5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Jackie

Reaction score
Looked at a Rebel with options/color we like. The lot shark offered us a very weak deal.
MSRP 53,270
Sale price 49,500
Rebate 7,991 (15%)
So about 41,800 before TT
It has a build date of Sept, so old stock. They are way off at this point, but we think we’d bite for 38k before TT. Does that seem reasonable?

Any thoughts on a fair price/ %off for an older build Rebel, considering the insane deals at the moment?

Seems like there’s still plenty of older stock to be had in our area, so we’re not planning to leave a ton of cash on the table with this deal. We do like the options & the fact that the dealer is convenient to home. We are in PA, tri state area, so lots to choose from.

This will be our first Ram!!! So excited :)

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
So time will tell when on July X prices suddenly jump back up to the normal 5-10% off list and all the new buyers b*tch and moan just like I have done... These will be fondly remembered as “the good old days”.
Edit - removed Lil’ Miss from above as she hasn’t really complained about paying more, cause when I re-read her posts I’m not sure she didn’t get 30% off anyway, as hard as she bargains.

Hi Willwork, thanks again for the mention : )

i didn't get the rebate : (

i posted here about how i missed that *&^%$#@! 15% off MSRP rebate by just 3 lousy days....

i know some will disagree, but i ABSOLUTELY can not believe FCA didn't put ANY compensation for customers that had purchased, "within 7 days" of the rebate coming out, since its "such a significant" savings, UNLIKE the, "modest usual fluctuation of rebates month to month of $500 to $1000", but after all, it is RAM we are talking about, and "Customer Satisfaction" doesn't appear to be a TOP PRIORITY... : (

The dealer "attempted" to work with me to unwind my deal but in the end i had to open up a FCA case about it, he was "less than useless"... its still "pending" ...It is my 21st RAM purchase, but i've posted here my disappointment with FCA's understanding of the word "LOYALTY"... so i don't expect THAT to result in anything more than a "Ty for your continued...blah blah blah, we're sorry BUT"...letter.

And yes, you are right, i usually negotiate HARD but i was at a disadvantage on THIS one becuz even tho it WOULD have qualified for the 15% (grrrrr) it was an ORDERED unit & i spec'ed it exactly how i wanted it. I still got a really GOOD price on it and it is MY DREAM TRUCK, (with my name on Window Sticker to boot : )

But OMG, had i bought one that i had "just settled for off a dealer lot" and missed that rebate by ONLY 3 days, i prolly would've been soooooooo mad i'd of set it on fire...lol

Last edited:

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That's phenomenal!

My lie-o-meter currently reads 17.4, but I've seen as high as 18.2. Currently at about 1,550 miles on the odometer. Compared to my last truck, this one is about .5 mpgs higher, and not even broken in yet! (same commute, temps, etc. as old truck)

As for these deals, y'all are getting my OTD without my trade... it stings. BUT, for those like me who bought in April and May, remember that the difference will be minimal by year 3 (which is when I usually trade in my vehicles).

Also, like someone else said, we've gotten to drive our trucks longer :D To put it in perspective, I rode my motorcycle more to work and back when I had my old truck, just so I wouldn't be driving my truck. With the glut of bad drivers, I would still ride. Now I'm saving my motorcycle rides for joyrides, and taking the truck to work more days, unless the weather is absolutely perfect :D

-John
Quite accurate in that the temporary “pain” for us who bought before the incentives hit big will just have to wait until things stabilize. I had not really thought that the market for used 18’s and 19’s would be hurt a lot yet, heck maybe even 17’s. After all, why buy used now unless its several years older? The market has to give somewhere.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Ha ha LMAW, the insurance company would have sent you a check based on the rebate/incentive price, but only after they had gone back up! Then you’d really have been upset!

sparkygreen

Reaction score
I agree if the resale market is impacted by this deal, in 2-3 months when 2020's start rolling in and 2019's are almost gone all the deals will dry up and the resale will level out. They won't be giving 25%+ off on the new ones, at least until this time next year!

On a side note, anyone in DC/MD/NoVA area might want to check out Don Whites in ****eysville, MD. My buddy from work started looking after he heard I was getting such a good deal.

They are advertising 27%+ off MSRP on their site and it has a line through it as though that is not their lowest price. This model in particular has the much sought after off road package and it was built in April, so not a leftover from last year or anything. MSRP is $66k+ and they are showing it at $48k online, plus apparently more off since that price is marked through. Now take this with a grain of salt as I have never dealt with them, they may try to fluff it up after the fact with add-ons. etc. But as a starting point it seems pretty dag on good.

https://www.donwhites.com/new-****eysville-2019-RAM-1500-Limited-1C6SRFPT7KN800471

Good luck to everyone....going to pick up my new truck today. Ill post a pic once I get it.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
I agree if the resale market is impacted by this deal, in 2-3 months when 2020's start rolling in and 2019's are almost gone all the deals will dry up and the resale will level out. They won't be giving 25%+ off on the new ones, at least until this time next year!

