5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

SleepyWeasel

Reaction score
The 15% off from FCA is for a cash deal only (Loan or cash only; no Lease); There are different incentives for leasing and they vary from region to region.

From what I was told "nothing" will stack with the 15% off from FCA, but some in this thread have said they got the USAA to stack. I wanted to get the $1,000 off for PenFed buyer, but they told me it wouldnt stack.

Its probably a long shot, but Im waiting to see if the Fed drops interests rates next week. If so hopefully that will filter down to auto rates. Probably wont be much, but I hate paying interest.
I was told neither the USAA or the military rebate would not stack also.

Ramit71

Reaction score

SlipperyPete

Reaction score
The 15% off from FCA is for a cash deal only (Loan or cash only; no Lease); There are different incentives for leasing and they vary from region to region.

From what I was told "nothing" will stack with the 15% off from FCA, but some in this thread have said they got the USAA to stack. I wanted to get the $1,000 off for PenFed buyer, but they told me it wouldnt stack.

Its probably a long shot, but Im waiting to see if the Fed drops interests rates next week. If so hopefully that will filter down to auto rates. Probably wont be much, but I hate paying interest.

Mind if I ask how you got the PenFed 1k? I’m a member but can’t find anything on it other than a discount if I use their car buying service.

dsaunders

Reaction score
What they don’t tell you is that they are combining every rebate available. Most only qualify for one maybe two of the listed rebates. It’s a sales tactic to get you in to the dealer.
The 15% off is one rebate available to anyone on a cash or traditional finance purchase. On top of that, my dealer was offering an additional 12% off for a total of 27% off of MSRP. Straight up deal no stacking of rebates most don't qualify for.

Big Bert

Reaction score
Sleezy Dealer Award:

I had a great price and would have bought but the dealer tried to say his advertised price included both the Select Inventory Rebate and Military and USAA. So since I did not qualify for the Military and USAA he needed to raise his price to me by $1500 over his advertised price.

I tried to rationalize with him saying how can you say that when those rebates are invalid with the national program....he did not seem to understand or care....

Oh well there are plenty of vehicles out there for sale......

Big Bert

Reaction score
Has anyone gotten a Ram Driveplus Credit Card and received the $1000 bonus certificate?

How long to receive a certificate after you ran up $7500 in purchases?

Did it stack ok with other discounts?

SlipperyPete

Reaction score
Sleezy Dealer Award:

I had a great price and would have bought but the dealer tried to say his advertised price included both the Select Inventory Rebate and Military and USAA. So since I did not qualify for the Military and USAA he needed to raise his price to me by $1500 over his advertised price.

I tried to rationalize with him saying how can you say that when those rebates are invalid with the national program....he did not seem to understand or care....

I’d like to nominate my dealer. I had a deal worked up over the phone Monday afternoon at 2pm including a deposit to hold the truck until Wednesday when I could get up there. They called Tuesday morning to tell me that truck was sold by another salesman and was somehow done before they collected my deposit although they still took the deposit. They have since retuned it, but how do you take a deposit on a sold truck? Answer, you don’t, but you take the sale on the floor rather the one over the phone is what I learned.

dsaunders

Reaction score
Sleezy Dealer Award:

Sounds like he was trying to make an extra $1500. I'd definitely go elsewhere.

sparkygreen

Reaction score
Mind if I ask how you got the PenFed 1k? I’m a member but can’t find anything on it other than a discount if I use their car buying service.
I "activated" it a few days ago, and I remember hearing about it being available for several months, but now I can't seem to find it. As I recall it was in the Members Discount section, and it is not tied to the car buying service. I don't know if they pulled it, or if that part of their system is down right now. The best I could find is this phone number. I would call and ask them about it.

The Member Discounts are currently unavailable. Please contact us at 800-247-5626 for assistance.

But like I mentioned, it will not work with the current 15% off Factory incentive. So there really isn't a big advantage to using it if you have to give up $10k factory incentive to get $1k discount.

See attached for what it looks like when you get it.

Good luck!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-06-12 at 8.05.54 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-12 at 8.05.54 AM.png
    556.4 KB · Views: 25

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Just got a Limited. MSRP waas 65,500 Limited Level 1 and Pano roof for 46,775. This is before taxes. I am coming from a 2010 Tundra SR5 and this feels like I got a lot of truck for the money. The price was less than a used Tundra 1794.
Thats one sick discount! Post the dealer’s info for others please. (It doesnt help others to say “I got xx off” without a link or dealer name, so they can get in on the savings too.)

Boomstick

Reaction score
Thats one sick discount! Post the dealer’s info for others please. (It doesnt help others to say “I got xx off” without a link or dealer name, so they can get in on the savings too.)
here is the dealers page. They did a great job and were super fair with my trade and APR.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
here is the dealers page. They did a great job and were super fair with my trade and APR.

Thanks.
What am I doing wrong? I only see 2500’s and higher, no 1500’s from that.

Boomstick

Reaction score

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
sorry i think this is the dealer. there are two near Baltimore

Yep thats better. They have the colors I found (rare) with the level 1 limited option for, oh, 8K less than what I paid... :unsure::whistle:
Just sayin’, if you want to get your good deal, you’d better GET OFF THE FENCE! (y)
(I am in no way associated with this dealer, RAM/FCA however if theyd like to trade me straight across, no cash involved I could be talked into it...)

jb772

Reaction score
Looking at a 2019 Limited crew cab 4x4 loaded out every option except the pano sunroof, MSRP is $63,000 and theyre willing to give it to me for $47,000 + TTT which will bring it to like 50-51ish? Hows this sound?

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Looking at a 2019 Limited crew cab 4x4 loaded out every option except the pano sunroof, MSRP is $63,000 and theyre willing to give it to me for $47,000 + TTT which will bring it to like 50-51ish? Hows this sound?
Almost every limited has the sunroof, be careful about resale. If you really don’t like it thats fine, I didn't really want one however I also know the truck will get sold someday.

Jflores14

Reaction score
That's a pretty good price but honestly think your leaving about 1500-2k on the table. Depending on where your located should be able to get more from the dealers end. $9450 of the 16,000 off is cash allowance rebate.

NJC1684

Reaction score
Wanting your thoughts on how I should approach said deal. Limited MSRP $65,605 w/ asking price of $48,745. Has the bed liner delete so I want to add a spray in bed liner and a bed step. The truck has been on the lot for a bit as there is small amount of snow shown in some of the pics. Think I could work the price to $46,200 w/ liner & step. If not what is fair with what others are seeing?

Users who are viewing this thread