasn’t pushing all the profit packages). Would highly recommend. They had my Limited at $18k off MSRP, no gimmicks, advertised price was the price I paid.
I should of went with you lol. I live in Kansas City too. Congrats on the truck

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/