On a side note, anyone in DC/MD/NoVA area might want to check out Don Whites in ****eysville, MD. My buddy from work started looking after he heard I was getting such a good deal.

They are advertising 27%+ off MSRP on their site and it has a line through it as though that is not their lowest price. This model in particular has the much sought after off road package and it was built in April, so not a leftover from last year or anything. MSRP is $66k+ and they are showing it at $48k online, plus apparently more off since that price is marked through. Now take this with a grain of salt as I have never dealt with them, they may try to fluff it up after the fact with add-ons. etc. But as a starting point it seems pretty dag on good.

Good luck to everyone....going to pick up my new truck today. Ill post a pic once I get it.
Thanks for the info.
Does anyone know if the rebates also apply to the 2500 series diesels?

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn 4x4 package, Level 2 equipment, linexed, truxedo, front tinted to match.

$52,745 MSRP
$6,500 Rebates
$2,500 Additional Negotiation
$43,745 Out the door

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn 4x4 package, Level 2 equipment, linexed, truxedo, front tinted to match.

$52,745 MSRP
$6,500 Rebates
$2,500 Additional Negotiation
$43,745 Out the door
Based on the crazy June reported rebates, that seems a bit “light” on incentives. Course its model/trim dependent however a BigHorn should get bigger than that... It will eventually will end but still.
At the dealer I bought from (Kernersville RAM in NC), I still see $12.7K discounts on a 4x4 BH level 2 crew cab.

Big Bert

Reaction score
Looked at a Rebel with options/color we like. The lot shark offered us a very weak deal.
MSRP 53,270
Sale price 49,500
Rebate 7,991 (15%)
So about 41,800 before TT
It has a build date of Sept, so old stock. They are way off at this point, but we think we’d bite for 38k before TT. Does that seem reasonable?

Any thoughts on a fair price/ %off for an older build Rebel, considering the insane deals at the moment?

Seems like there’s still plenty of older stock to be had in our area, so we’re not planning to leave a ton of cash on the table with this deal. We do like the options & the fact that the dealer is convenient to home. We are in PA, tri state area, so lots to choose from.

This will be our first Ram!!! So excited :)
I have found the great pricing is a little harder to find on Rebels. Personally, I am targeting Dealer contribution of 13% off MSRP plus 15% Select Inventory would be an Awesome deal....

I am close but not there yet.....

Jackie

Reaction score
I have found the great pricing is a little harder to find on Rebels. Personally, I am targeting Dealer contribution of 13% off MSRP plus 15% Select Inventory would be an Awesome deal....

They are out there! Dealer came back strong with 12%+ dealer discount/15% FCA. Before TT 27.15% We might pick her up tonight, assuming no monkey business on our trade. :)

Willwork4truck

Reaction score

If you can get that on a Rebel, jump on it with both feet!

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
Ha ha LMAW, the insurance company would have sent you a check based on the rebate/incentive price, but only after they had gone back up! Then you’d really have been upset!
lol that's funny and more than likely, VERY true, not to mention that "jail time" i'd prolly have had to do for "arson & insurance fraud"...lol

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you can get that on a Rebel, jump on it with both feet!
I think with the added accessories the dealer already had on the truck it added another 4k. So I can see 12k being a typical package for rebates.

dsaunders

Reaction score
By any chance did you buy one of the white Limited’s that were in the back parking lot at Lithia by Lloyd? I notice the steel that was inside sold last week.
Just saw this. I bought at that dealer but I wanted the 6'4 bed so they had one at a storage facility across the river they brought over for me. The ones in the back lot were all 5'7s

dsaunders

Reaction score
Excellent! For math order of ops clarity re: how your dealer calculates:
Do they add the $1,695 on top of the MSRP on the sticker prior to the effective 27% discount? Or, is it your observation that the MSRP had the $1,695 already baked in?
MSRP had the $1695 baked in. The 27% was taken off that total.

Reactions: JB2

BZV971

Reaction score
New member here, just purchased truck on Saturday 6-15. I didn't want to buy right now(current Silverado lease ends November) but this deal was just to hard to pass up. Big Horn level 2 granite crystal,crew 4wd, premium lighting,sport appearance, trailer tow(hate these mirrors),front and rear rubber mats,anti-spin diff, uconnect w/nav, V-8, 20 inch chrome wheels, BSM. Msrp 53,790.00 listed for 30% off .Final price 37653.00

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
New member here, just purchased truck on Saturday 6-15. I didn't want to buy right now(current Silverado lease ends November) but this deal was just to hard to pass up. Big Horn level 2 granite crystal,crew 4wd, premium lighting,sport appearance, trailer tow(hate these mirrors),front and rear rubber mats,anti-spin diff, uconnect w/nav, V-8, 20 inch chrome wheels, BSM. Msrp 53,790.00 listed for 30% off .Final price 37653.00
Yeah! 30% off is a bellringer! Ding ding!

Users who are viewing this thread