5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

bgmshrm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you are shopping around Sacramento check out elkgrove dodge too. I bought cars from gilroy woodland and elkgrove trust me they are no better than each other. Only matter who gave you better price when you are ready to pull the trigger... Haven't seen better price on Laramie yet.
more than 15k off ?

Wheeler

Reaction score
Best discount ever had was 2017 ecodiesel Laramie 18000 off msrp.

dracktw

Reaction score
I will suggest go gilroy they giving 8-9k dealership discount only plus whatever rebate is on the market.

1fujifilm

Reaction score
Thanks for all the valuable info in this post! It really helped me get a feel for where the numbers should be. In comparing dealers' internet prices vs MSRP, I noticed several trims discounted 18%-21%. Not so with the Rebels though, which was usually around 13% off MSRP.
Anyway, I just ordered my Rebel 12A, and I think I did alright with the deal.
MSRP: $66,891 (with tax/tags/etc.)
OTD: $56,696 (with tax/tags/etc.)
Rebel 12A, level 2 Crew Cab 5'7" box
V6 (I have no need for the HEMI, so it was a waste for me)
2 tone Billet silver, Tonneau cover, 4 corner Air Susp, Engine block heater, 33 gallon, Pano Sunroof, Ramboxes, Bed Utility, Bed liner, Trailer brake cont, & bed step.

Now the wait begins........

Honest advice here;
Run back to your dealer and add the hemi. It will cost you a ton when you trade or sell, people want power for towing.

With respect, Bear

Wheeler

Reaction score
Had 2016 rebel when it came out new. Trust me v6 is not the way to go for rebel. My dealer had only one v6 they try to sell it to me 10000 off msrp on the truck that just hit the market. I passed on it went with hemi. That truck sat on the lot for months.

C.AdamsMo.RAM

Reaction score
So I have been looking at the 2019 Ram Classic Lone Star Edition. Currently in my area they are advertising, with rebates, for as low as 27,995 on an MSRP of 42,970. I haven't bought a new car in over 10 years and just started looking. How is this in terms of price overall? Should I hold off and wait till 4th of July or bite the bullet and jump now. Mind you I haven't even gone into the dealer yet, just starting on my truck buying journey.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!
I just
So I have been looking at the 2019 Ram Classic Lone Star Edition. Currently in my area they are advertising, with rebates, for as low as 27,995 on an MSRP of 42,970. I haven't bought a new car in over 10 years and just started looking. How is this in terms of price overall? Should I hold off and wait till 4th of July or bite the bullet and jump now. Mind you I haven't even gone into the dealer yet, just starting on my truck buying journey.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!
I just purchased a 5th gen big horn but i looked at a 4th gen big horn. Idk what the difference is but 3 weeks ago they had the level 1, I think, 4th gen big horn at $30,000. Hope that can give you any help. Im in Missouri near Kansas City if location plays any effect on price at all. It was pretty nice, 4x4 quad cab

Whitestar

Reaction score
Just bought a 2019 Lone Star Silver.
MSRP, 43,240
29,490 with spray in bed liner out the door +TTL
32% off list

Last edited:

Jtc411

Reaction score
2019 big horn with level 2, running boards, bed step, blackout package.
Msrp 51,735
Paid 36,735 plus ttl

Webbd30

Reaction score
Custom Built:
2019 Ram Laramie Sport Fully Loaded (Check signature for details)

MSRP: 69995
Paid: 56620
18.32% off MSRP.

Located in Bay area California.

Wheeler

Reaction score
Jtc 411 have best deal so far almost 30% off msrp.
He can enjoy the truck for 2 years and sell for purchase price.
Been there done that.

Jtc411

Reaction score
Jtc 411 have best deal so far almost 30% off msrp.
He can enjoy the truck for 2 years and sell for purchase price.
Been there done that.

Thanks. I bought from a volume dealer and I’m a return customer. I was given a rebate of 1k for having the bed step which was a 195 dollar accessory. I don’t get why there is a 1k rebate but the price was way too good to pass up

Telly03

Reaction score
Pulled the trigger on a Limited and was using the price under MSRP as a guide, but quickly noticed the fuzzy dealer math that can skew the savings if you don't peel back a layer... MSRP on sticker was just over $68K, then they offered $56.8K as offer. First look, this looks like over 11k below MSRP, but the offer included the 2k incentives, without the $1.7K freight that was included in the MSRP, that would be added on top of their offer, along with tax and title... so when you mix the apples and oranges and unfuzzy the math, it is actually more like 8k under MSRP. I'm not blaming the Dealer, it was my choice to use MSRP as a "good deal" guide. Just sharing to help others entering a deal using MSRP as the measure.

I was OK with the 8K under MSRP, and the trade in value was very fair, so I'm a happy customer.

While doing the paperwork, they brought up different extended warranty options and showed me the price difference in my monthly truck payments... my response was "are you really going to make me do the math on all these to see what the bottom line is"? They quickly did the calculations for me... the 7 year/100,000 miles came up to $3,600K. I asked if this was the MOPAR extended warranty. It wasn't, this dealership uses a different company that is also accepted at all dealerships... I explained that I have done some research, visiting forums, and I see folks paying around $2.5K for that warranty through MOPAR... they crunched some numbers, claiming to give me some available discounts, and was able to meet the $2.5, so thanks guys, you all saved me over a grand :)

bgmshrm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Custom Built:
2019 Ram Laramie Sport Fully Loaded (Check signature for details)

MSRP: 69995
Paid: 56620
18.32% off MSRP.

Located in Bay area California.
is that out the door ? which rebates and dealer ?

cobrar97

Reaction score
2019 Ram Limited

MSRP - $68,845
Dealer Negotiated Price - $59,864 + TTL
Incentives - $2750
Total Paid - $57,114 + TTL (17% under msrp with incentive applied)

And I did not qualify for any personal incentives such as club member, employer rebate, military, etc, etc. For some folks, those could possibly allow for a greater savings.

Vehicle Specs
4x4 with 5'7" bed
Granite Crystal
E-Torque Hemi
3.92 Gearing
E-Locker
33gal Fuel Tank
Level 1 Group
Body Color Bumper Group
Bed Utility Group
Deployable Bed Step
Trailer Brake Control